It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos in Kos , "The situation on the island is out of control," says Kos mayor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand Cool, enough bleeting for me for one day, I'm shattered, it's been a long day.good evening to you

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: grainofsand Cool, enough bleeting for me for one day, I'm shattered, it's been a long day.good evening to you

I wish you good evening

...do keep me posted on your campaign for the government to open UK borders to migrants from safe nations though, I'll be interested to see if you have much success.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruthThe comments in this article is a perfect example of the myopia of human beings.

Europe became wealthy by appropriating the natural resources of other countries, namely Africa. Now destitute Africans who are fleeing poverty, sponsored by the decimation of a continent, the imposed socio-economic structure that disadvantage the indigenous inhabitants, not to mentiin the incessant wars. Now they are are being accused of freeloaders, liberal entitled, lazy, etc.

"The chicken has come home to roost" to quote a famous civil rights activist.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I think Jesus wouldn't have had a problem feeding those migrants.

Why do you?

Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So....

I don't know much about what's going on in Greece, I'll admit that.

Would going there for my honneymoon in a year or so be a really, really bad idea? I was kind of thinking everything would be cheap.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This topic has too much emotion. I seriously want to know an answer here. I would assume any country has its share of hungry and poor already in country. Every country does. These people need services. Plus there are other general services like fire, police, etc. Every country has limited resources, be it food , money, medicine, etc. As more poor come into any country. That means the resources they have need to be reallocated. Something else is taken away in order to move to another area. That is a simple fact.

So now the question becomes if x number of resources are slated for services for the poor , and more poor flood in then either you take away from something to increase resources for the poor or all people using those other resources now get less/diminished services.

Basically who loses for someone to gain, who makes that choice, at what point does everything get so stretched that no services can be effective? If immigrants are coming in, who says people already there must now receive less to compensate. This is not being heartless. This is a fact. There is a limited amount of resources and while you have a point about Africa getting destroyed of resources by UK/US companies, it was not the average person in these countries doing it. But is the average person in these countries who will have resources removed/diminished to compensate for the influx. You can label it anyway you want , you can rant all day, but when accounting for resource limits these are the facts. To then turn around and try to shame people for not liking a situation and even getting upset about it considering most had nothing to do with creating the situation, and the resource reality, is far worse. But rant on.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

BEcause Unlike jesus he dont have the blessings to make food out of nothing?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join