It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Silent Over 'Craft' Spotted Near Space Station

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: reldra

It was august 3rd, not sue there is a time.

So he says. I've learned to not take his word for anything. There's usually a reason they withhold the info that would show the ''anomaly'' for what it is.

It could be a part of the moon?

Not sure what you mean, exactly.

that even though the video shows a tiny spot, it is roundish. Maybe it caught part of the moon?

Couldn't be a reflection? A pink reflection that matches the top of the screen? Nevermind....It's pointless

Come on Oberg....You are slacking bud! I am starting to believe this is an alien UFO vessel.....
edit on 8/11/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So he says. I've learned to not take his word for anything. There's usually a reason they withhold the info that would show the ''anomaly'' for what it is.

that even though the video shows a tiny spot, it is roundish. Maybe it caught part of the moon?

Why ''a part'' of the Moon? Not saying 100% it IS the Moon, but why would it not be?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Can't rule out reflection either. All pics of the outside are taken through multiple layers of it.

That is a pretty clear object to be reflection.

The glass is clear, too.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Can't rule out reflection either. All pics of the outside are taken through multiple layers of it.

The glass is clear, too.

I meant clearly defined.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why ''a part'' of the Moon? Not saying 100% it IS the Moon, but why would it not be?

That the image was caught on moonrise or set and got just a small part in the pic.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The glass is clear, too.

I meant clearly defined.

Oh....Yep that pink reflection off of clear glass is clearly defined....Congrats for proving my point!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You are just insulting.

What was so insulting?

Like it or not, people are interested in this topic here.

Yes I am interested,

however when there is nothing to go on other than a video from last week and someone claims its proof of aliens is what makes it a joke.

Sorry for the fart joke,

However you could have added something to your OP other than 1 line, and a link, so discussion might go in the direction you intend it to.

Had I put up a youtube video you would have jumped all over me too.

Jumped all over you?

I didn't say it was an alien craft.

I didn't say you did,

However the article or people mentioned in it do.

Finally I thought it was a no no to post 1 liners, let alone post a 1 line OP, hence my frustration that I in turn used my lame attempt at humor to show I thought its more of joke than a serious discussion wanted.

Sorry if you found it insulting,

I find things like the article posted as an insult to Ufology, not that you posted it but that it is posted as mainstream news in the fashion it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
Come on Oberg....You are slacking bud! I am starting to believe this is an alien UFO vessel.....

Busy posting at the 'Sun' site.... Here's a few excerpts...

I'm sure the editors have long ago assessed the credibility of youtube posters such as "Streetcrap" and "Mister Enema", and they seem to have an equally low opinion of the intelligence of their target audience. The sad part is, on rare occasion something weird outside a spacecraft window is a clue to vehicle malfunction or other hazard, and needs urgent focused attention -- like the broken-loose fragment of Columbia's heat shield that drifted away on the second day in space which nobody noticed, losing the chance for proper diagnosis and reaction to the lethal wound in the spaceship. Noise and garble such as highlighted here only diminishes the odds of spotting such a vital clue in time, next time it is offered.

This is one of the greatest modern myths of this new era of exploration, and as a retired Mission Control operator fascinated by folklore, as an antidote to "Streetcrap" and "Mister Enema" [which describes their own output], I provide background and prosaic explanations here -- www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

So wait....You are saying it isn't aliens?? I am depressed now....Or wait, nevermind....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The image is legit. Watch from around 7:00

www.ustream.tv...

I still think it's just the Moon.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That the image was caught on moonrise or set and got just a small part in the pic.

The object is clearly well above the horizon. Nothing is partially obscured. Rise or set are not involved.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

No worries, I over-reacted.

I know it's "the overall climate of ATS" as of late but this is why I come to forums such as UFO's, I'm getting kind of tired of all the current news aggregation and all the bickering that comes with it.

Normally my sense of humor would have let me ignore your posts and the others (heck I might have even laughed) but as I mentioned all this PC/Anti PC stuff has no place in the UFO forum IMO. It seems no matter the forum someone tries to turn it into Obama or some other BS that has nothing to do with the thread.

Sorry for contributing to the derailing of your thread OP

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here's the video they used..it's of a still and not much use.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one
Ok, now what about the actual topic? Have you watched the ustream footage I linked?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
The still is from genuine NASA video- www.ustream.tv...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The still is from genuine NASA video- www.ustream.tv...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes it is, I've seen the stream, although I'm getting it very poorly. But, what I meant is that the Mirror/Sun picture is Streetcaps capture, which having looked again is probably video, but apart from the pan, it's difficult to see any other movement.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I have watched it and am undecided.

It's not as decisive as you portray it to be IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You're right about the still. It's not useful for anything other than promoting his bias.

I went back to look again and see that not only does the pink show up across objects at the top of the screen like Chad showed, but @ 7:28 I see it on another area of the ISS itself. It's in the lower right corner of the screen.

The pink area around the object is affected by the movement of the camera, like a flare/reflection also.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

"Streetcrap" and "Mister Enema"

Mister Enema , classic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join