It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Presidential Election: Clinton Takes the White House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The word "continue" is a clue.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Hillary was also First Lady of Arkansas.

Hill & Bill are a political team. If he was governor, she was governor.

One thing people who know them say, (besides that they are both incredibly intelligent), is that politically they are a team.

Politics is their life. And always has been. Its who they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
At this point, if Hillary takes the White House, it will be because there was a three way split vote and she gets it be default similar to how her husband got his second win.

Most of the democrat base isn't excited about her and wouldn't have anything to do with her if they had anything on their side that excited them. Just because the Milennials like Bernie doesn't mean the larger Democrat voting base does, and let's get real ... O'Malley taxed rain.

No one really wants Hillary to be president outside of her own power structure and few die-hards who think she'll be the second coming of Bill.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

The word "continue" is a clue.

I don't live in the past with politics. I live where it is now. And where its going.

We aren't this untouchable country anymore. Politics is Global. Its a new game.

I'm not going to raise my children like they did in the 1850s, or 60s, or 70s, etc. I'm going to raise them for the world ahead of them.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
If he was governor, she was governor.

You're certainly free to hold that as an opinion, but I don't think it makes for a very good argument.

If you had a child that needed brain surgery and Ben Carson was busy, would you be ok with his wife stepping in? that may sound absurd on the face of it, but to me it's close to the same thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

If he was governor, she was governor.

You're certainly free to hold that as an opinion, but I don't think it makes for a very good argument.

If you had a child that needed brain surgery and Ben Carson was busy, would you be ok with his wife stepping in? that may sound absurd on the face of it, but to me it's close to the same thing.

Not a very good analogy

In the Hill & Bill case - - - the wife would also be a brain surgeon.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
At this point, if Hillary takes the White House, it will be because there was a three way split vote and she gets it be default similar to how her husband got his second win.

As long as one of the 3 ends up with at least 270 electoral votes. If not, it's a weird House-Senate thing picking Pres & VP separately. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

With the current state of our House and Senate, logic would dictate that should be a Rep ticket, but given how anxious our political class seems to be to screw us over, they'd likely decide this is the perfect time to "work across the aisle" and "compromise" and we'd wind up with a Hillary/Jeb or something obnoxious like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Joe Biden is going to run because the Dems can see that Hillary has too much baggage. I believe Hillary will drop out of the race before the Iowa caucuses.
I think the following would be a very interesting election........
Biden - Dems
Bush - Repub
Sanders - Independent
Trump - Independent

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In most Democrat primary polls she has the majority of votes, and some well over 50%. In polls against Republican nominees she wins every one. Yes, let's be honest.

Trump is winning the Republican primary polls... they really don't mean much. Historically, the polls at this point in the race do not predict the next POTUS.

August 3-5, 2007: Hillary Clinton 48%, Barack Obama 27%, John Edwards 12%, Bill Richardson 4%, Joe Biden 3%, Dennis Kucinich 1%, Christopher Dodd 0%, Mike Gravel 0%, Someone else 2%, None/Unsure 5%
Source
edit on 8/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The only place Hillary should be is in the "big house". How she is even able to run as a candidate is beyond me. I won't put it past the typical progressive voter to give her the nod for the first female president title. They would vote for Lizzy Borden just because they need a female in there.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
The only place Hillary should be is in the "big house". How she is even able to run as a candidate is beyond me. I won't put it past the typical progressive voter to give her the nod for the first female president title. They would vote for Lizzy Borden just because they need a female in there.

Has she been officially found guilty of anything?

Accusations abound in politics.

And BTW - - I never said I supported her. Just to be clear.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
dp
edit on 8-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was mentioned in my OP. A 3 way split will be a certain victory for the Dems.

Most of the democrat base isn't excited about her and wouldn't have anything to do with her if they had anything on their side that excited them.

Most people don't get excited over politics, but it does appear that she has the majority of her party's support.

No one really wants Hillary to be president outside of her own power structure and few die-hards who think she'll be the second coming of Bill.

She actually has a very solid support base. Hillary has been around for many years and has support well beyond what you described. She should not be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Historically, the polls at this point in the race do not predict the next POTUS.

Agreed. I am making my prediction based on more than just polls and I outlined that in the OP.

Hillary has solid support among the Democrats and the only reason it would seem that she doesn't is propaganda from the Right trying to squash it.

I've had many conversation with people, outside of ATS, on politics and I can say that it seems that many are scared stiff about this election. The Right is not bringing a comparable candidate to the table that can compare to the political powerhouse that is Clinton.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I don't know where I mentioned you in the first place.... A murderer isn't officially guilty until they're convicted either....

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I don't know where I mentioned you in the first place.... A murderer isn't officially guilty until they're convicted either....

Well Hey! When I first started hanging out in political forums on ICQ - - - there was a site called "Bush Bones". You probably would have loved it.

A murderer isn't a murderer until proven - - according to law.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Not a very good analogy

In the Hill & Bill case - - - the wife would also be a brain surgeon.

You can only elect one governor at a time no matter what you want to call her.

A cat can have kittens in an oven. That doesn't make them biscuits.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

We are preparing new data: 'Lizzie Warren took an axe, and gave the bankers forty whacks...'

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I truly like Trump - but he's doing a bit too good of a job in firing and alienating folks around him. If things do not change dramatically, I am afraid, when campaining is over, Trump will stand there alone - but not on the White House lawn.

So, if Mr Trump wants to keep his troops rallying for him, he better start to leverage substance, and become less irritated and hot headed on some intentionally pushy journalists and reporters - and practically donate ammo to the enemy camp. He has people supprting him already. Keep focus on doing the good work, and keep the lid zipped up and all the good will follow.

THAT SAID, I saw really good men there lined up in Ohio. There are plenty of leverage from the other candidates, and I am really glad to see, Trump is not the only "little achiever" there. Should he fall off, there are fantastic broad shoulders to rely on.

As what comes to Clinton - she has a major clean up operation right now going on, for practically lying in the face of a court, obstructing justice, and compromising national security by hosting state secrets on private servers and without proper protections. I have no trust what so ever on her. She is not less dirtier than her husband at the times of his Arkansas scandals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join