It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King Has Written a Campaign Slogan for Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

“If you’re white, you’re all right!,” begins King’s suggested slogan. “Any other hue, I don’t trust you.” The motto plays on the accusations of racism that have plagued Trump since his campaign launch in June, in which he referred to some illegal immigrants from Mexico as rapists. Although Trump has claimed broad support among the Latino community, polls show otherwise.
time.com...

When I think of Donald Trump in the White House, I think of the movie "Dave." Anyone remember that film?

Dave_(film)

I believe that film expressed an interesting concept. A competent and intelligent person, working independently, could find numerous ways to make common sense improvements in the system.

Can anyone imagine Trump doing things like the following film clip? I sure can.

When was the last time the USA had anything like that...JFK...maybe it's not such a great idea.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The thing is, Trump has deliberately aligned himself with what are now called 1%ers since the 1970s. That's his culture and these are his peers - his social circle.

Does anyone seriously believe that he'd support making economic conditions less than favourable for 1%ers??

That Hollywood scenario of a Normal Joe bumbling into the role of POTUS appeals to all of us. Some dude 'making things right' would be great. Is it ever gonna happen? I think we all know it won't.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The thing is, Trump has deliberately aligned himself with what are now called 1%ers since the 1970s. That's his culture and these are his peers - his social circle.

Does anyone seriously believe that he'd support making economic conditions less than favourable for 1%ers??

That Hollywood scenario of a Normal Joe bumbling into the role of POTUS appeals to all of us. Some dude 'making things right' would be great. Is it ever gonna happen? I think we all know it won't.

This is whats makeing me laugh my arse off.
All the naive gullible fools in the poor and middle classes lapping his BS up and they think we will represent them if he gets into power?

These trumpeters need there brains examined!

edit on 8-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Dr. Ben would I feel unite this country.
You know the one Obummer farked up.....

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

All the naive gullible fools in the poor and middle classes lapping his BS up and they think we will represent them if he gets into power?

Doesn't everyone??

GWB was gonna end terrorism post 9/11. Tony Blair was gonna make all the poor into middle-class. Obama would bring 'change.' Triangular Merkel is maybe the only recent leader who hasn't totally disappointed their voters and even she has bottled it in the face of NSA espionage. Everyone is gullible when they elevate a leader...

Whoever wins the elections, we'll be seeing 100s of 1000s of Americans chanting "USA! USA! USA!" Within minutes, they'll be getting bent over and screwed like they did in every election before. Then they'll be blaming all the failures of the new POTUS on the 'failures' of the previous one lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Then they'll be blaming all the failures of the new POTUS on the 'failures' of the previous one lol.

Ahhh, the two party system. "Its not my fault, it didn't happen on my watch".

As far as playing the Trump card, they did it to spice up the debate, enticing the public to watch.

I'll have my GOP with a splash of Donald.

Its working.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's such an elegant system and fine-tuned since 1679.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It's such an elegant system and fine-tuned since 1679.

Sorry, why 1679?

Also noted how the "debate" was all republicans, just like the democratic one to come. Then the final debate will be just two… of the two party system.

There will be multiple parties on the actual ballot, but most everyone will wonder who those other guys are.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Whoops, I should have found a link.

It was a year when the English Whigs and Tories parties were established and a watershed year for the beginnings of a two-party system populated by the wealthy and powerful.

There will be multiple parties on the actual ballot, but most everyone will wonder who those other guys are.

They won't get the airtime or square inches in the popular press either...the 'fix is in.'

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't vote for Trump if he were the last man standing...

Donald Trump’s Achilles Heel: Eminent Domain Property Seizure

But he's right about rape and immigration; if I remember correctly, authorities estimate that 80% of the girls and women who come here illegally are raped by their human smugglers, fellow illegals, cartels, authorities, and on and on. This is common knowledge among Hispanics -- especially illegals -- authorities, pretty much everyone paying attention since the rapists leave a memorial --

Rape tree
"Rape Trees" Found Along Southern US Border
Rape trees, rosaries and English-only: Why the Supreme Court won’t quell the immigration debate

As I understand it, rape is also common among the illegal communities in the USA, where the victims are too afraid of being arrested and deported to report the crimes. Not uncommon in shadow communities that hide from the law.

The crying shame is that people do know, but are quite happy to allow the violence and suffering to continue, as long as they can score political points misrepresenting and skewing and even ignoring the truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Absolutely NOT! He'd let the kids suffer and put the money into the military or give it to his CEO friends. He'd be MUCH more like the president Dave replaced!

Insane!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah, King should maybe work on Cujo 2 or something, his relevance ran out a long time ago. Not a fan of Trump, but we have horror writers giving political commentary now?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

“If you’re white, you’re all right!,” begins King’s suggested slogan. “Any other hue, I don’t trust you.” The motto plays on the accusations of racism that have plagued Trump since his campaign launch in June, in which he referred to some illegal immigrants from Mexico as rapists. Although Trump has claimed broad support among the Latino community, polls show otherwise.
time.com...

When I think of Donald Trump in the White House, I think of the movie "Dave." Anyone remember that film?

I believe that film expressed an interesting concept. A competent and intelligent person, working independently, could find numerous ways to make common sense improvements in the system.

When was the last time the USA had anything like that...JFK...maybe it's not such a great idea.
"

No, I can't imagine that buffoon doing anything of the sort. He would ve finding ways to take $656 million dollars + AWAY from homeless people (or anyone else he doesn't like).
edit on 8-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Yeah, King should maybe work on Cujo 2 or something, his relevance ran out a long time ago. Not a fan of Trump, but we have horror writers giving political commentary now?

You don't follow his book sales. Stephen King's relevance has certainly not run out.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
No, I can't imagine that buffoon doing anything of the sort. He would ve finding ways to take $656 million dollars + AWAY from homeless people (or anyone else he doesn't like).

When I wrote "doing things like the following film clip", I was only referring to the leadership style that Dave exhibited in the film.

I watched the clip I posted in the original post after I posted this thread and I almost did a facepalm when I realized why Dave was trying to change fiscal policy. I hadn't remembered what Dave was trying to achieve, only his leadership style.

No, I couldn't see Trump trying to help the poor like that either. Again, when I posted this thread I hadn't recalled the details of the content of the scene, only the leadership style, I think that's what's possibly Trump-like about it.

I mean, Trump has been a very successful businessman. It seems to me that he's always acting when he's in public. I don't think any of us know what he's really like as a leader. I'm giving my impression which could be completely off as I have no first-hand knowledge on this issue.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Could Donald Trump be Americas first Orange President...?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dave was a good movie, but what I see and someone pointed out "Dave" was just ordinary guy, I would like to see someone in the WH that is not a politician nor a lawyer.

top topics

join