It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Democracy Despoiled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd like to say "I hope you are wrong", but even I am not that naïve. It all truly sucks and we seem helpless to find a solution.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well said, Heff. Truly. And to those who can't write anything without tea-bagging one party or the other... YOU are the reason. You and the people like you that came before. Can we change this? Absolutely. Will we. Not a chance. Because of the tea-bagging maroons that simply wouldn't get it if it was laid-out in Sesame Street speak.

How, just for poops-and-giggles, could we change it, JT? Wouldn't be that hard, really. The vast majority of us would simply have to back a single, non-mainstream, non-two-party person and get them elected. Someone who 'gets it'. They, in turn, would put Congress on notice that We The People are done with the BS and are taking it back. Anyone not getting in-line is the enemy. Our person would then focus on neutering the corporatists. Block Citizens, pull tax subsidies, and tax the bejesus out of all these asshats. Wanna take your bidness to China? Go. And don't come back.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hey! Remember that time when you were thinking about who to vote for in your political parties Presidential race and you called all of the candidates to ask them over?

Well it would be a cold day in hell before i ever 'invite' a politician over.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Boycotts don't work. Being generous, 50% of the people are aware of the issues, only 50% of that disagree, typically only 10% of those that disagree will take action. You're left with only 2.5% of the population not spending at certain corporations. Others will spend more at those corporations to cancel out your lack of spending, and even if they don't you aren't impacting their bottom line by very much. Then we get into the other issue, at some point you have to pick a company to spend money at, but they're all doing this. Inevitably you have to pick one who isn't as bad but is still practicing the exact same behavior you're trying to stop, and based on competition that money is going to wind up right back where you weren't spending it in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join