It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second cop killed this week, another manhunt under way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
First officer was killed checking out a suspicious vehicle in Memphis. That suspect turned himself in to federal Marshals after a relatively short manhunt.

Overnight in Shreveport, 911 received a call about a suspicious person with a gun threatening somebody at or inside a residence. When the officer arrived the suspect opened fire, striking the officer multiple times. The officer died a few hours later at the hospital.

Since the shooting law enforcement has flooded the area trying to locate the suspect. The most recent update I saw was law enforcement had arrived at Union Station after receiving a tip that the suspect was on a bus. An officer on scene told local media it turned out to be a false lead.

As an aside, there's been an uptick in shootings near where I live in the last couple of weeks. A teenage girl was caught in the crossfire between two other cars on the road that were exchanging shots. Just about every morning there's another shooting or stabbing in the news, most of them fatal. Dog days of summer getting to people? Something else at play? I dunno.

www.nbcnews.com...

ETA for clarity - the shooting was in Shreveport, the bus tip was in Jackson, Mississippi.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nothing new really.

Maybe you should just turn off the TV or whatever.

None of this really makes any difference anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Not sure of the cause, but folks are snapping. I have a feeling it's going to get worse, way worse.

RIP to the officers and my prayers are with their families.

May cooler heads prevail.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Guten- It has to be something in the water. Not only are people "snapping" but sickness and disease everywhere. Although I miss pushing the blk./wh. through the hood and miss TheJob every day, I am glad to be O.D.

Maybe a drastic PsyOps and hope/wish/meditate/pray that when someone is 'activated' You're not around to soak up stray bullets?

"Don't make the phone ring"- #331

namaste

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think I know who the FEMA camps are for now.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is it any wonder cops approach your car with a hand on their gun...
edit on 6-8-2015 by Bluntone22 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

. Dog days of summer getting to people? Something else at play? I dunno.

Everything seems to be coming to a boil. People are just sick and tired of everything. Political corruption, low wages, no good jobs, prices on everything going up and up, drugs, crime, police brutality, that some idiots think they can solve with revenge shootings....... pick a subject.
My biggest fear........we ain't seen nothing yet.
edit on 6-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It certainly doesn't help when you have individuals such as Farrakhan "inciting violence" and getting away with it either..

Call it a "conspiracy" if you wish, but I can most certainly see a "race war" being socially engineered by the MSM and this administration.

Buckle up! The hate will just continue to grow until the lid blows off..........

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I think I know who the FEMA camps are for now.

Who

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

. Dog days of summer getting to people? Something else at play? I dunno.

Everything seems to be coming to a boil. People are just sick and tired of everything. Political corruption, low wages, no good jobs, prices on everything going up and up, drugs, crime, police brutality, that some idiots think they can solve with revenge shootings....... pick a subject.
My biggest fear........we ain't seen nothing yet.

Sadly I think you are correct.
Things just feel so unsettled right now, and I am having a hard time shaking it off.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Officer Down Memorial Page

So far there are 71 in the line of duty deaths this year, which is down 7% from last year.
Automobile fatalities (LEO) are up 3% this year over last.

Last officer deaths are on the first page for those wanting more info.

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Nothing new really.

Maybe you should just turn off the TV or whatever.

None of this really makes any difference anyway.

Because ALL lives matter.
edit on 6-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I do my best brother.
Namaste as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Not sure of the cause, but folks are snapping.

The media has taken the recent police-involved shootings and created an "us vs them" mentality that's worse than I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

The media has taken the recent police-involved shootings and created an "us vs them" mentality that's worse than I've ever seen.

Don't worry, the federal government will step in and nationalize local law enforcement.

Then everything will be fine.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well the police do give them alot of ammo.. More than i can ever remember..

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Farrakhan's words are a bit incendiary but I totally understand the sentiment and the frustration. People are being killed and all the protests and good intentions in the world haven't done anything to change it. Can't expect them to just stand by and hope it all gets better.

I don't necessarily agree that it's a race thing it's more that cops in black communities generally don't racially reflect the communities they serve in or even understand them which causes hostility and tension on both sides. Add to that poor training that reinforces paranoia and corruption and this is the result.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Well the police do give them alot of ammo.. More than i can ever remember..

Not really, the national media is just focusing on it like never before.

The media has the power to alter perceptions.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eye4NeyE

Who

The media is pushing poor, uneducated black people into a war with the militarized police.

If Farrakhan manages to get his 10,000 "freedom fighters" to start killing cops, I wonder how many posters here would be classified as "enemy combatants".

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Update for anybody interested:

The suspect has been arrested. They caught up to him late this afternoon/early evening and took him into custody.

Suspect already had a warrant for attempted murder, and is expected to be arraigned on both first degree murder and attempted second degree murder.

nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

None.. Enemy combatant cant be applied to US citizen on US soil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join