It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders credibility with Left dooms Hillary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Speculation, all speculation. I do think the Republicans need to get on board with Trump though. He could take them to victory easily, it's just too many Republican politicians are in bed with outside money and interests and are true puppets. Hillary's own actions are becoming her undoing, she needs no help. She faces a lot of scrutiny right now with the Judge ordering her and her buddies to produce emails. This might get her for illegal activity or for perjury. I think she's caught and a pariah now.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Say what you want....he's still "one of them". You know....one of the parties.

It seems he is the lesser evil....but who knows yet.

This is worse than Christmas. We started, what...2.5 years before the election? Do people really enjoy this crap that much?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It wouldn't be the first time that an unknown came out of left field and knocked Hillary out of the running. This tells me that most vote for Hillary out of name recognition, but once they learn of a better alternative, they quickly jump ship.

The problem is nobody actually likes Hillary. She only polls well with women because she's a woman. I know that sounds reductionist and I'm not implying what some will, but at the end of the day, she's not done much for any American for a long time.

Then you have a laundry list of scandals and double speak that come out of her mouth and her Foundation. She's in a terrible place.

Considering the debates for the DNC will be less than 5 people I imagine, she's not going to be able to argue Bernie into the ground. He has no scandals, an almost perfect voting record.

He polls well with every demographic basically and he's an old established white Dude. That in itself is pretty impressive.

And you always know they are afraid when they refuse to cover the candidate who is surging in the polls. Even progressive publications are giving Trump more airtime than Bernie.

It's downright shameful. But as for Hilary, she's not going to make very far in the primaries I don't think. She might do well in Iowa, but anywhere else Bernie is going to take her for a run I think.

~Tenth

The problem I have with Hillary (and most - not all) women in power government, coporate, entertainment, religious is that they behave like men, act like men, pretend to be men and IMO lose all credibilty.

Now I'm not talking about losing feminity and the 'little womanly' crap - that I hear about from some corner I mean the ablility to take a broad view, see many sides to a situation, work together for a goal, and other generally female atributes. Compasion, fairness, putting others first.

Women work in a 'man's world', a world that measures everthing against a 'hunter' yardstick and doesn't appreciate or value the 'gatherer' viewpoint.

I can't abide women who act like men and think it's the 'only way to be in the world' and think they are a terrible example to youth about what a woman is capable of.

There are places were women are working in a feminine fashion - less risk, more investment - with womens power, values and views. In fact women are classically more conservative in most areas then men. They know how to 'conserve resources'.

Hillary Clinton - for all her accomplishments and intelligence is a man with tits.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Keep your eyes on Elisabeth Warren. She said "I am not running for president", but the situation may change due to Sanders. Elisabeth is much more a spokesman for the 99%, and could easily harvest Hillary's feminine support AND Bernie's approval! By keeping her powder dry until later in the cycle, the surprise, novelty and enthusiasm could be irresistible.
I believe there would be an incredible groundswell, an unstoppable enthusiasm that would produce giant coattails and promote the progressive agenda into a success where government could happen again. One can only hope.........

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree with your points about Hillary; I would have said the same things if I had fleshed out my response a bit better. I've said for a while now that Hillary collects scandals like you or I would collect baseball cards.

As for your predictions, I hope you are right. I'm still worried that Bernie will end up like the Democrat version of Ron Paul. Popular among the people, but kicked out of the race because he isn't popular among the establishment. Though, if I can, I'll vote for him. I just have to wait until after until the general election since I'm not a registered Democrat.

I'm registering democrat so I can vote for bernie in the primary. He is the only hope for this election, as Ron Paul was the previous two. I too hope this turns out differently.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like the way you think! This would be a great way to shake up the established political process. Maybe bring everyone back down to Earth a little. It really wouldn't matter who won that cage match. Things would change a bit methinks.

Peace;

Andy

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I don't really see why Bernie would be an independent in the first place. When has he ever moved for anything that is not part of the DNC platform?

Ron Paul voted no to pretty much everything, because the laws coming out are really that bad that you wouldn't want any of them. Does Bernie have that kind of track record?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

I don't really see why Bernie would be an independent in the first place. When has he ever moved for anything that is not part of the DNC platform?

Ron Paul voted no to pretty much everything, because the laws coming out are really that bad that you wouldn't want any of them. Does Bernie have that kind of track record?

Actually striving for ideals that the Democratic Party simply plays occasional lip service to in order to attract true liberals, similar to how Ron Paul did this for libertarians and true conservatives that republicans try to attract in rhetoric only.
edit on 4-8-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

LOL - you think a democrat would sponsor legislation to publically finance elections?

You know nothing about Senator Sanders background or work if you believe this.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The ad, released by O’Malley’s Super PAC, Generation Forward, is one of the first ads released on behalf of O’Malley’s campaign. It labels Sanders “no progressive when it comes to guns.” The commercial flashes headlines from online news articles calling Sanders a “gun nut.”

IMO, this will actually help him.

He's seeming more and more astute about what the 99% want. If he was "abolish all guns!"ing he would lose the support of some who would otherwise agree with EVERYTHING else he has said.

He's even got Republicans on board, no joke!!

Sanders/Warren 2016!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join