It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off for fingerprinting! I got the job :D

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

As I mentioned, I was missing something. Thanks for pointing it out.

So if someone had gotten a job it's OK to be an ass, but if it's a single mother struggling to get the same job you apologize?

You also failed to see my congrats on the job but only questioning BofA.

I think Zazz did a god job calling you out for being rude and politicizing what another member shared as positive news.

I must be missing something here.

Doesn't this make for being part of the problem rather than a solution?

Was there something I missed? I mean congrats on a job but I'm lost here. Especially BofA.

Jude

That's what you said. So someone getting a job makes them part of the problem. You sounded completely disingenuous with your congratulating, and then went on to to hammer it in that working for Bank Of America was being a part of the problem (a problem that you didn't have the time to even address). Especially BofA. Go ahead and explain how that wasn't a dig.

Tell us, what changed. What now makes it OK for the OP to work for a bank? Because she's a single mother? Somehow your disdain is waived? What if it was a single father? Is it some sort of minority status that exonerates people from being a part of a problem (that you're too lazy to share with the group) when disparaging members? So is a family man allowed to work for a bank without being a part of the problem if he has a wife? Is there a tier system being part of the problem is based off of? Do you think it's OK to work at a bank if you only make a certain amount of money?

Apparently the moral authority is an internet stranger. You can tell us what jobs we should work without knowing our circumstances. Please tell me what I should do for a living, Tell me how to rebel against the big companies from your internet connection! You clearly know everything and are aware of all our lowly circumstances. Should I stop this life of crime? I'm loathe to admit I recognize the IRS as being legitimate! I've paid *gasp* some speeding tickets. I know I'm a horrible person because I don't just ignore the local laws when it's inconvenient!

Instead of being nasty, and then getting nasty again when you're called out on it, try admitting you were in the wrong. I know you're smart, be smart enough to admit you were being a dick.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That sounds lovely and thank you but I"m a size 1/2 lol

That is why I have a hard time finding suit pants or skirts in my size. I have found some Petite Sophisticate ones which I LOVE but that store was for short people like me. LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HilaryF
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I wish you luck but your job won't last more than few years

And you certainly shouldn't have money in that bank

I believe my post said NO CONSPIRACY crap!! Christ get a life ffs.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hey guys I wasn't calling him out, I was just genuinely confused. Lets not clutter a celebration thread on ATS with debate! God knows we have so few of these

*scratches Judes furry ear and wipes that awful lipstick off Domo. Sets down a saucer of milk.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Domo1

Hey guys I wasn't calling him out, I was just genuinely confused. Lets not clutter a celebration thread on ATS with debate! God knows we have so few of these

*scratches Judes furry ear and wipes that awful lipstick off Domo. Sets down a saucer of milk.

Every time i see your avy lately I crack up. I'm so use to the other one! HAHA! Makes me want to crack Chuck Norris jokes all day long.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

He won't last long
Yesterday I felt a little Chuck wearing Double Denim.
Naval Hair , optional

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Congrats! Of course, I never had any doubt.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Congratulations, I bet a weight was lifted off your shoulders becoming a working person again. Now you can be one of those people working for a bank most of us hate.......lol..... funny huh... But serious, hope you enjoy your days from here on out..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He won't last long
Naval Hair , optional

AH he's gone! LOL Who is your avy now?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Congrats! Of course, I never had any doubt.

Thank you! you have more faith in me than I do lol

I always feel like I have a curse over my head! I guess I dont. LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Congratulations, I bet a weight was lifted off your shoulders becoming a working person again. Now you can be one of those people working for a bank most of us hate.......lol..... funny huh... But serious, hope you enjoy your days from here on out..

Thanks!

Haha if you only knew how I was about this particular bank for YEARS. I wouldn't even step foot into one. Heck when I went in I felt like I was going to burn or something lol. Now I work for them. Yea they are one of the most hated banks but they pay well and it's a good career opportunity while i go to school for aeronautics. I needed something that fit my schedule with my son and this does perfectly! Plus benefits!! WOOHOO!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

He won't last long
Naval Hair , optional

Michael Caine from the 1960s. My favorite actor

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

He won't last long
Naval Hair , optional

Michael Caine from the 1960s. My favorite actor

Ahh I see it now. It was hard on my iPhone, the picture is bigger now that I'm on an iPad. Yes I know who he is, great actor.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Somehow I missed this yesterday!
CONGRATS and WOOHOO, mblah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's so hard to find clothes that fit!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: jude11

As I mentioned, I was missing something. Thanks for pointing it out.

So if someone had gotten a job it's OK to be an ass, but if it's a single mother struggling to get the same job you apologize?

You also failed to see my congrats on the job but only questioning BofA.

I think Zazz did a god job calling you out for being rude and politicizing what another member shared as positive news.

I must be missing something here.

Doesn't this make for being part of the problem rather than a solution?

Was there something I missed? I mean congrats on a job but I'm lost here. Especially BofA.

Jude

That's what you said. So someone getting a job makes them part of the problem. You sounded completely disingenuous with your congratulating, and then went on to to hammer it in that working for Bank Of America was being a part of the problem (a problem that you didn't have the time to even address). Especially BofA. Go ahead and explain how that wasn't a dig.

Tell us, what changed. What now makes it OK for the OP to work for a bank? Because she's a single mother? Somehow your disdain is waived? What if it was a single father? Is it some sort of minority status that exonerates people from being a part of a problem (that you're too lazy to share with the group) when disparaging members? So is a family man allowed to work for a bank without being a part of the problem if he has a wife? Is there a tier system being part of the problem is based off of? Do you think it's OK to work at a bank if you only make a certain amount of money?

Apparently the moral authority is an internet stranger. You can tell us what jobs we should work without knowing our circumstances. Please tell me what I should do for a living, Tell me how to rebel against the big companies from your internet connection! You clearly know everything and are aware of all our lowly circumstances. Should I stop this life of crime? I'm loathe to admit I recognize the IRS as being legitimate! I've paid *gasp* some speeding tickets. I know I'm a horrible person because I don't just ignore the local laws when it's inconvenient!

Instead of being nasty, and then getting nasty again when you're called out on it, try admitting you were in the wrong. I know you're smart, be smart enough to admit you were being a dick.

As usual a question on ATS is not allowed to be just that, a question. Always either an insult, conspiracy or lie.

And as usual, you seem to be getting aroused by nothing.

My question was an honest one. Why would someone choose to work for a corporate monster who has caused so much pain on a Global scale? If I received an answer such as "I am unemployed, need to put food on the table, raise kids"...ok, I get it. If I get an answer of "I LOVE BofA!...different story now isn't it?

BTW, I said congrats on the job because many don't have one. NOT congratulating because of a woman as I had no idea of the sex of the OP. So I really couldn't care less.

Give it a break kitty.

Jude

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Congratulations. I too have just started (3 weeks ago) a new job. I love it and hope you love yours. This is my first day job in 10 years and I was worried I'd struggle but I've taken to it like a duck to water. Good luck for Monday! !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join