It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EAS (Emergency Alert System), am I the only one that just heard that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
First post so mods if you feel this belongs else where, by all means.

So the Spanish channel (Spain) is on in the other room, I hear that very familiar sound from EAS, but this time it was louder and longer? So I run out to the living room to see if it was going to say something or just simply another test to find my mom about to mute it cause it was annoying lol... I hear it stop and didnt hear the usual robot voice saying its a test so I then think although its on comcast maybe since the Spain channel is on there isnt one? I change the channel to a local one and see a red bar on top that was not quite the whole screen long that said something about North Carolina, Virginia (I think) and another state, not rly sure if Virginia was included, but it did start the message with "All of" then "Some of"..

So ya, am I the only one that heard this? I see no post nor anything on google... this happened about 35minutes ago, 11:10am EST and im located in Florida.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

Ive been hearing a lot of test lately as well. Seems to be a lot more then normal! In the last week there have been 4 that I recall on tv and the radio!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm wondering if it could be something like an Amber Alert?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is interesting. Sorry, nothing popped up here on my NJ channels, but I'm following this thread to see if anyone else chimes in with more info. Thanks OP

edit on 8/3/15 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Check the weather channel. We have been having wicked intermittent storms ever single day. When a funnel cloud is expected, or spotted, they send an alert. They also alert for wind gust at elevated speeds, hail or any other unusual expected weather.

I hear them so often that I don't pay attention as I should anymore. The downside to information overload.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Are you in one of those states a presume? Did it look like the picture in this article? This was done in March.

www.rt.com...
edit on 3-8-2015 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Just to reconfirm, im in south Florida, message was up on the top side of screen with a simple message of "All of: North Carolina" "Some of: Virginia" then it just went away... So im guessing this was either a hack or another slip up?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am in NC and for what it's worth, we are still here, and all appears normal.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It was a test....it was only a test....we have to have tests...a lot of them....at odd times and weekly and monthly...we Have to.

Believe me. If it was the real thing....it wouldn't stop and you'd hear it outside and on tv and radio and it wouldn't quit if real.

Be glad we Do tests like that.

MS
EMT/ERT
1st Responder
Disaster Emergency Life Support

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It was a test....it was only a test....we have to have tests...a lot of them....at odd times and weekly and monthly...we Have to.

Believe me. If it was the real thing....it wouldn't stop and you'd hear it outside and on tv and radio and it wouldn't quit if real.

Be glad we Do tests like that.

MS
EMT/ERT
1st Responder
Disaster Emergency Life Support

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm in North Carolina, but I don't watch TV or listen to the radio..
They don't send alerts on my wifi, just yet haha..

Amber alerts is one thing. guy takes a kid gets on the highway, and multiple states have warnings about that.

But if it says North Carolina, and Some of Virginia..
hmmm..

Doesn't look stormy near central NC..
maybe I go look at weather.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

A test? ive heard test before, tons of times... why say states like NC on a South Florida area, why did it not say the usual test message as it ALWAYS has in the past? Not saying it was or wasent but I dont trust people now adays... no offense but with all the hacking and all the slip ups now adays, I hardly think this was a normal "Test" as u say... I think a hack or a slip up imo, ive never heard that sound, it was similar to all the test sounds ive heard but this ine was much more obvious as in louder and longer intervals... I know tshtf sooner or later, im just afraid its alot sooner than the majority want to see... thats my 2 coppers!

It would be nice if anyone in Florida or anywhere at that, that also heard this... This one was strange, I just wish I could of caught the whole thing. Again happened today 8/3 @ 11:10ish am EST.
edit on 3-8-2015 by sheeplenwolvesclothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Weekly test are required of the EAS system so a television and radio station in every city is required to perform weekly test to ensure the system works. Lately they have had issues with the system since working with a new National system and summer storms will bring more alerts and since it is national it goes by regions now. This is most likely what was heard some sort of regional weather alert

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

That wakes sense, though, because stations and cable/satellite companies are required to test the system weekly. As are radio stations.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I agree but again, why mention specific area's and not only that but state All of and some of? all the test ive ever seen or heard are only test and not only have they stated it was a test but never have they mentioned specific states and actual amount of the affected area. I think think it was a hack, it looked kinda cheesy to be honest and the sound was way different than the usual. who knows, I was hopping some one else saw it... oh wells

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Have you tried going to the Comcast website and/or the local channel website to see if anything is posted there?

J

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Nah, I dont go to much into those now adays, there are so many false alarms and hidden info that it is what it is, maybe by the end of the day our buddy mysterioustranger or some one else can provide insight? regardless I know that even when a real event happens they will say either nothing or say it to late to not panic the people, makes total sense sadly now adays with how people are acting with looting/riots. ohhh humans

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You see...they aren't false alarms....just different sounds, methods, lengths, depts-like Police, Nat. Weather Service, Disaster, Evacuation, Storms, NOAA,...all kinds, strengths,different alert tones, horns, sirens etc.

Bottom line? We have the best full-scope multi-alert coverage worldwide...and I tell you guys straight up. We train hard, a lot, for many things and under a zilliin conditions.We have to, and you'd expect us to.

You need us? We'll be there, no matter what.

By the way...Today Tuesday 8/4 is National Police Night Out US wide. See where your local city is holding it and come get some free info, even food!

We are all in this together friends!

Best...here to serve...

MS
1st Responder

top topics

join