It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cilla Black, singer and TV star, dies aged 72

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A star who transcended the decades , Cilla Black enjoyed a 50 year career staring as a singer in the swinging 60s and ending up host of two of the biggest entertainment shows of the 80s and 90s , Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.

The Liverpoon-born star enjoyed her first taste of fame at the city's Cavern Club, where she performed alongside acts including The Beatles and Gerry and the Pacemakers.
She went on to release 14 albums but later established herself as a television personality, presenting hit shows including Surprise Surprise and Blind Date.
In 1968, she became the first woman to have her own prime-time chat show on BBC One.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

RiP Cilla.

edit on 2-8-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Condolences to her family, and the families of everyone else who will die in the world today.
I'll not lie, I didn't like Surprise Surprise or Blind Date, and her voice irritated me, wouldn't wish her dead though, but she was 72 and lived a better life than most people do.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Surprise, surprise (sorry).

It's a young age for a woman to die these days. Her life story was bitter sweet towards the end. The two most important role figures in her life were her manager and her husband, both encapsulated in her husband, Billy, who died of cancer in 1999; she never got over his death.

RIP Cilla.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

When I saw your thread pop up, I kept thinking...Cilla Black, Cilla Black...where have I heard that name before? Then I remembered. Fond memories of a long ago 12 year old me listening to my transistor radio, singing along with Cilla as she sang "You're My World".

RIP Cilla

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Cilla was part of my teenage years in the 1960's. Fondly remembered. Here she is singing the theme song for Michael Caine''s best film " Alfie "

R.I.P. Cilla

new topics

top topics

join