It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Bernie Sanders and Hillary running as if the economy is a total disaster??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When you listen to Bernie and Hillary they talk as if we're in economic Armageddon. The gap between the rich and the poor is horrible, poverty is horrible and they talk about income inequality.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE.....

The guy who walks on water was supposed to fix all of these things.

Bernie and Hillary supported Obama and his policies yet if you listen to Bernie and Hillary the economic outlook of America is end of the world bad. Hillary gave a speech on the economy and one of her main things was income inequality BUT BARACK OBAMA HAS BEEN THE PRESIDENT OVER THESE LAST YEARS!

It's amazing. The Democrats never say Obama has done a great job with the economy outside from a throw away line in a speech filled with doom and gloom. If you listen to them on the trail, America is in horrible economic shape but again, Obama promised to fix all of these same things when he ran.

Here's more from Clinton on this horrible economy we live in under Obama.

In a speech in Washington on Friday, Hillary Clinton repeatedly criticized economic and social conditions under President Obama, barely mentioning the accomplishments of the man who appointed her secretary of State. Clinton's address, at the New America Foundation, was a broad indictment of the country's current leadership, with exactly one -- one -- note of praise for the Democratic president Clinton has called her partner and friend.

"For too many families in America today, that isn't the way it works. Instead of getting ahead, they're finding it harder and harder than ever to get their footing in our changing economy. The dream of upward mobility that made this country a model for the world feels further and further out of reach."

FURTHER AND FURTHER OUT OF REACH?????? I thought Obama was the fulfillment of the dream. What's Clinton talking about? How can things be this bad under King Hussein?? It continues.

Millions of Americans are "frustrated, even angry" about today's economy, Clinton said. Falling into poverty is a constant threat, and upward mobility is almost impossible. "Forget about getting rich," Clinton told the audience, "I'm talking about getting into the middle class and staying there."

While productivity is up, Clinton noted, "wages have stagnated." "Americans are working harder, contributing more than ever … and yet many are still barely getting by."

Amid the "daily struggles of millions and millions of Americans," women face particular difficulties, Clinton continued. A woman struggling to achieve "doesn't just face ceilings on her aspirations; sometimes it feels as if the floor has collapsed beneath her."

WAIT A MINUTE HILLARY!!!

You mean to tell me Barack "Walk on Water" Obama has made it so bad for women it feels as if the floor has collapsed beneath them??Say it ain't so Hillary!! There's more:

From there, still more problems. Too many children are not getting a healthy start in life. Millions of young people are both out of school and out of work. Minorities face even worse odds. The economy is still not generating enough demand to create jobs.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

HILLARY!!

Why are things this bad under King Hussein??????

Oh yeah, I forgot, IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!
edit on 2-8-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So today the debt is at 18 trillion dollars, take out ten trillion and all the interest added to the debt obama got when he came into office.

Damn king obama isint that bad.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Every politician promises the same every time an election happens.
They always say vote for me and it will be better.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Because it's always the economy, stupid.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just wish that people I grew up with were tech savvy. No air conditioning? Check... No public transpiration.. check... no cell phones.... check... no internet... check. .. No cable TV... check. No work? WAIT WHAT?

There is and has always been enough work for the American People... BUT if you pay enough for people to stay home and watch their big screen tv... and if they can afford cable... why work? It's sad... people who are on welfare act like there is no work now... when work needs abound...

Just wait until all of the imported kids... who know what work looks like... wait until they enter the market place. They were imported for the votes... and now they will soon enjoy the liberal life plan... Get on welfare... watch your big screen... celebrate "Stamp day". Or they see opportunity and seize it... either way... It will cost us more. By us I mean workers and drawers.

The more people who enter... the more people will suffer... Everyone loses in the end.... Not trying to sound pessimistic... but it's true.

The only way to get ahead today... I'm tired... You either know... or you don't.... if you don't you won't.... best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You have been lied to OP.

The real unemployment rate is over 20% and the economy is in the toilet.

They have changed the way they figure to accommodate Obama's total failure.

The chickens have come home...but, there are no roosting jobs.

edit on 2-8-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If everyone had a job but they made 5 bucks an hour and only a 20 hour a week work day, would we consider that a success since it's 100% employment?

The unemployment percentages are such a small part of the big picture, why is it treated as the holy grail of what's a successful economy?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I think the american people and the Presidents Bush and OBama did enough for the economy. The banks and corporations took the bailout and threw people from their homes and thousands of jobs losses. The middle class of the 50's thru the 80's is disbanded. It will never return. We are becoming a two class fiefdom system again.

triblive.com...

"The slowdown suggests that companies are still able to find the workers they need without boosting pay, a sign the job market is not yet back to full health. That could cause some Federal Reserve officials to push for a delay in any increase in the short-term interest rate they control.

Read more: triblive.com...
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So today the debt is at 18 trillion dollars, take out ten trillion and all the interest added to the debt obama got when he came into office.

Damn king obama isint that bad.

In 8 years the debt has more than doubled, and you think that isn't bad?.......

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Could you imagine another war heheheh, dolla dolla bills yallll.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: johnwick

Could you imagine another war heheheh, dolla dolla bills yallll.

There will be more wars, as long as there are men, there will always be war.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Because it's hard to run on a platform of "everything is fine but you should vote for me anyway."

There will always be huge problems that need fixing; otherwise, politicians cease to be necessary.

Why do you think they never fix anything? You can't pretend to be a solution if there aren't problems.

We live under a self-perpetuating power structure.
edit on 8/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Of course. Hillary and Barack have fallen out of love. Election day is in the horizon. The poor President has been jilted.

new topics

top topics

join