It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My time was the Madchester scene when was your time?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
By time I mean when you were young free experimental superfly cool and loving life.

Mine was in 90 to 94 in Manchester when I went out clubbing 6 times a week or seeing bands and trapping of with riot gurls I loved it I loved my hair I loved the music the booze, Me and my best pasl look back on those days as a blur but we know we had a darn good time.
Madchester the term given to Manchester during the days of the stone roses early raves and the Hacienda nightclub.
I saw some crazy stuff around and that time and some of it due to various naughty things I ate but hey I was young.

So when was your time? or are you going through your time now?.

Oh and pick a song to express your time.

Three from me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Never really had a 'time'

Keep mostly to myself and a few close friends and family.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

There is still time

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

1999 when I got my licence, road trips to the city to hit the night clubs drinking Illusions lol

And the song...

Or this one..

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My time was around yours when I was mad fer it.

'96 til about '04 was just a long party for me, didn't take anything too seriously - not a single s@@t given.

Of course, I'm paying for it now.

edit on 31-7-2015 by mikeone718 because: another video...just because

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
86-89...

Back during the hair bands and 80's rock...
Had the leather, shredded jeans, hiking boots, long hair,
occasional eye liner if I was feeling rather "gothy"
(that's right, I was goth before goth)
and a concert ticket to whoever was coming to the local arena that month...

I'm the one on the right

edit on 31-7-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Late 80's. Partying at the Flats in Cleveland. They took the old steel mills that closed and turned them into bars. It was amazing.

Music was another story. Heavy into Pink Floyd and Metallica.

Saw these guys at the Agora when they got in the Guinness Record book for most decibels produced.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Check this out monkey boy.... This is England '90

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to ask, were your arms bigger then or now, Boy Monkey?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Ahhhhahahahahhahahahahhaaaa!!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Cant say that i ever had a "time" but more of an evolution. Punk, NWOBHM and Dub Reggae morphed into a more moodier goth scene via siouxsie and the banshees, the mission, cult sisters of mercy etc, got diverted by the rave scene after developing a penchant for Drum n Bass (Dub reggae influence there) then drifted back to metal and rock once i got into festivals. have to say though the early 90's are a bit of a blur, rewired a few brain synapses during that period.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Alot bigger then I was a fishmonger bunging 300lb ice trays about.
16 stone of muscle in them days...I sort of let myself gop a wee bit

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Now that is a hair do
Gonna attempt to dig out some oldies.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

From about 2003, my life went mental. Bands, booze, festivals, living out the back of a pub on and off for a couple of years, time on the street, sofa surfing, and seeing the sun rise from the wrong side of a couple of hours of sleep...

When I became a locksmith though, in 2005, things calmed down a little. And I do mean just a little. I go to one festival a year, still see the odd band, and weekends are still mental, even when I am not out in the pubs. My hair gets better the greyer it becomes, and friendships grow and morph and strengthen over time. It's not that I am getting older, it's more like I am levelling up. My attitude, is that no matter when now might be, now is ALWAYS my time.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

1967. Just left school and thought i was now an adult ( how little did i know)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Had to be the 1980s for me ,so many drunken nights and good times

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm a big NewOrder fan, but live in Philadelphia. Here, the scene is Hip-Hop and EDM club DJs. I managed to tolerate my Hip-Hop friends, like The Roots, and by former best friend, the infamous Scott Storch. I kept a dual-side to my adventures, as my fun time was hanging with my nightclub DJ friends, like Josh Wink.

I mention it, because as Brit Pop is primary to my tastes and personal experience, the scene at had was different, and def something to be experienced and enjoyed. My point being, as the OP was expressing, every music genre has a scene which supports it. I always think it strange when kids or people in general allude to a style, a culture, a past music scene, that's not demographicly relevant to them.

If they complain that there is no good music, go out and make it, or learn more about the local scene....or move to a big city, like Manchester, lol.

www.youtube.com...

I'll post again later.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
24 Hour Party People

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PYyvGFHD8

Full Flick:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZV-op-v1Qk
edit on 31-7-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My time is all time, i remember just catcing the end of the madchester era, that was when i'd just left school and started working then came the rave scene clubbin every weekend from thursday to sunday and once ore sometimes twice each month there'd be a coach full of us going to whichever all night rave was on, dancing untill we were dripping with sweat and with our eyes looking like saucers we had a mad time. But i have to say the scene iv'e been in since then has been for me the most enjoyable, at th e end of the nineties i started to go to a few music fests and live concerts and iv'e been doing that up until now i've seen some great bands play live over the years and i just cant get enough of the atmosphere thats generated at a festival/concert ive done most of the big festivals some more than once but my favourite festival has to be leeds+reading allways a good line up and a great buzz, the two bands that stick out most in my memory from leeds fest arethe offspring and green day who were just phenominaly good to watch playing live. The last band i saw live were the foo fighters at manchester in may this year they were probably the best band i've seen, what a great night that was. Im now looking forward to leeds fest and also seeing james play live at bingley festival. I'll name three songs for my post but as im a newbie i dont know how to put them on here yet so if anyone can help with that it would be apprieciated...the songs are..these days by the foo fighters....letterbombe by green day....the kids are'nt allright by the offspring

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well...

I can't remember most of the 80's, so I'm assuming it must have been a pretty damn good time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join