It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook’s Twisted Obsession With Annihilating Your Privacy Slammed As Illegal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have my facebook profile (and never use it) under my real name, registered to email address created specially for this reason. All data are similar to my real life but slightly shifted. It is good to leave lot of fake traces. Pros will get me, but it will require some more work. Most of scumbags will drop on the way to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I love the "I have nothing to hide" crowd.

Ok then, we want to know where you work, how much you make, how many times you bought or sold something and didn't file income taxes for it, how many times you were speeding or ran stop signs, how many time you used illegal drugs, and anything that pertains to the government missing out on it's much needed revenue.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Nothing to hide, huh?

Our Liberty is more important than anything the schmucks on Capitol Hill will tell you. It is more important than life itself. It is more important to be free and have privacy than it is to post on Fakebook about your silly little life.

I don't care who justifies its use. You don't need Fakebook or any other socially derived database.

The government thanks you for your complete compliance whenever you use those sites. You just made their job that much easier.

Go for it! Did you miss the part "have nothing to hide"? Some people aren't wearing their tinfoil hat super tight like others. Going on to say your gonna know how much someone makes, what drugs I've used, etc. is crap. You only know what the user allows to be seen on their Facebook.

Another thing is the government doesn't care what you put on Facebook, unless it pertains to things like terrorism, drug trafficking, etc. The corporations are the ones wanting all your data so they can advertise.

The only thing I can think of that may adversely affect someone is losing a job over what you post on Facebook. I've seen this happen with teachers and military so far and it's still been a rare case. I've worked in the intelligence community. If they want to know something about you, they have other means to find out.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

When corporations pay their way into gov't pockets...you had better be 100% certain they don't care what you post. TRUST ME...all gov't offices that have access to your fakebook data...will use it.

Remember this...you aren't lobbying Congress for special laws.
They are.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I love the "I have nothing to hide" crowd.

Ok then, we want to know where you work, how much you make, how many times you bought or sold something and didn't file income taxes for it, how many times you were speeding or ran stop signs, how many time you used illegal drugs, and anything that pertains to the government missing out on it's much needed revenue.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Nothing to hide, huh?

Our Liberty is more important than anything the schmucks on Capitol Hill will tell you. It is more important than life itself. It is more important to be free and have privacy than it is to post on Fakebook about your silly little life.

I don't care who justifies its use. You don't need Fakebook or any other socially derived database.

The government thanks you for your complete compliance whenever you use those sites. You just made their job that much easier.

simply put if the GOV wants data on you it's going to get data on you ,That's just the way it is ...

everyone is profiled period . no hiding these days ..

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Simply put, sure. But it doesn't have to be so easy. It's not about hiding. It is about retaining privacy.

We are willingly handing over our personal information to databases at an alarming rate. I am not even talking about fakebook (that is another devastating issue). Every time you are at a desk, making a purchase or simply renewing your drivers license and asked for a phone number, email address or cell phone number it goes to a database. That information is easily and most certainly bought and sold to the very people whom we all know run the advertisements on TV and spam mail your mailboxes at home.

Why give these people exactly what they want? So they can bank billions of dollars in revenue and hide it offshore?

No thank you. I'll keep to myself.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

its all in vane ....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If one is dumb enough to use their real name as their Facebook user handle, they deserve to get hacked / scammed / their details strewn all over the web. Much less those plebe dopes who post images of their every waking action, so as to apprise criminals of their whereabouts, when they're homes are attended / vacant, who their friends are, their family et al..

Of course, most all of our data has already been hacked and disseminated, long, long ago. So, this entire FB argy-bargy is laughably naïve and utterly moot, and demonstrates little more than how out-of-touch governments are about technology.

As some cyber expert once said... back over a decade ago, IIRC: If you want your information safe in the Digital Age, take your hard disk drive out of your computer, pulverise it with a hammer and bury the lot under the ground in a location no one will ever dare venture to... Like, under an active volcano, methinks!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Facebook is out to get ya!!!

On a more serious note, it's the perfect place to gather information on people, they are willing to share everything...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Step 1) Delete your Facebook profile.

Step 2) Resist the urge to re-activate it.

Step 3) Watch how stupid it is from the outside.

Step 4) Enjoy your new found privacy and become a social media specter.

I took steps 3 and 4 and you are spot on.

I signed up to get in contact with long lost friends, however those people are too busy asking the world if the cheese in their fridge is safe to eat. Not to mention that these Facebook addicts bolster themselves into something that they are not, there are so many posers.

I might not have friends on ATS but at least I can engage in thought provoking conversations, instead of listening to my few friends on facebook that believe that I should care that they have a cold.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: bananashooter
Step 1) Delete your Facebook profile.

Step 2) Resist the urge to re-activate it.

Step 3) Watch how stupid it is from the outside.

Step 4) Enjoy your new found privacy and become a social media specter.

Step 1) if you have nothing to hide ...

Step 2) then who cares ?

Step 3) ________________ insert rebuttal....go

Because a time can come where legal things can suddenly become illegal. Such as thoughts and beliefs. Not that your thoughts and beliefs are wrong, but they can become illegal and punishable by prison or death.

Even today there are countries where the internet is monitored by authorities and people with different beliefs or thoughts that they are allowed to express are imprisoned, and even killed.

Will the same happen in the country you live, if it hasn't already? Is it possible that it will happen?

If so, then all of the people who scoff at the idea that they need to protect their privacy because they are doing nothing wrong, will learn too late the folly of their ignorant thinking.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There are people on Facebook using assumed names.
a reply to: newsaddict

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
If one is dumb enough to use their real name as their Facebook user handle, they deserve to get hacked / scammed / their details strewn all over the web.
Maybe part of Germany's rationale in allowing the use of assumed names is to prevent this. So a German made a facebook NOT using their real name, but instead used a pseudonym. Then somehow facebook found out their real name and changed their facebook account to their real name. Germany says this facebook action is illegal, good for Germany.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

German also outlaws circumcision, nearly single-handedly took over the entire globe and has one of the strongest economies around, despite being resource poor, with high labour costs and surrounded by basket case economies.

I think there's something we could all learn from the Germans...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join