It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left vs. Right - The Prerequisite for Presidency in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I posted this as a reply to another topic but my irritation to the situation has lead me to create a rant for those who would like to give their opinions on this specific issue.

I am tired of the Left wing Right wing banter. We haven't had a president that has done anything but pander to the wealthy bankers and corporations since FDR. I might include JFK but he wasn't given a chance to accomplish much.

Obama's financial advisors are leading us down the exact same path of financial bubble and crash that we have been on for decades. Housing prices are on the rise again, the bankers are still issuing bad loans, and the market will crash again.

Some of you are so busy defending one side of argument that you can't see you are looking at
two sides of the same coin.

Bush Sr is/was a pathological liar
Bush Jr is/was a pathological liar
Clinton is/was a pathological liar
Obama is a pathological liar

And most of the people they surround themselves with are pathological liars.

Lying does not seem to be a right or left issue, it seems to be a prerequisite for presidency in this country.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The stuff I have seen here on ATS is similar to what we see out in the real world. People are defined by their political party and we pit ourselves against the opposing party. The truth is, both parties are almost identical. Neither side represents the interest of the American Citizen. They all fight for their own power and survival. It is sad and I hate seeing good people trying to belittle others because of their political party. There is more to life than R vs D.
edit on 4pmThu, 30 Jul 2015 12:41:23 -0500p411269 by warpig69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Duh.....that's why I don't vote anymore.
Rather than being upset about a process over which you have no control, you're time and efforts would be far better served figuring out how to profit from the mess and how to preserve those profits from the inevitable collapse.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73
Well then please look to Bernie "Freakin" Sanders.

edit on 30-7-2015 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I would love Bernie as president, and if he wins I hope he can bring about the changes he talks about.

At first I didn't think he could pull the millennial vote and the minority vote like Obama did, but he is slowly changing my mind.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I would love Bernie as president, and if he wins I hope he can bring about the changes he talks about.

At first I didn't think he could pull the millennial vote and the minority vote like Obama did, but he is slowly changing my mind.

Yea, but Hilary will get 110% of the female vote.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Whether they are living or not

edit on 4pmThu, 30 Jul 2015 13:46:17 -0500p46169 by warpig69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good OP. I don't know about "pathological", but they all do/did lie during their presidency. And we could go back further and find more that did as well.

I doubt we'll ever get a completely honest president. After all, we all lie at times.

I think there are two motivations for lying to the country.

1. Being the president, there is information they are privy to, that may require them to keep some things from the public for the welfare of the state. They may even decide that outright lying to us, in certain situations is the best thing to do when given all the options. They do that for the country's benefit.

2. The problem comes when they simply lie to protect their own careers or protect themselves or their party from embarrassment, political backlash, or to generate financial gain for themselves or their friends. They do that for themselves.

Unfortunately, I would guess that 99% of the lies we see from government fall under the second motivation.

Not this female. You're wrong about that. Women LOVE Bernie!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You live in a democracy. Use it.
As long as you vote for one of them (or not at all), you are a part of the "problem".
Your country, do what you please.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Bernie is tackling the difficult issues that all Americans are facing here at home. It's about time we have a candidate who is focusing on those issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would prefer my president refuse to comment then to lie.

I can see absolutely no reason why a leader who represents the people should ever lie to the people who elected him

I am sorry, I simply do not believe any lies are justified. Even the one's I have told that I wish I could take back.

I taught my child about St. Nicholas, but refused to teach her Santa Claus. In my opinion lying is always wrong.

I am no saint, but I will tell someone none of your business before I lie to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Are there really that many sex change operations scheduled?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Good OP. I don't know about "pathological", but they all do/did lie during their presidency. And we could go back further and find more that did as well.

I doubt we'll ever get a completely honest president. After all, we all lie at times.

I think there are two motivations for lying to the country.

1. Being the president, there is information they are privy to, that may require them to keep some things from the public for the welfare of the state. They may even decide that outright lying to us, in certain situations is the best thing to do when given all the options. They do that for the country's benefit.

2. The problem comes when they simply lie to protect their own careers or protect themselves or their party from embarrassment, political backlash, or to generate financial gain for themselves or their friends. They do that for themselves.

Unfortunately, I would guess that 99% of the lies we see from government fall under the second motivation.

Not this female. You're wrong about that. Women LOVE Bernie!

Ha, ha,.....yea....but you're forgetting Hillary & Co. own, operate and control the big City Democrat Party Machines. Not a single female could show up to vote and the Party Machines would still produce election returns showing that Hillary got 110% of the female vote. Silly Americans, ya'll are really kinda cute....you never learned Stalin's rule, "Those who vote decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything".

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I can see absolutely no reason why a leader who represents the people should ever lie to the people who elected him

Fair enough. That's why I talked about information they have that we may not (like the killing of Bin Laden, or some sensitive peace talks, etc). I don't know of a situation where I would prefer to be lied to either, but if I had the information they do, I may think differently. That's why we try to vote for someone we TRUST, so they would make that hard decision with US in mind instead of their career.

I taught my child about St. Nicholas, but refused to teach her Santa Claus. In my opinion lying is always wrong.

Good on you! I wish more parents would do the same.

I am no saint, but I will tell someone none of your business before I lie to them.

And if a president answered a policy question by saying, "It's none of your business" at a press conference? That wouldn't go over well. I DO wish Bill Clinton had answered the whole Monica Lewinski thing with your response. Because his personal sex life is actually none of our business and has nothing to do with us or the country.

top topics

join