It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I doubt parents taught morality, government sure didn't, LEARN MORALITY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
yes some of you are awesome but reading ATS most you aren't IMO

And mods, this has Nothing to do with religion

--------------
It is immoral to steal,

you are permitted to steal food if you are about to pass out due to hunger after 3-4 days, even then it is wrong to steal expensive bloc of cheese, you can only steal something like bag of bread, you need something filling anyway

It is wrong to steal through scams even if they are legal scam like banking or government scams
-----------------

It is immoral to kill

You are permitted to kill ONLY in self defence, IT HAS TO BE YOUR OWN LIFE IN JEOPARDY

You can't give excuse like "I was a drone operator above Yemen" that doesn't fly, that's murder.

If you are sick and you want to kill people, you can still preserve your morality by going to Iraq and Syria and putting yourself into situation were ISIS wants to kill you, at that point you can get your jollies by killing humans in self defence

-------------

It is immoral to lie

You are permitted to tell small insignificant lies, for example

Honey you are not fat you are only big boned, or you can lie to give courage to someone when in reality they may or may not be weak

It is immoral to lie when it comes to anything significant involving one person or more than one.

---------------

It is immoral to cheat or covet a married person

I don't care that you have feelings for someone, if they are married you can not lust for them or want them

FUIND YOURSELF A NICE SINGLE MAN OR WOMAN

Don't give me excuses, I know plenty single people

If you are stuck in a bad marriage, do it right, first divorce and then sleep around
------------------

IT IS IMMORAL TO SUPPORT SOMETHING THAT HURTS OTHER PEOPLE

Supporting wars especially false flag wars

Supporting GMOs

Supporting people who have most terrible track record (government) and are likely to do bad things

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Why should I learn morality, what's in it for me

Isn't that the real question, what's in it for you.

Have you ever seen a bad person get to age about 50 and be happy.

Why aren't they happy, they only looked out for themselves, now at 50 they should be pretty happy.

Well they are miserable because of boomerang effect, the immorality comes back to them in small increments that build up.

Morality leads to dying with a clear conscience when the time comes

Maybe you don't think this is a big deal, but trust me, the dying do think its a big deal

And I assure you, at some point you will be dying.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: justQ

You are permitted to kill ONLY in self defence, IT HAS TO BE YOUR OWN LIFE IN JEOPARDY

You can't give excuse like "I was a drone operator above Yemen" that doesn't fly, that's murder.

"I swear to god your honor, he was going to hit me so I hit him back, first."

Guilty…

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Guilty…

P R E C I S E L Y

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This is a terribly misconstrued thread OP.

Morality these days is subjective. We no longer have a controlling religion and the state has certain civil laws to give us a basis frame work of protection. Do you want more than that? Do you want us to be controlled by morality, may be your morality here is the golden code we have all been waiting for and we should all live by it because you say it is right for us all?

Well here is some news. Your morality does not fit me. I have my own. You are very arrogant to suggest our parents didn't teach us morals. Mine sure did. Even more arrogant for you to say most people here at ATS are immoral. I see no evidence of that. Who here is condoning murder and stealing and the like?

Morality is subjective. Obviously because we are a society crammed in with each other we have to have a legal frame work, but the rest is subjective.

I don't want your values and aesthetics controlling me in ANY way, ever. I make my own decisions. Why do you feel you have the moral superiority and authority to decide what is right and wrong for OTHERS? What are your qualifications?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Morality these days is subjective.

That is precisely what immoral people want everyone to believe.

So that they can do anything they want

So that the government can do anything they want.

basic morality is universal

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Guilty…

Hint: Give a suicide bomber a nuclear missile and he will use it. Let extremists take power in Pakistan (fully nuclear armed) they will use a nuclear bomb. If you have not noticed IS are on the rampage in many Arab states. Would you recommend taking no military action? The alternative is that they will kill and control all the moderate Muslims.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: justQ

Morality these days is subjective.

That is precisely what immoral people want everyone to believe.

So that they can do anything they want

So that the government can do anything they want.

basic morality is universal

Whattt! You are calling me immoral? How dare you. I don't think you are going to last too long here, mate, with the crappy attitudes you have. You are a control freak. You have no right to come here as a new member and start immediately attacking us all, calling us immoral. What a joke!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

How convenient that you don't know ISIS was created and enabled by USA and NATO

When USA and NATO wanted to help "Syrian rebels take down Assad"

How come within 6 months of that Syrian rebels disappeard almost completely and strong and powerful ISIS was born

Don't bother trying to explain, not interested in your explanations
edit on 29-7-2015 by justQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: justQ

How convenient that you don't know ISIS was created and enabled by USA and NATO

That is what you believe. Where is your evidence for that? Start a thread about it so we can discuss it. However, here we are dealing with the fact you have started a thread calling most ATS members immoral, myself included. You are telling us our parents are not capable of raising us properly. You give us an arbitrary moral code designed by you and say we should all live by that. That is precisely what IS are doing. In this day and age it is extremism. It is outside of moderation.

I agree with you it is wrong to steal. Guess who taught me that?; Moses, Jesus and my mother. You draw the line for you and inform us that stealing cheese is much worse than stealing bread after 3 days of hunger, that it is ok to lie about the size of a butt and that it is ok to sleep around, but only with single women and when you are divorced. You are already in opposition to what Christ said about the divorce thing and what Hebrew Torah law says about it.

It is the line you have drawn. Yet what gives you any right to impose that on others? You have no authority with me do you. You are not better than me, more able to make moral judgements, ordained by God or what ever else.

No matter what I feel to be wrong and right I don't force others to be that way. There is no way I would start a thread like this.

You stick to that "cheesy" morality. If it works for you I am glad it does. It does not work for me.

What upset me most was the fact that you came here as a new member and said that ATS is mostly immoral. Then you tell me I am immoral. You know nothing about the way I live or any of the other members here. Reserve your judgement.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Isn't immoral to sit in judgement on others? I feel like that's covered a couple of times in various morality teachings.

Also, given your "don't bother to explain, not interested" comment I really have to ask: why are you even here? Is it just to let everybody on ATS know what you think of them? You made that abundantly clear in your very first introductory comment. Nothing you've posted since has deviated. So, that begs the question as to why you're even here to begin with. ATS heavily favors debate, conversation, and discourse over "sit there and read my opinion and don't bother responding" so I'm not sure how well you'll like it here.

Ah well.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You don't know me or as far as I know, any other member here. That makes your opinion of us just that, nothing but an opinion. Come down off your high horse and stop judging folks you don't even know. My sense of morality is my own and it's not up to you or anyone else to tell me it's right or wrong.
And besides that, it's none of your damn business.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Don't want to be lied to? Don't lie to others.
Don't want to be hurt? Then don't hurt others.
Etc

It's easy - just be nice

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So they didn't teach manners in morality school?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Don't want to be lied to? Don't lie to others.
Don't want to be hurt? Then don't hurt others.
Etc

It's easy - just be nice

Most of the time it is easy, it is when it is hard that it is impressive.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Morality these days is subjective. We no longer have a controlling religion and the state has certain civil laws to give us a basis frame work of protection. Do you want more than that? Do you want us to be controlled by morality, may be your morality here is the golden code we have all been waiting for and we should all live by it because you say it is right for us all?

Well here is some news. Your morality does not fit me. I have my own. You are very arrogant to suggest our parents didn't teach us morals. Mine sure did. Even more arrogant for you to say most people here at ATS are immoral. I see no evidence of that. Who here is condoning murder and stealing and the like?

Morality is subjective. Obviously because we are a society crammed in with each other we have to have a legal frame work, but the rest is subjective.

I don't want your values and aesthetics controlling me in ANY way, ever. I make my own decisions. Why do you feel you have the moral superiority and authority to decide what is right and wrong for OTHERS? What are your qualifications?

Truer words were never published. Said it better than I could. In a society like the US where all truths and rights/wrongs are subjective and relative rather than based upon a firmly established moral code, the only rule is "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". There's no moral obligation dictating one American tell another the "truth"; truth anyway is "relative". The standard is "I'm entitled to what I want"; if my version of the truth gets me what I want, then thats the truth for me and no one has the right to impair my right to what I want. There are no "liars", just people who aren't very good at getting what they want!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yep. If people from other countries would stop trying to kill us we could behave a little better.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If you have not noticed IS are on the rampage in many Arab states. Would you recommend taking no military action?

Military action makes extremists of those who witness it kill their loved ones, destroy and occupy their country.

You want to make that okay, but the reaction not?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Yep. If people from other countries would stop trying to kill us we could behave a little better.

Jaded view. They say the same thing about you.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I do my best to be an honourable person, that being said the only one who I care that judges me is God.

When my time is up and I face the music I know there's no one to blame but myself if I did or did not do certain things.

By the way your thread comes off as arrogant and judgemental.

top topics

join