It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Goodell upholds Tom Brady suspension !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
About time, the cheating pats & brady are held accountable !
www.nfl.com...
edit on 28-7-2015 by DEANORULES24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's about time Goodell bellied up to the bar. His track record for handing out discipline has been a disaster.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The suspension is bunk, in my honest 2 cents..

What I notice in my travels is that people hate Brady/want him to fall just because he is Brady.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

Pft, so now we have deflating balls in a game where it didn't matter on par with domestic violence..

I wanted to see it dropped down to one or two games.

Four seems to much.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Part of the suspension had nothing to do with the balls.
It was Bradys refusal to cooperate with the league.
The union will take it from here. I say 1 game in the end.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Part of the suspension had nothing to do with the balls.
It was Bradys refusal to cooperate with the league.
The union will take it from here. I say 1 game in the end.

Favre did same thing with his cellphone and only got a 50k fine. Not sure Goodell knows what to do anymore. I think he has a suspension board he throws darts at.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The patriots have been on the suspect end of more than a couple of cheating/ borderline cheating scandles.
I think that gen population always gave Brady a pass. Hoping and thinking he never had anything to do with, or any knowledge of it all. His hands got dirty. He may be paying for past sins here as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

In a statement, Don Yee said, in part: Roger Goodell's decision "has no precedent in all of NFL history. His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season. The decision is wrong and has no basis, and it diminishes the integrity of the game."

Not a fan and really do not care, but I thought this quote from his agent was hysterical!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

In a statement, Don Yee said, in part: Roger Goodell's decision "has no precedent in all of NFL history. His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season. The decision is wrong and has no basis, and it diminishes the integrity of the game."

Not a fan and really do not care, but I thought this quote from his agent was hysterical!

It does alter the balance of the season. You have removed a key player from the team for four games. I think at one point I went through the Pat's starting four games and mentioned they were likely to start around 1 and 3 without Brady, maybe 2 and 2.

They couldn't exactly send Brady down the minors to serve out his suspension like they could in baseball, and with the salary caps in the NFL, it's difficult to maintain the kind of depth that will allow you to competently back every position like you have in the NBA.

If the NFL wanted to bar the Pats from the play-offs, then they should have just done so.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah and the irony is they have deflated balls to gain an advantage, thereby compromising the integrity of the game.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah and the irony is they have deflated balls to gain an advantage, thereby compromising the integrity of the game.

Except that there was no way the deflated balls were making any difference in that game. The Colts lost that game for reasons other than deflated balls. If the game were a heartbreaker and lost because Brady nailed a last-second throw to one of his receivers ... maybe I can see that argument a whole lot more. And all the QBs play with balls inflated to their liking to a greater or lesser degree.

But in this case, if they want to punish Brady and say Brady is at fault, then punish Brady. If they want to punish the Patriots as an org and say they are at fault, then punish the org. This punishment is ostensibly to punish Brady and ends up punishing the team.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is an NFL which fined -- FINED! -- Ray Lewis in 2000 for being found guilty of obstructing justice in a double-murder investigation.

Just wow

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

after the law suit...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The NFL doesn't have the power to properly punish its cheaters and criminals because of the players union and an endless appeals process. They try to give players a slap on the wrist and hope they accept it instead of sue them.
edit on 2015/7/28 by Metallicus because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

And it was in the second half, when no deflated balls were used, that the pats really put the game away.

It didn't help them.

They may have still cheated, but in reality it was a non factor.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

And it was in the second half, when no deflated balls were used, that the pats really put the game away.

It didn't help them.

They may have still cheated, but in reality it was a non factor.

Right? It's like watergate. Nixon didn't need to do what he did, he most surely would would have won anyway..
WHY would you risk it. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another thing I wondered since they were busted how many other games did he play with the balls deflated cause it also helps the wide receivers out too not just Brady especially during those cold weather games

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

The pats wouldn't be America's team if it wasn't for the tuck game Tom Brady been lying ever since Charles Woodson sacked and caused him to fumble that cold winter day

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
2 games seems much more appropriate. In all honestly I could even argue that he shouldn't have been suspended at all. I could care less (well maybe if it was against my Vikes in a Super Bowl). This will not and should not tarnish his great legacy. I can't believe people are really getting butt hurt about a deflated football.

Guarantee if this was Manning there would be no such backlash.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
The suspension is bunk, in my honest 2 cents..

What I notice in my travels is that people hate Brady/want him to fall just because he is Brady.

100% true.

Judge rules in favor of Tom Brady in Deflategate; NFL appeals decision
espn.go.com...

Brady was innocent and only Patriots haters did not see it. Anyone who was against Brady in this needs to take a serious look at themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join