It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

android market popups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
market://details?id=com.zynga.wizardofoz&referrer=mat_click_id%3Dacf2f000bf06d8e39b15577e9c649610-20150726-881

that is what my page redirects to, it just happened wwhen i was checking my post.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

Thanks for confirming the troubleshoots.

K. I've been researching.

The market:// protocol is used to open a direct link to an App on Playstore - but it is not automatic. Your link includes a standard mat_id (MobileAppTracking) ... basically, registering the "click" count on the advert to the publisher and other info like date and time (I understand you did not physically "click" anything).

The auto-redirect problem is suspected to originate with the Ad networks, but it is often challenging to track the culprit.

Different countries are served different adverts, so it may be impossible for me to recreate your experience on my end.

It is also difficult for Apple or Google to effectively address this loophole. Differentiating between legitimate and unrequested redirects is practically impossible, they say. It's not a virus. There is no point doing a factory reset.

Fixes are far from ideal.

The primary solution breaks ATS T&C ... Install an Adblocker (you may need to root your phone) then clear your browser cache. Note that Ad Blockers will only block what is on their lists, so adverts coming from elsewhere still get through.
Advertising on website opens Google Play Store. How can I prevent that?

Another suggestion is to turn off _javascript and utilise exceptions. Not terribly practical.

While the problem seems to occur regardless of which browser you use, some people using Chrome are having success with this method. Others are using a PC to delete the Chrome folder from their Android.

Last option is to remove Playstore as default, or install another App that uses the market protocol so that, when the market protocol is triggered, you are given an option of what app you would like to proceed with - which you can then cancel. Again, not a great solution.

Sorry I couldnt find more to help.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen

Wow-I know this is quite a delay (I've been away for a few days), but Thank You very much for the info.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

Well there you go, I've been away quite a few days myself and almost forgot about this thread.

You're most welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join