It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What specific profession studies or is assigned to find ways to make humans biologically immortal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey guys I been thinking of pursuing a career as a biologist as I would think that is the field of science that would research such things as biological immortality.

I just don't know what is the name of those specific biologists that would study that time of thing.

What is the name of those specific biologists?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Life extension is the study of SENS.

There is no one specific area of study to achieve this as the research covers all aspects of chemistry, biology as well as nano-technology. You may want to look at the link below and view some of the directors in this foundation to get a better idea:

SENS Research Foundation

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Their called "Mad Scientist", lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just watched a docu on Netflix called immortals, they were studying some part of the cell that shortens as you age and they r trying to make it longer, telomers is what they r called I believe

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Several. Genetics, Chemistry, explorers(fountain of youth, that Jesus cup etc), biology quantum physics, pink noise, etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10
That is the substance/science that I have been following quite a bit for a while now. Telomerase replenishment has great implications for potentially reversing the disease of aging. I did not see the documentary so I will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
LOL @ "mad scientist"

Thanx for the input fellas.

I have read about molecular biologists as being some of the dudes that study this type of thing.

The thing that worries me and I would hate to invest on trying to become x biologist only to not be able to research want I want to research.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Life extension is the study of SENS.

There is no one specific area of study to achieve this as the research covers all aspects of chemistry, biology as well as nano-technology. You may want to look at the link below and view some of the directors in this foundation to get a better idea:

SENS Research Foundation

Thanx for the link =]

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, gene manipulation/determination/experimentation/allele antigens. You don't want to be a 'known' biologist though. You'll eventually find some truth that disagrees with the program then the world shrinks ironically.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I thought the longer a genome is around the more mutations it has , the more corrupt it is?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I read about this guy and how he studies the immortal jellyfish though I couldnt actually find his title.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Take Zombie 101

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think those "professionals" are from the College of Planetary Suicide.

You think we're overpopulated now? Just wait until people stop dying. And no, you cannot use a non-existent and completely implausible interplanetary colonization program as an out.

Oh wait. It will only be the elites who have access to such technology. In their immortality, they will convince humanity of their divinity and...

...hey, I think I've heard this one before.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You already are immortal, you may not be aware of of it now.
It doesn't have anything specific to do with an immortal physical body, however.
a reply to: aiolosmartine

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yep, telomerase, but it also necessary to cap and rebuild chromosomes to prevent errors in cellular replication. While anyone is at it, repairing any existing mutations in the DNA structure would be a plan as well. Of course in able to do these things, you need a virus about 75% of the size of the HIV virus, so it can get beyond the blood brain barrier. It would also have to contain the basic payload delivery system and of course the corrected genetic material (as the payload). Just some thoughts....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
You already are immortal, you may not be aware of of it now.
It doesn't have anything specific to do with an immortal physical body, however.

Try telling that to your body.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I think those "professionals" are from the College of Planetary Suicide.

You think we're overpopulated now? Just wait until people stop dying. And no, you cannot use a non-existent and completely implausible interplanetary colonization program as an out.

Oh wait. It will only be the elites who have access to such technology. In their immortality, they will convince humanity of their divinity and...

...hey, I think I've heard this one before.

It's a Big club, and you aint in it!

- George Carlin

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Any study would likely be unofficial but you are talking advanced cellular biology research and genetic research.
Essentially each time the cell divide's - mitosis - it keep's about half the crap that has built up in the original/parent cell such as oxidized proteins which the cell get's less efficient at removing and also the cell seems to have an inbuilt genetic clock, it slows down the rate of mitosis as each generation of new cells is born until it is so slow it can no longer keep ahead of either the accumulative damage and errors in the cellular DNA or the build up of oxidised proteins and other waste product's, this is why we start to age but even if we could live longer there are other hurdles such as Cancer's and other diseases that would make those lives living hell but to extend a body's physical life to an optimal thousand years should not be beyond the reach of advanced biology and genetics.

There are other problem's too, Population growth as the human race is keyed to our current life span and reproduction would therefore need to be slowed, say a two hundred year old would be the equivalent of a 20 year old under these criteria but how to slow maturation to adulthood for that time?.

Basically you would have to create an entirely new organism and work to that template but the view of aging as a disease is accurate.

To answer though you would probably have to be a Geneticist and also a Molecular Chemist with another degree in Molecular physic's but the key you would be searching for would be to cleanse the cell of it's oxidisation and also to alter the biological clock so that the cell's did not slow there rate of mitosis so rapidly but to make.

A longer life span would also probably require longer period's of physical growth therefore the new version of humanity would possible become much larger in order to compensate, hmm were not the ancient's supposedly very long lived along with tale's of giant's.

edit on 24-7-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A lower self, an eternal self.
The fate of the body is immaterial.
The lower self is often not comfortable with the idea though.
Not that you should take your current incarnation lightly.
It's where you get to work this equation out.
a reply to: notmyrealname

edit on 24-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

DARPA, check out what they achieved with Bio-Design and the stuff them mention is the unclassified stuff and this is now a few years old, almost 95% complete then, what now......

www.wired.com...

motherboard.vice.com...

www.popsci.com...

I searched all over youtube and unfortunately could not find a video on DARPA's Bio-Design project but in that search I did come across something that might be interesting, seems a college has started a multi-disciplinary course called "BioDesign" lol, but focus is on MBA,MD'S, and engineers. Here's the youtube video:

Hope this helps a little.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join