It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music mind control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does anybody research little about this subject?
How sound affect us, how our brain deal with it?

I would like to share my "conclusions" which i get so far about this subject...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Yodaa

There's no evidence of music mind control. Even the cases brought against the artist that were being sued for having "subliminal messages" in their music was absolute rubbish.

Only gullible minds can be controlled and manipulated.
edit on 7/24/2015 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

"Studying and concluding" based on "research" on music...isn't the same as like myself living everyday of the 50s-10yrs...and then starting to listen to 60s-10yrs....then 70s, 80s, then 90s, then the millennium....all those 10yrs Each....every day, every radio....music changed, and we would start listening...and changing....our clothes, interests, lifestyles....they changed and grew broader in our brains....they we're affecting us all daily.

So, to theorize or spend even 10, 20 even40 yes....even getting a degree in music and it's effects on our brains....isn't the same as living and changing through each style....our likes, our issues(rap), how the music changed us and our brains and homes....so I've got OVER 50yrs of living through each era and each changed my brain.

So, conclusions are fine from print....but as to it's effects on brain waves and attitudes....you have to have lived through then passed on to each new period

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, I believe a 60's TV show called "Man From U.N.C.L.E." had an episode presenting that very premise of a rock group writing songs to send information to the "other side". This was to get unknown average everyday people to commit murders, assassinations, mayhem, etc. Pretty interesting, I must say.
edit on 24-7-2015 by NightFlight because: had to change the baby

edit on 24-7-2015 by NightFlight because: sanity

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: the_philth

There's no evidence of music mind control. Even the cases brought against the artist that were being sued for having "subliminal messages" in their music was absolute rubbish.

Only gullible minds can be controlled and manipulated.

You goofy..

I just turned on some public enemy.. (new album)..
I am smiling and grooving now. Have more energy. Brain thinking a little faster..

That is Mind control. I wear red it's my favorite or black.. Makes me feel stronger. It is mind control.

Trick is picking music you want to vibe to.

You can pick your brain waves, but other things affect them to. People watching TV go into a close to hypnosis state of alpha brain waves.

4 Unusual Ways Music Can Tune Up the Brain

brain.oxfordjournals.org...

One of the most dramatic effects of music's power is the induction of trance states, which have been described by ethnomusicologists in nearly every culture. Trance—ecstatic singing and dancing, wild movements and cries, perhaps, rhythmic rocking, or catatonia-like rigidity or immobility—involves both motor and gross emotional, psychic and autonomic effects, culminating in profoundly altered states of consciousness;

and whilst it can be achieved by a single individual, it often seems to be facilitated in a communal group. I have not encountered music-induced trance in the course of clinical practice, but it has been documented by countless films, and experienced by many thousands of people, whether in concerts, drum circles or meditation—and it has been used by various religions for millennia. Gilbert Rouet, in his monumental book, Music and Trance, discusses these phenomena at length.

www.emedexpert.com...

This last link has all kinds of sources on the inside and a LOAD of information.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: the_philth

I assure you all the musicians, engineers, sound techs, editors, songwriters, recording artists of yesterday (myself), yesterday and tomorrow...we all had NO INTENTION of controlling anyone's mind.

That is an insult to every songwriter and musician who studied and recorded for years and years to evoke how they FELT to listeners-you-when they wrote a love song, or rock dance song, or party tune...

To find you may think there is another motive other than me writing music for my beautiful wife...so I can control your or anyone elses mind...is sad.

But...in your defense...there are studies on the effects of different music on brain waves. And the US army has used loud rock and roll to frustrate the enemies under certain circumstances....

Maybe that's what you meant...but telling me my 300+songs and records Ive played on for other groups and artists were all to control one's mind...is beyond ridiculous.

Respectfully...you could explain yourself better perhaps...

edit on 24-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sorry for the wall of text I just think that this is a VERY important topic and have allot to tell.

Mind control is a broad term so lets define it first.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

The first definition
"1. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs."

"Forcible indoctrination", most of the time you have a choice, you dont have to listen to the music and you dont have to believe the values that are presented in the music. if you listen to music you wont automatically take on the values in it.

The second definition
"2. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation."
"concentrated means of persuasion" we see this in music allot. Repeating catchy lyrics that get stuck in your head. Its like advertizing. You see or here a add over and over, the subconscious make associations with the product and the add.
"I'm lovin it" "diamonds are forever" "just do it" "have it your way" ect...

Lets say your at home watching tv and you see a commercial for a new cleaning product. The commercial has a woman cleaning windows, the window is dirty, but when she wipes it, the sun shines threw and she can see her kids playing on a big suburban green lawn. The commercial is selling, clarity and security not the product it self. Noticed its a woman cleaning not a man because they are targeting a population that buy's their product. The next time you go to the store you need to buy window cleaner. You go to the cleaning aisle and see 7 different window cleaners. You dont want to read all the labels, you want to grab and go so you can get home to your kids. More then likely you will pick the cleaner that sold you on clarity and security because you have made a association with it. While the others have little or no association with the subconscious.

We have all experienced this some time in our life's. I remember when I was a kid I wanted Oreo brand oreo's. The store brand oreo's looked blan to me because I had not see a commercial with creamy white cream filling flowing over the screen and faces of enjoyment when they bit down on the cookie. When I finally got Oreo's I liked the store brand better but it took me a couple years to realize this.

It works the same way with music.
Its ridicules to think that powerful organizations would utilize the power of music.

Artist like lil wayne are known all over the globe. They have 100's of millions of listeners. They obviously advertize for, car, cloth and jewelry company's. Not only are they advertizing material objects they are all so selling you their music within their music. They make lyrics that have multiple meanings. For example a artist could write a song about bubble gum called bubble gum but its really about sex. They might make a lyric like "bubble gum its so sticky its so sweet, give me a piece, I want a piece" but what they are really saying is, the song bubble gum is sweet the artist is sweet and I want a piece of that artist. Ok so Im no song writer, a talented artist can speak to the subconscious mind just like they do in advertizing. For more detain on how they can do this google nero linguistic programing.

Music literally puts you in a trance. It changes your brainwaves frequency, its scientifically proven. For more info about brain waves
www.finerminds.com...

One technique for putting some one in a trance sleep like state(hypnotize) is swinging a pendulum. Music has a constant beat just like the swinging pendulum. Depending on the tempo of the music it can change your brainwave state from a waking conscious state "beta" to a sleep like state "Theta", vice versa. When your in theta state your are more susceptible to being manipulated because its a sleep like state. You dont analyze like you would in a beta state. TV puts you in a theta state threw its refresh rate.
Why would any organization want to utilize this kind of power???

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I assure you all the musicians, engineers, sound techs, editors, songwriters, recording artists of yesterday (myself), yesterday and tomorrow...we all had NO INTENTION of controlling anyone's mind.

You would have to be God to make that kind of assurance.
Music is a VERY large field. 100's of millions are involved in the production of music. From your low level collage guitarist to supper stars. Its like saying you know all of those people 100's of millions of people. Most collage boys only pick up the guitar to control women's minds.

I listen to music to change my minds state and emotion's. Make it work for you. Felling down? Put on something positive and uplifting and fell the negative pressure fly away. Imagine playing really depressing music at a party, it brings the mood down, every ones state drops. Music is VERY powerful, it controls emotion and mind states.
edit on 24-7-2015 by JamesCarrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don`t have time to sit and write precise and good post, i will answer short with some clues about this subject.
You need to look at documentary or read the books from Daniel to understand how sound actually work and affect us.
Here is one mp3 with basic of sound:
www.dropbox.com...

Let`s start:

brainsidea.wordpress.com...
Daniel Levitin was asked at a recent music psychology conference in Toronto why old music is amazing and new music is awful. He believed that modern record companies are there to make money…

One of book (daniellevitin.com...) which i read from Daniel (en.wikipedia.org...) where he represent new findings about neurons (brain) and music, what happening to brain when we listen the music.
Actually there is documentary (youtu.be... MUST see) with him where must of this book is said there.

Second part is Dr. Hans and his research about this subject: www.youtube.com... (MUST see - about mind control!)

Also there is one research from Steve Goodmans, WWII and sounds: www.youtube.com...
His book: rhizome.org...
His blog which stop with updates
sonicwarfare.wordpress.com...

Some “off topic”
www.weirdvibrations.com...
permutationcity.blogspot.com...

and bonus:
Is Pop Music Holding You Hostage?
www.youtube.com...

So, please when you have time research those links and after that give the opinion about this subject, is very hot and "new" topic for masses.

don`t give up on start if you boring to listen/read/watch, because probably all of us listen music all the time and we did not conscious of their power (don`t give mush attention how that affect us) .

My opinion for now is that music which have loop in songs (today almost all main stream songs) put brain neurons in loop which i think is bad for him... classic music don`t do that...
Also i think we invent with records loop, loop in nature don`t exist? or is very very rare (i am talking about sound spectrum), because it`s very hard to repeat exactly same sound?

edit on 24-7-2015 by Yodaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

To learn about the rythmic pulses of the brain, even in visual perception, dig:
medicalxpress.com...

"In terms of ongoing research, an interesting implication of their results is that visual perception may occur in discreet processing windows, clocked by alpha oscillations, rather than in a continuous stream. "

So even our eyes see with a beat, but our normal brains smooth it all out. Wouldn't it be interesting to see that beat visually? Like if some drug could do it? I imagine moving my hand in front of my eyes, seeing fading snapshots of my hand at various previous points, marking a "trail" of where it was. Couple that, with the Google deep dream stuff, and you'd be getting to real brain mechanics.

Leonard Cohen described the future as having the "blizzard of the world overturning the order of the soul". We are getting very close to that in many ways.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is a whole subculture about musical mind control and conspiracies.

Here's a thread about it.

It's utter rubbish, of course. Mind control is impossible and doing it through music doubly so.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Was at friends bands concert last night. The band jamming and great. The crowd danced. The crowd clapped.

Music evokes feeling is: emotion. But after being in this business since 1963....and having some top-10s...it is never done to induce or import mind control.

Far different is binaural beat-meditation, relaxation tapes created for the purpose of relaxing the mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If anything, music frees the mind,
not controls it.

As such it is a great tool on emotional states.
Especially if you are a music lover.
Everyone hears something different in a song.

That is not to be confused with subliminal messages,
which can be inserted into music to try to plant an idea in the subconscious.
But it seems to me, most music is pretty blunt, no need for subliminal messages anymore...lol

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree that music, when heard with the right intentions, is liberating. However, when people become so accustomed to categorizing music into genres, and then quantize "the subculture" into a isolated thing.. this my friends, is mind control.

When music is truly heard, it frees us from our ego and eases our ability to embrace the change we see and feel in ourselves every day.. but when music is just used to feed an ego and reassure ourselves that "we belong", then it is detrimental... and this is not so simple a task as saying "hip-hop is bad" or "classical music is good"

My one generalization would have to be about how a lot of modern, mainstream music, (no matter the genre or radio station) mostly has that the simple dance-beat (or "money beat" as i've heard it called.. you all know it. bass drum-snare-bass drum-snare.. rinse repeat) whose nature often renders the mind somewhat complacent in one way or another.. This isn't even a "bad thing" in itself, but when one ONLY listens to one or two genres of music, i think that their perception of other things in life is likewise limited.
A lot of pop music these days seems to be exclusively interested in invoking the "bump and grind" club environment and for those of us who have never been interested in "clubbing" or jumping around in a sweaty crowd of strangers, either ignore it altogether or rant about it on sites like this haha.

But there's plenty of "good" music out there and i suggest ignoring anyone who suggests that there's a lack of decent art available to everyone of any persuasion or background. "good" music comes with good intentions and a scientific curiosity in what ELSE can be done with sound that the musician hasn't heard before.. tradition seems to just be a matter of reproducing the "results" of the "masters" (cover bands and cover-orchestras) and while there's nothing intrinsically wrong with that, i do find that the passion is nothing close to what i feel coming from musicians playing their own music..

I just think that sincere music it is harder to find in this age of information technology, but definitely well worth the quest

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I randomly found this channel featuring the music of 0:00

0:00 Music

The more I watch the music videos, the more it seems like something... subliminal was intended.

Who/what is this artist? Any ideas?

new topics

top topics

join