It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Mccain And The Uss Forrestal Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ok lemme get into why this thread came about, so I was have a conversation with a friend about how disrespectful the Donald was to a fellow vet a man who put himself in harm's way John Mccain Vs a 5 or 6 deferment entitled rich kid that spent those very years when Mccain was being shot out of the skies over Vietnam wearing his purple suit sniffing cocain and having wild sex orgies in upscaled clubs..despite my opposition to John Mccain politically, I had always respected the man as a straight talker and a hero, but my friend was to trouble my respect for the man, he went on to tell me that Mccain the flyboy was a reckless show off that crashed a number of airplanes but most devastating of all started the worst self inflicted naval fire in modern U.S history on board the USS Forrestal while bull shIIting , everyone who have been in the Navy since then had to sit through a lecture on what not to do during a shipboard fire, yes it was one of those teachable moments little did I know that John Mccain was the one responsible for igniting that awful fire, and not only that but no one clipped his wings because his daddy was apparently an Admiral, I went home disbelieving and looked up stuff and what I found was not pretty, mind you I am still skeptical that some might swift boat the man but some claimed after being captured and before being tortured he sang like a canary so much so his captors called him the song bird.
Rocket causes deadly fire on aircraft carrier

www.history.com...
So was the Donald right despite his bluster and pompous ass?? ... if this is true I then am mildly depressed that this man is such a war hawk.

This vid pointed an accusatory finger at Mccain

This is the shortened version of the lecture all shipboard sailors had to sit through during fire fighting quals.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A war hero, turned into a warmongering politician is just another case of arsonist firefighter.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I sat through it in boot camp.
It was actually one of the less boring parts of training.
The stories that are coming out about him being at fault in the incident have no basis in reality.
He was a silver spoon fed son of admirals and wasn't the best naval officer, hell he wasn't even runner up for mediocre. He was bottom of the barrel. But he didn't burn the Forrestal.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

guess what - citations required

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The stories that are coming out about him being at fault in the incident have no basis in reality.
He was a silver spoon fed son of admirals and wasn't the best naval officer, hell he wasn't even runner up for mediocre. He was bottom of the barrel. But he didn't burn the Forrestal.

So basically he was or is being swiftboated??.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I hear ya but this was where my goole search took me for the time being

A fire on a United States Navy carrier stationed off the coast of Vietnam kills 134 service members on this day in 1967. The deadly fire on the USS Forrestal began with the accidental launch of a rocket.

During the Vietnam War, the USS Forrestal was often stationed off the coast of North Vietnam, conducting combat operations. On the morning of July 29, the ship was preparing to attack when a rocket from one of its own F-4 Phantom jet fighters was accidentally launched. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a parked A-4 Skyhawk jet. The Skyhawk, which was waiting to take off, was piloted by John McCain, the future senator from Arizona
www.history.com...

How much trust can one put in the History Channel site I donno,but if they are lying he should sue the pants off them.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
dbl post
Mods could you pls delete this post..thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I hear ya but this was where my goole search took me for the time being

A fire on a United States Navy carrier stationed off the coast of Vietnam kills 134 service members on this day in 1967. The deadly fire on the USS Forrestal began with the accidental launch of a rocket.

During the Vietnam War, the USS Forrestal was often stationed off the coast of North Vietnam, conducting combat operations. On the morning of July 29, the ship was preparing to attack when a rocket from one of its own F-4 Phantom jet fighters was accidentally launched. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a parked A-4 Skyhawk jet. The Skyhawk, which was waiting to take off, was piloted by John McCain, the future senator from Arizona
www.history.com...

How much trust can one put in the History Channel site I donno,but if they are lying he should sue the pants off them.

Why would he sue them? It says an F4 rocket hit HIS plane waiting to take off. It doesn't infer he was the shooter but the victim.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is it 2008 again?

2008 ATS thread About Forrestal and Mccain

Long story short a F-4 Phantom inadvertanly launched a rocket at 2 A-4 Skyhawks. One of those 2 was Senator Mccain's aircraft. On said skyhawks were old world war 2 era bombs that had a cook off time of about a min less then the modern weapons of the time. Damage control teams not knowing they were old bombs rushed in to try to cool them, this action failed. With no damage control teams left able to fight the rest of the able body crew tried to fight the fire but becuse they were not trained they mixed water and foam making things worse. This is why today EVERYONE on a ship is trained in firefighting.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Yes, it's true. McCain was not a very good soldier, but no one could get rid of him. He wasn't disloyal or anything, he just wasn't very competent.

That said, he didn't start the fire.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: butcherguy

So basically he was or is being swiftboated??.

It would seem so.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Yes, it's true. McCain was not a very good soldier, but no one could get rid of him. He wasn't disloyal or anything, he just wasn't very competent.

That is consistent with his political career.

originally posted by: Aazadan
That said, he didn't start the fire.

And obviously, the navy don't need to have McCain on board of their vessels so that they catch fire :

SM-2 Missile Explodes On Launch From The Destroyer USS The Sullivans

Here comes the navy official statement :

On July 18 at approximately 9 a.m. (EDT) a Standard Missile-2 (SM-2) test missile exploded after suffering a malfunction as it was fired from the guided-missile destroyer USS The Sullivans (DDG 68) during a planned missile exercise off the coast of Virginia. There were no injuries and only minor damage to the port side of the ship resulting from missile debris. The ship returned to Naval Station Norfolk for assessment. An investigation into the malfunction has been ordered and is being conducted by the Navy’s Program Executive Office for Integrated Warfare Systems, which is part of Naval Sea Systems Command. It is too early to determine what, if any, effect this will have on the ship’s schedule.

edit on 25-7-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

top topics

join