It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Dinosaurs near Palm Springs, CA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
maybe your grandmother saw a pair of large monitors, escaped from someones collection. they may have been upright against a tree as the car passed, appearing to be moving on hind legs. it was near 50 years ago, memories fade and become contorted after months let alone years, ask any police investigator. Your grandmother is probably as honest as the day is long and thats honestly what she THOUGHT she saw!

[edit on 073131p://33017 by instar]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There, you see? Monitor Lizards. Makes sense. But ain't it funny how this post appeared the day AFTER a show was on about California Dinos? Just saying. And i have a right ot be skeptical. Believing in everything gets you nowhere, and neither does being a skeptic. Which is why I looked this over and said it would be plausible. In the Amazon, it's understandable. We've never really explored all of it. But California? Meh.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well for what is worth....I believe Granny and Prufrock. I think it is possible that there are things we, as individuals, just don' know about yet. I've never seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Originally posted by Tuatara

ps they have a perinneal third eye!

Ummmm.....Tuatara.....I think you mean pineal third eye. A perineal third eye could be really uncomfortable...especially if it accidentally got poked! ~
~

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
sounds very interesting.i'm not sure what it could be.Maybe it was people dressed in dinosaur costumes? or so,me giant type of reptile?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cool story, never heard of any raptor reports before, things like plesiosaurs in lakes are usually all you ever hear about. Though considering only three reports are known (your grandfather, grandmother, and diner owner), and considering it was in fact in the 60s when it happened. I really wouldn't doubt drugs being involved to be honest.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Prufrock

I was thinking kangaroo , I find it highly unlikely raptors survived but anything is possible .

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

I was thinking kangaroo , I find it highly unlikely raptors survived but anything is possible .

No, Raptors surviving un-noticed for this long is not possible ..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i really want to believe your grandmother's narrative. thanks for making my day.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I do beleive that your Grandmother saw "something" on htat day but a Raptor
.....not so certain as those are way too ferocious and would not go unnoticed (in CA anyway). But then again I wasn't there

Like other posters said though, in the amazon or rain forests is an entirely different story as a lot of those territories are still to be explored by man. Who knows what we could find in those areas.

It would be an awesome find that's for sure.

Teye

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I just came from Palm Springs yesterday after a mini vacation with the boyfriend but I didnt notice anything unusual. We've been there a few times and I always make sure to look out the window to check for anything out of the ordinary. However, I dont doubt your grandma probably saw something. The desert just extends for hundreds of miles and I'm sure that something could possibly live among the hills and mountains over there.

There is however a small place where they have all these robotic dinosaurs and a museum inside the dinosaur. However they are about 100 ft tall and they are very colorful so I doubt it was that. Maybe it could have been the robotic dinosaurs they were testing? Guess Ill just have to keep continuing checking the scenery when we go back this summer

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuatara

what about that fish celacinth( spelling will be wrong)
but they thought it died out 65 million years ago

ps
cant spell wont spell

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I've heard a story almost identical to this. The description matches and the number of dinosaurs also matches. But i dont rember where i saw it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join