It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple goes swimming in NC with homemade "shark cages"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was going to put this under current events, but it's just so funny it can hardly be taken seriously. However, it did actually happen in Kill Devil Hills, not far from where I live.

Kill Devil hills Beachgoers Create Stir with Personal Shark Cages

^ It's a short article with a video someone took as they were going out into the water. They don't make it far before a lifeguard calls them out of the water. Note how they're holding their "shark cages" over the water as they're getting deeper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't shark attacks happen under the water?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Good lord, you don't want to get those things wet!

I did hear a fool proof way to test the water for sharks. Guaranteed.

Take a small hand full of water, swish it around in your mouth for exactly 1.5 minutes. then spit.
If you taste any salt at all, then there ARE sharks in that water.

You are welcome.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I was going to put this under current events, but it's just so funny it can hardly be taken seriously. However, it did actually happen in Kill Devil Hills, not far from where I live.

Kill Devil hills Beachgoers Create Stir with Personal Shark Cages

^ It's a short article with a video someone took as they were going out into the water. They don't make it far before a lifeguard calls them out of the water. Note how they're holding their "shark cages" over the water as they're getting deeper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't shark attacks happen under the water?

Yep, in water right about as deep as these two geniuses were in mostly.
edit on 21-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: lost video

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bull sharks and sweet water go together,too.

Just don't go in any water.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Good lord, you don't want to get those things wet!

Says in the article someone claimed they were made of plastic. Looks like it too, the way he bends it around when talking to the lifeguard. Must be held together with Elmer's school glue. They didn't want it to dissolve in the ocean water.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Stupid bennies, howies,shoebees,tourist whatever you call them. You can spot them from a mile away with there watershoes, jeans,high heels,1980s bathing suit and now there shark cages. They never swim in the flags always feeding the seagulls and leaving there trash everywhere. Those shark cages were pretty funny. I wonder what would of happened if a wave knocked them over. thanks for that

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't know how to post images to ATS, but this picture just came across my Facebook feed. It's hilarious: Greetings from the Outer Banks
edit on 21-7-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't know what to say America.

top topics

join