It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HESITANT NEW MEMBER

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
O.K., here goes. I just turned 80, living on time gifted to me after croaking in 2004 and being dragged back. I'm a retired Architect, and interested in everything. Enjoy reading posts. Noticed you guys have your personal Avatars instead of defaults; how do you upload them? I'd like to have my "Lazarus" avatar, but don't know how to upload, or in what format. Any help appreciated.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Welcome Lazaruman04,I am new too& would like to know how to change my avatar as well* 80 years is quite an achievement,hope one day you will share how you were brought back&what you experienced while you were gone.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Welcome to you both...I really have little room TO welcome anyone given that I'm not really around too much here, but meh...

You should see a lovely little arrow button fifth icon from your left at the top of your screen. Then a new banner will slide open beneath the bar you clicked on. Move to "upload" - third from the left. There you can upload files and set them as your avatar or bg image.

My screen shots aren't working right now for some reason, but if you need I'm sure another member will be along...or I might be able to get them working in short order...who knows.

Welcome again.

P.S. Don't feel bad about the hesitation. I grappled for about 6 years before I joined up originally and still do participation wise to this day. Some of us try to keep a low key for personal reasons, professional reasons, or just cause. Don't feel bad.
edit on 20.7.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Welcome guys!

Here is where you can go for some fancy avatars from some talented artists.

Of course you can use your own too, if you want.

80 years eh.. You have much knowledge to share I'm sure!

edit on 7-20-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Thank you very much for the help.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

Thank you, Shugo; I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try later.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsMartha

Thank you; I might sometime, in an appropriate thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarusman04

No problem.

I actually found this link in the thread that WakeUpBeer provided that has some visual aids to help you out with finding the links and buttons. Seems current from what I can tell.

I figure if you're 80-some and net-able...you're doing pretty darn good. I'd hate to have to learn this stuff even at twenty some.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thank you Shugo and WakeUpBeer******

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hello, I'm also a newbie. The 1st forum community I've ever joined. Looking forward to engaging in some interesting threads. I too would like to know your NDE Lazarusman04, that in itself is a good topic. reply to: Lazarusman04

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KCdeeah

Thank you. It was unremarkable, but took months to regain about 95% of the surviving part of my brain! I'll get into it later, when the time is right. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Welcome ! Don't know if there are any other Octogenarians on here, but you are the first I have heard of !

Here is a link with instruction on uploading your avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As another poster mentioned, the avatar thread is also full of helpful folk.

Enjoy your time here ...

Cheers,
Timely

edit on 20-7-2015 by Timely because: Stupidity ...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i kinda feel honoured you would want to be part of this ...
80 years is brill mate ... one of my jobs used to be to teach some of the doctors and nurses to use their new computers as their job forced them to 'move with the times into the digital age' .. many of the elderly ones whom had never touched a pc before .. whether not having a need to, or through intimidation ... their job forced them to .,. and whilst some embraced it .. many did not like being forced to use it and faaar initially preferred the good 'ol paper n pen they are used to ...

i love when 'elderly' people come online and do techy stuff .. as in .. i love your attitude .,.. age is just a number ..
Glad youre not put off by the avatar creation or the likes ... being an apparently techy minded guy .. even i find the avatar creation procedure of a bit overly complicated ...

Also .. you had an NDE ? ... Im unsure if youre hinting to en experince of that nature ... i think i probably researched over 2000 NDEs in past 30 years ... my passion

God Bless

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

It sounds like you have some great stories and experiences you could share with the rest of us here on ATS.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing you on the forums Lazarusman04!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome to the community! Never to old to learn something new, love it!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo...even vacation picture you have...will be fine?

Welcome. Did you know you can use ANY photo as your avatar? Your cat, dog, grandkids etc? It just needs to be the correct size. Just sayin'...you don't have to MAKE one...but any family friendly photo you have will be fine (nothing profane or obscene of course)!

Glad to have you here! Best

MS

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Welcome Lazarus!

At 80 years old I'm sure you've seen some chit. I look forward to your insights.

As for the avatars, other members have linked instructions, I would only add to convert the image to a JPG before uploading to keep the file size small.

See you around.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Welcome Lazarus!! Kudos for joining our Family! I look forward to reading about the experience You went through, and came back!! Whenever You feel comfortable sharing that with Us, that is...
Here's something I wrote a while back to Welcome Newcomers... Hope You like it!

Hello and Welcome!
Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, till You want to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"

Syx...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Awesome.......Wisdom is what you bring to the table and I welcome it. I wish I could take the wisdom I have now and go back in time 20 years. I could rule the world.......Well maybe.....OK I dream big.

Looking forward to debating you and welcome.
edit on 20-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
welcome to you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join