It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Ice Fields Of Pluto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another high resolution image of Pluto from New Horizons:

Source

While we're not seeing any crashed alien ships or bases......yet......Pluto is not failing to amaze everyone and make your eyeballs pop out!

I've got a feeling that I'm going to be royally entertained over the next year or so by constant new images of this distant world.
edit on 7/17/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Pluto is planet so. What do you expect. Not an huge asteroid or dwarf something . Who says planets have to be big and close to the sun.... As long as its something that goes around it is a planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I've got a feeling that I'm going to be royally entertained over the next year or so by constant new images of this distant world.

That makes two of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

We will just ignore the alien standing dead center in the picture and waving at us then?

I have been wondering if we are gonna see any real pics of Hydra?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I'm not sure if NH was able to take any high rez pics of Hydra. It maybe just too small and too far when NH flew by.

I'm waiting for someone here on ATS to start a "Pluto Anomalies" thread......then I can be doubly entertained!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I was gonna leave that to Char-Lee.....but if you really want one!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
An alien base would have been exceedingly interesting... but equally just as interesting is that fact that we're not seeing any craters in these close-up images of Pluto. Such an old body, so far away and so "primordial", turns out to have an active surface that is only a few million years old.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I personally want to see all 3 of the satelites.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well while I'm one of those that goes "It's a rock." in the Mars threads, I still enjoy them very much. More so if who ever is posting doesn't draw it in first. I like to see if I can see the same thing they are seeing.

Then I tell them "it's a rock."

However, with Pluto.....I guess we're going to have to come up with a new meme:

"It's ice."

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I was thinking something a little more timeless.

It's just another shape shifting Tholin, they are kinda like Pluto's version of leprechauns.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What an amazing photograph.
Think of the money,science and hours of work which has led to us seeing this image on our computers.
An incredible human achievment IMO.

Isn't it amazing what we can do when we work together for something cool like this?
Damn,we can be clever little monkeys when we put our minds together and decide to look outwards instead of blowing each other up.

If only Einstein,Tesla,Gallilio and other great explorers of the universe could see this.
They would be beyond happy.

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
Pluto is planet so. What do you expect. Not an huge asteroid or dwarf something . Who says planets have to be big and close to the sun.... As long as its something that goes around it is a planet.

Technically it is not a planet. In order to be a planet, as standardized by the International Astronomical Union by a vote, Pluto has not fulfilled one of the 3 necessities for being a planet, as it has not "cleared the neighborhood around its orbit." Pluto has 5-6 moons, also has many dwarf planets in its neighborhood where some are bigger than Pluto. They call it a "dwarf planet" but it is still not a planet, which may be confusing to many. Asteroids, comets moons, and all satellites to their stars revolve around the sun- as well as their gravitationally more dominant planets they are tied to- yet these are not planets. There is actually no requirement for its size to be considered a planet, just needs enough mass not sustain a spereical shape.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Ha

I was just thinking, how can we know those "lumps and bumps" are not alien buildings!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Imagine, it wasn't even NASA that accomplished this feat.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Ha

I was just thinking, how can we know those "lumps and bumps" are not alien buildings!

Because its too damn cold to build things there. If you touched down you would sink into the frost, producing a geyser of volatile gasses as you disappeared into the ice.

Dumb aleenss…

awesome pic

Look at the black splash of carbonic dust surrounding the crater in the center of this capture.

edit on 17-7-2015 by intrptr because: pic

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Every picture I have seen gets more and more exciting.

s&f

Keep em coming!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Ha

Because its too damn cold to build things there. If you touched down you would sink into the frost, producing a geyser of volatile gasses as you disappeared into the ice.

Dumb aleenss…

awesome pic

Look at the black splash of carbonic dust surrounding the crater in the center of this capture.

"If you touched down you would sink into the frost...
YES but what if the alien touched down and does not sink...maybe he has 4 ft wide paddle feet and is made of ice floaty material
we must not narrow our thinking to our own terms and comfort.

Ah I see you mean the heating outlet from the underground base?
edit on 17-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nothing wrong with a little science fiction, you should relax a little.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

My grandmother traveled from Missouri to New mexico as a girl in a covered wagon....not very many generations ago a horse and wheels was it...so wow now we are passing Pluto!!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Real science going on here, kiddies should be in bed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join