It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pups at 4 1/2 Months Old, Doing Night Raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So my pups are right at 4 1/2 months old. They look huge for being almost 5 months old and are just about as big as their mom:

Starlight and Venture playing with their mom.

Being a lot bigger now, I knew that I needed to increase the size of their pen.

Milky and Sam

Unfortunately, I don't have the extra money to go out and buy new rolls of fencing or posts, so I've had to make due with what I have. This means lots of places for them to escape from, but at least I've made their pen a LOT bigger so they can run around:

Lately, they've been waiting until sometime after midnight to sneak out, and I find them each morning on my porch, all happy to see me so they get let back in the pen and fed.......followed by me hunting down where they got out and blocking it.

Sam grinning at me:

I'm fixing to head out to their pen and work on it some more. This makes them quite happy as they get to jump all over me, interfering with my work (and of course I stop work to play with them!).

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Cute dogs, especially Sam. I've got a German, and had the same problem with the escapes. (my back yard is semi-fenced) at about 5 months Chibbs (my dog) would wander off like he was the king of the jungle. Luckily, though,now that he just turned 10 months old yesterday, he does not do that anymore. Trained him really well and it has surely paid off!

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

My main fears about them wandering off is:

1) Getting shot by someone if they are on their property and not mine.
2) Getting hit by a car down at the road.
3) Other dogs attacking and Timber Rattlers.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I'd be heartbroken if something like that were to happen to my pup.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Uncontrolled dogs have to be stopped.

I hope you do it before someone else does.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Awesome dogs! Are they diggers? Ours dig tunnels and we can't fill them up fast enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They are adorable! I hope you figure out something soon. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Not real diggers.....yet!

Mostly what they are doing is pushing under the fence. I've been blocking off the fence with posts an stakes, which has deterred them so far.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well the pups were NOT waiting for me on the porch this morning, but were still in their pen!

So it looks like I've got a handle on their escaping......

Unless of course they still are......and just snuck back in to wait for me in the pen.......I wouldn't put it past the little rascals!

top topics

join