It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Righteous Indignation as a Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Years back I was living in a downsairs flatlet, off a main house. edited for clarity: The flat had been built on afterwards, & was under a separate roof from the hous.e There was a heavy feel to the place; my cat would intently stare at nothing, & follow something invisible with his eyes, up the walls & across the ceiling. Eventually strange sounds began, both during the day & night, exactly like footsteps across the roof, and down the outer wall, it was very freaky & witnessed by myself & various friends. I used to rush outside to see if I could catch a prankster, but there was never anything to be seen. One night during a power outage, the noises - footsteps, knocks, thuds etc became so loud I could not sleep, & lay quaking under the duvet until something snapped in me & I decided not to take it any longer.

In a rush of fury, sat up & literally shrieked words to the effect of, "Shut up & get the *&^ out of here!" There was instant silence; I never heard the noises again.

However, on another occasion odd sounds were coming from an antique medicine cabinet I kept as a bedside table; there was nothing inside except for a few magazines. But there were frequent sounds from inside, rather like glass bottles being clanked together. I tried shouting in the same way, but it continued; perhaps bvecause I was not really afraid enough to feel angry about it, I suspect. It was more fascinating that scary. (Finally, I asked a friend over to see if he could solve the mystery, & he freaked out, hurled the cabinet outside & smashed it before I could stop him, so that was the end of that)
edit on 17-7-2015 by kiro8lak because: clarity

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Those are really awesome accounts of paranormal things, and it's normal from my experience for some people to react that way when confronted with scary shiz like that

Especially when they didn't believe it happens. Some people have been mentally ruined after experiencing a ghost who were adamant against the belief they existed prior to the experience... My dad refuses to believe in any kind of ghosts, even after I have told him my experiences with ghosts. One threw a rock at me after I yelled at my wife once, in a closed room with just me in it. I said I was sorry and nothing else happened since haha..

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 17-7-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
One night during a power outage, the noises - footsteps, knocks, thuds etc became so loud I could not sleep

Just like in the movies, a power outage is somehow essential to set the mood. The beings need to be as aware as we on modern humans need of electricity. The opportunity needs to be taken when we are the most vulnerable. Like bullies. They need to be as childish as the story itself.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

I quit getting freaked out by auditory hallucinations years ago. Our brain will in times of silence (power outages) take all incoming sound and begin to pattern it in voices or baby cries or other sounds we are familiar with. It can be pretty freaky. Your RI theory is pretty much you willing silence from your own mind's creations I think.

edit on 07pm2015-07-17T21:58:41-05:0009587America/Chicago58731 by machineintelligence because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How does religious indignation play into this?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
How does religious indignation play into this?

No, I said RIGHTEOUS, not RELIGIOUS!

edit on 19-7-2015 by kiro8lak because: spelling correction

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

In what way is it RIGHTEOUS?

new topics

top topics

join