It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interplanetary segregation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OK, I was just thinking about all the religious/racial/political issues in this country and world and a thought popped up. In the not too distant future, when we begin traveling to other planets, do you think we as a species will begin to segregate? Do you feel this would be a good thing? Lets assume human kind as whole continues on its path of social stupidity throughout the future years and our issues are not fixed through social engineering. Lets say we find planets so that every single subset of individuals can be amongst only themselves. A black planet, a white planet, a democrat planet, female planet, Etc, etc etc. Of course bear in mind that we would still have mixed planets of multiple or all of these subgroups who are open minded to one another. Lets say all of these planets could choose to remain isolated or open for trade and travel. Would this fix all of our problems as a species? Do you believe those that hate and segregate will find other reasons to in-fight while the rest of us prosper without the burden of fools? Lets pretend like human greed doesn't swoop in and start leeching and starting wars behind the scenes and everyone can keep on keeping on. Would Science based planets fair best or religious? Full government oversight or anarchist? Would we as a collective desire this? Would this fix us?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Greetings and Salutations- Which is the one w/out 'ego' ? By the time You get to where You're headed, where We are ALL headed, by that 'time' You've already melded into "All that there is" This will also be the 'time' where You've learned that LOVE is the only thing and that pesky thing 'time' was only because You were in a Body, no body, no time, no worries... You MADE it!!!

You 'may' make it before that 'a-hole' down the street but would You be surprised/upset if He made it there first?

Doesn't worship still equate to War Ship?

namaste

Find Your 'Truth' and Live to it/ up to it...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Thanks for the post. A beautiful and thoughtful reply, but I was aiming at a more psychosocial type of discussion. Thank you for your contribution though. All input is welcome either way.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well then... By then people will have MickeyMouse thumbs from texting which will make our new "Overlords" pissed because they just now grew thumbs and took over.. Of course I'm typing about the canine.. hahaha

With more planets and galaxies than there are people, one of those planets is Yours and one is Mine.. You're welcome at Mine anytime.. Mine is the 'warm one'..

namaste

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
A black planet, a white planet, a democrat planet, female planet, Etc, etc etc. ?

Dibs for snu-snu!

I think by nature humankind segregates. That segregation doesn't always happen along racial lines, however, and I don't believe it is necesarily a bad thing. For example, I tend to hang around with people who have similar interests and backgrounds as myself. Amazing as it may sound, I don't have a single friend who is anti-hunting, anti-fishing, or anti-redneck... I suspect that in a hypothetical interplanetary scenario, the same would hold true. If science finds a planet out there that has massive free range critters and water with Moby Dick sized fish to be caught, it'll almost certainly be the destination for most of humanity's outdoorsmen.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I shall start the Bacon planet. We will welcome all who love the pig.
edit on 16-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Realistically, I could see segregation of ideals occurring on separate planets, but not likely the kind of segregation you're referring to. For one, I feel our racial combinations would be too mixed by the time we have a bunch of planets to hop on to. Secondly, I couldn't see like, a religious planet forming so much by the time we conquer technology to the level of planet colonization due to religion phasing out over time.

Taking your scenario into consideration from the way you word it however, would we segregate? Possibly, but unlikely.
We segregate fairly racially by neighborhoods and small community areas now, but not on larger scales. If people really wanted to segregate from each other racially and en masse, they would do that. We would have entire cities or states that were predominately different racial ethnicities on purpose. We don't do that though because enough of us either prefer integration or simply don't make such things a priority.

As strong as the anger depiction of racism, sexism and all the other isms are on the internet today, I don't actually know that many people in any of the camps that are crying out for segregation. Most women I know WANT men around (just put vice versas in all the considerations).

Most Caucasian people I know have no issue living near people of other skin colors or nationalities and if they do, it's usually pretty specific individuals. From what I've seen, racial tensions increase with the size of the city. Big cities are the most tolerant in general with the tensions between specific races/cultures much stronger. (Puerto Ricans vs. Mexicans for example) Small towns seem to have the least tolerance and fewer variations to have problems with. Moderately sized cities seem to live more harmoniously in general than either. I can't see these values changing much if we were given planetary options rather than regional. If segregation would fix our problems, we simply wouldn't be integrating the way we are now.

But say they did anyway and we had segregated planets. While those on the planets might live more harmoniously amongst each other (And it's important to say "at first", because it's only a matter of time before opposing viewpoints emerge from later generations within the societies) , planetary wars are inevitable as clashes would most certainly occur. Humans don't do well with not having access to something other humans have. So, if for example, Planet Girl Power suddenly gets a valuable resource that Planet Brodawg desires, then it's Pew-pew-pew!!!
You say to pretend that human greed isn't a factor, but that's just separating too far from humanity, going all the way back to Og has rock Thag want. Thag take rock.

Segregation between planets would most likely center around political and ethical ideologies rather than the camps we see fighting it out on the internet daily. Oh, and science-based planets would ALWAYS win out over time.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Maybe that is why The One Infinite Creator made the distances between the planets so far apart? Let Us ass/u/me that You were irked with Planet ¶ø© By the 'time' You get there You'd have forgotten why You were irked to begin with..

Flowers not to reason why...

Don't forget what that real smart guy in My avatar "Alfred Epstein" taught Us, that Time = Space... But notice He is playing a guitar that won't come out for 7 years after His "death"...

Have You thought about what color the drapes will be?

Stay Hydrated My Friend,

namaste

new topics

top topics

join