It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronwyn Bishop spends $5,000 on 80km charter helicopter flight from Melbourne to Geelong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Labor is demanding an explanation from Bronwyn Bishop after it was revealed
she chartered a helicopter to take an 80-kilometre flight from Melbourne to
a golf course near Geelong for a Liberal Party function.
The Federal Parliamentary Speaker opted for the taxpayer-funded charter flight
to the Clifton Springs Golf Club last November, rather than using her
Commonwealth car.
The estimated travel time by road is about 90 minutes each way.
The $5,227.27 cost of the trip is detailed in a six-monthly report to the Finance
Department. A golf course volunteer tweeted photos of the helicopter arriving
at the course, describing the Speaker's arrival as "spectacular".
A spokesman for Mrs Bishop said the trip was chartered to "meet commitments"
and all travel was taken "within entitlements and in accordance with parliamentary guidelines".
..... GUIDELINES < WTF

But wait ,... there's more
Mrs Bishop spent more than $88,000 on a 15-day official visit to Europe while she was
running for the presidency of the Geneva-based Inter-Parliamentary Union.
The trip to Europe took in Italy, Belgium, Austria and Switzerland from October 3-18.
(She didn't get the job , but why should my taxes pay for her apply !?)
www.abc.net.au...
There are currently 150 members of the House of Representatives, each representing
one geographic area of Australia. Members are elected for a 3 year term and when in
parliament take part in debate on proposed laws and public policy, representing the
views of the people in their electorate.
www.smh.com.au...
Also we have state politicians , ... hundreds of them ! .... not counting the ex-politicians,
All raping taxpayers , on a daily basis . For a country of 20 million people,
I say we cannot afford this waste .
NSW Seats 135
QLD Seats 89
SA Seats 69
WA Seats 95
Tas Seats 40
Vic Seats 88
With personal and indirect tax , slavery to this bloated pig trough , is beyond
anything reasonable . In these times of belt -tightening , why should anybody
pay for politicians who want to lead a rock star lifestyle ?

..... just two cents I had left over !

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yep. A total rort and I would not stand for it. Except that it pales into insignificance compared to the real atrocities Abbot et al are doing. Making it a crime to report child abuse WTF??? Allowing a chinese coal mine in the best food growing area in the country WTF? Oh of course - banning wind and solar energy - we'll need more coal then.

btw have you ever met Bronnie? She's about 3ft, 4 if you include the hair.

Do you know anyone or even friend of a friend who voted for this guy? I dont! And I know a lot of people. And anyone who today would claim to vote him now is just a sad loser.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Looks like your government officials are as corrupt as ours! These people make me sick.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hmmmbeer

Personally I've got no problems with midgets ,

BUT , this chopper ride was to a fundraising event !

... and there is a multi lane freeway on that route

so this stinks worse than Werribee ,sewerage farm !

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess I am comparing the welfare of children and the ability to grow food vs being cheated of $5000. Yes its atrocious and i mention she is short as to explain the behaviour - equivalent of short man syndrome, doing outrageously bold/stupid things.

I think we should ask the science ministers opinion on this. Oh wait...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've heard it said that you have to pay good money if you want to attract good people to the job, however I think most would agree that we've not been getting our money's worth for quite a long time now. The wages, perks, and pensions only seem to attract those who are out for themselves (and maybe their mates if it's in their interest).

Under travel allowance rules, Mr Hockey is allowed to claim $271-a-night when he stays in Canberra to cover the cost of accommodation regardless of whether he stays in a hotel, his own property or a friend’s home. The arrangement has allowed Mr Hockey to claim about $12,267 a year in travel allowance for the last 15 years to sleep in his wife’s home. His use of the travel entitlement is allowed under the current rules and does not represent any improper use of his entitlements.

Treasurer Joe Hockey is paid the same amount as Newstart, $1000 a month, to sleep at his wife’s house

To be fair to Hockey, many other MPs employ similar tactics, according to the Daily Telegraph, including Labor’s Anthony Albanese, Warren Snowden, Tanya Plibersek, Joel Fitzgibbon, Jim Chalmers, Mark Butler, Tony Burke and Doug Cameron.

Joe Hockey takes his entitlement

Several months ago when these reports about Hockey first surfaced I had also read Gillard, Rudd, and a whole host of other politicians had left office with investment properties purchased in Canberra which they had utilised and financed this way.

Little more than career politicians, these people are charlatans really ... yet we continue to pay them to legislate and dictate to us about tightening our belts, while they take us all for a ride.

edit on 15/7/2015 by MsVen because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've been waiting for some shizen to stick to this crafty Teflon woman. She's gonna stab some fellow LNP members in the back at some stage too... I can see it in her eyes.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just in ... she's repaying the money ! Hope it hurts ...

www.skynews.com.au...

Speaker Bronwyn Bishop has agreed to reimburse more than $5000 of taxpayers' money she
claimed to charter a helicopter in 2014.

Mrs Bishop said in a statement on Thursday she had written to the Special Minister of State
Michael Ronaldson indicating she would reimburse the costs associated with the November 5 trip.

The Speaker will also pay a 25% 'loading fee', meaning she will be $1307 out of pocket on top
of the charter expense, her office has confirmed to Sky News.

- See more at: www.skynews.com.au...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Expensive Lib fundraiser she's attended. Glad she's coughing up the cash. Would have put a dent in the fund raising.

While she's on a roll. Why doesn't she cough up 5 grand in make up, 5 grand in high heels and 5 grand in the dresses she wears.

reagrds,

Bally

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
Just in ... she's repaying the money ! Hope it hurts ...

It is still (I think) "your" tax dollars she will repay with, so you're screwed either way......

(sorry)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Update
Bronwyn Bishop resigned
then the lid came off ....

Australian politicians are spending a staggering half
a billion dollars in entitlements each year.
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
From the good old USA, we feel and share your pain. The seated US President, his wife, and his daughters have cost the US taxpayers Millions in 6.5 years in recreational and fund raising related travel expenses. I don't know anything about Ausie politics, but hopefully this Bronwyn woman didn't lecture the Australian people about having to "cut back on family vacations" weeks before taking a tax payer funded Hawaii vacation, as other *ahem* leaders have done.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Sick isn't it all these clowns sorry i meant government work from the same playbook.....

People will wake up one day most likely when it is too late to do anything about it....

top topics

join