It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Psyho neighbor strikes again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
(please ingore the typo in the heading, you will understand why that occured.)

I'm at my wits end ATS.

A while ago I reported that my neighbor had been terrorizing nearby tenants. Now his dumbassery has escalated.

He threatened a friend- an older, frail friend- and slashed his tires as well, the threatened to stab me after I condoned his actions. As I've stated in the previous post, he has an convenient excuse that has absolved him of his past misdeeds countless times. And what was the police response?

"File a complaint"

File a cotton picking complaint? the guy has been at this for more than a year, how many times do people have to complain? But poor old psycho, he's not well in the head so he should be given a seventh chance. I don't fear for myself but I fear my my friend and my pets-I have my pets locked inside because I fear for their safety. My neighbors and I now have an official avenue but we are not convinced that action will be taken-The cops are aware of this guy but will it take to get this guy committed or relocated?

I freaking hate the red tape that had kept this idiot free to do what he damn well pleases-as it has done so in the past so many times. And now that red tape could very well let him walk free AGAIN.

As I said, i'm at my wits end.

edit on 14-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The only time something is done is when it's too late. The laws in this country give criminals too many rights. I understand this protects someone who's being falsely accused, but when you have incidents that can be backed up by numerous witnesses, than that person should be immediately arrested.

I know you shouldn't have to move because of some psychotic a-hole, but if it were me, I wouldn't take the chance of losing my life. This guy sounds like a loose cannon, and I would hate to think someday his anger will cross the line and end up stabbing someone to death. In the mean time, I would carry something on me at all times just to protect myself, such as pepper spray. I hope you and the other tenants can get this guy out of your building. Good Luck to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The only time something is done is when it's too late.

Thank you.

All to often the police are reactive rather then proactive

Not to mention that if he is charged-he'll call his shrink who will essestially bail him out, but yet his shrink has done nothing (as he or she has done in the past) but I guess a stern word a box of pills solves everything. Well it's doesn't and yet somehow lightning manages to strike twice for him.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yes file a complaint. It starts the ball rolling. Gives the police a 'prior' to work from. I know its useless right now…

This guy is going to self destruct at some point, just be sure he doesn't do it on you.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm sorry. You sound at your wit's end.
I'd be frustrated, as well.

Have you attempted to film this guy doing these things?
Certainly video evidence may help.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This is what you get when nobody cares about their fellow man and woman. It is called social disintegration. It comes about when people become selfish and only interested in what impacts them directly.

I am expected to feel compassion for you and your situation yet encouraged to see your defined enemy as a psycho who should be kicked out of his home and that we all must hate him

Well, your psycho is a human being, too. He is probably that way because he has been treated like dirt all his life and constantly shunned, seeing other people as the enemy who will not understand, who leave him lonely...people that call him psycho and make him a prisoner of their judgemental perception.

Guess what, when I have been met with a socially challenging individual I treat them like a human being. I talk to them.

If you and your neighbours actually all communicated and included him then things would get better. I tell you it is mighty hard to slash the tyre of a car of someone who smiles at you and treats you nice.

Why not have a coffee with the guy and find out what the score is? Yep, that is idealistic and far fetched. The way it is going is that he will do something really bad and go to prison or a mental health facility and you'll be free until the next labelled psycho comes along or somehow he can live with you people and stop seeing you as an enemy.

Unless you break the chain of events the same things are going to continue to happen. They will happen to countless people in countless places.

If people only had some care for each other. If only there was a sense of community, not the imposing hierarchy of conformity that ends up with community bully boys and busy bodies, but a genuine sense of humanity and consideration.

It is sad to have lived my life watching society disintegrate. I guess every generation has its woes. My Grand Dad had to fight in a war and watch people being blown to bits all the time. Constant human insanity with no relent.

Lets all hate the psycho and project all out bad feeling onto him. Still not able to let go the need for a scapegoat and someone to banish into the wilderness. Yet those we banish return to haunt us with all the festering vengeance of their exile. There are many banished sacpegoats lurking in the wilderness.

edit on 14-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You have the right to a gun, so use it, before they all get taken away and you live in regret.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Not to mention that if he is charged-he'll call his shrink who will essestially bail him out, but yet his shrink has done nothing (as he or she has done in the past) but I guess a stern word a box of pills solves everything. Well it's doesn't and yet somehow lightning manages to strike twice for him.

I had a similar incident with an acquaintance who was harassing me by calling our home several time a day and night. I filed a complaint with the local District Justice office. I had billing invoices that documented the number of times and at what time of the day and night I received these calls. The District Justice wouldn't even schedule a hearing because it was determined that this person was mentally ill.

I'm a teacher in a high school, and the same ridiculous laws apply to kids who are labeled with emotional problems. Some of these kids have threatened teachers, physically attacked other children, or have been caught carrying a weapon in school, yet since they're considered mentally disadvantaged, the law protects them and allows them to continue to walk the hallways and attend classes. The idea that these kids don't understand what their doing, doesn't give the state the right to put other kids and adults in harms way.

These are the same people, time and time again who end up being involved in killings. So instead of removing this threat from the school, the state and local districts would rather take the chance of being liable for a possible school killing when it could have been prevented.

I ended up having to change my phone number to prevent this disturbed person from calling our home. Here's the clincher, this same person had a history of physically abusing family members and was arrested a few years ago for beating her elderly mother.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I am expected to feel compassion for you and your situation yet encouraged to see your defined enemy as a psycho who should be kicked out of his home and that we all must hate him

I was this persons friend years ago, and he did have other friends-But he crossed the line, burned the bridges and nobody can defend his actions.

Well, your psycho is a human being, too. He is probably that way because he has been treated like dirt all his life and constantly shunned, seeing other people as the enemy who will not understand, who leave him lonely...people that call him psycho and make him a prisoner of their judgemental perception.

I'm also a human being and I have my own problems and I can understand to a certain extent, but when my neighbors and myself are threatened by a mentally unstable guy with a knife like has done so in the past...Do you honestly expect us to throw open our arms to a man who wants to kill us?

That argument flew out the window when he started threatening to kill elderly folk. Sure he is sick but if you wanna give him a crutch and allow him to continue what he is doing then go ahead.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Keep calling the cops.

It's not a great situation. But it's the only way make sure that it's documented.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If he does not own the house where he lives. You can contact his landlord in writing . In many states you can hold a landlord at fault in a civil suit if they are renting to a disruptI've person. You might not win all that often. But you can take him to small claims court as often as you like . It will irritate the landlord and he might evict him .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
You have the right to a gun, so use it, before they all get taken away and you live in regret.

Seriously?

THIS!!!! AMERICA!!!

This! is why most of the rest of the world thinks you need to tighten up those gun laws.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Police don't prevent crimes, they clean up after them.

I understand your frustration and fear. We have several drug dealers in our neighborhood that do business on a nightly basis, one even living right next door. We had reported this over a month ago to local authorities and nothing has been done since then, even with visual confirmation of exchanges taking place. It's quite hypocritical with all the 'meth watch' signs around. Don't expect anything from cops. The best thing you can do is protect yourself and anyone you care about. How you do this is up to you, though having evidence of his actions beforehand would certainly help.

Welcome to the new age, where our perception of love is warped and all behavior is permissive with empathy.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The landlords can't do anything until my neighbor and I make a complaint to the police, and the police said "file a complaint."

And despite the evidence his social worker will probably get the complaints dropped, citing "mental illness" and while that is true he cannot get away with what he has done. He has to be committed or evicted, but nobody wants to do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Aaaannnd there it is. Feel sorry for the criminal, not the victim. That is why so many are on the street, instead of a mental health facility or jail. "He has a mental illness, so let's excuse his behavior and let it continue". Till....when? He actually uses that knife on a person? Maybe goes completely over the edge and kills a child? No. If he has a weapon and threatening people with it, you put his ass in jail. That attitude is why criminal walk away, only to offend again and again.

OP - I honestly don't know what to tell you. If this guy has gotten away with similar behavior so many times, it's unlikely he'll just stop on his own. It seems the bullying makes him feel like a big man and puffs up his ego. Bullies don't stop till someone makes them stop. I had a neighbor years ago with the same issues. A bit off, but knew perfectly well right from wrong and that all he had to do was use his "illness" as an excuse and he could get away with a warning or a night in the psych ward at the local hospital. I and a couple of the neighborhood Dads paid him a visit one weekend, when he began threatening the kids in the area.
He feel down a lot.
That's our story and we're sticking to it.
His attitude mysteriously got better after that.
This guy sounds dangerous and if the police won't help, It all comes down to: How badly do you want this to stop. and what are you willing to do to make it stop? Because, at some point, he's going to do more than slash tires.
edit on 14-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Never bluff.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Greathouse

The landlords can't do anything until my neighbor and I make a complaint to the police, and the police said "file a complaint."

And despite the evidence his social worker will probably get the complaints dropped, citing "mental illness" and while that is true he cannot get away with what he has done. He has to be committed or evicted, but nobody wants to do anything about it.

Well speaking as a landlord I have had this tactic used against me a couple times. It required no police report in small claims but the neighborhood did sign a petition .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Am I the only one here that thinks a baseball bat is the proper tool for the job here.

"He says I did what? He's crazy officer. Just ask his doctor."

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I'm English. Lol. That's normally my response. Lol

And if I was an american I would respond with "oh so you speak on behalf of the entire world". Lol.
edit on 14-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: rossacus

Seriously?

THIS!!!! AMERICA!!!

This! is why most of the rest of the world thinks you need to tighten up those gun laws.

Because of one comment on a forum?

I've had crap neighbors before luckily I ended up moving away. Not much you can do, guess string along a paper trail, or if things ever got too crazy, I suppose to just confront him with some people, if it escalates from there at least you can bring in the cops, I mean whats the other choice, submit to his behavior forever?
edit on 14-7-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join