It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge is power?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Do you want to be denied the sacraments? Do you want the possiblity of being denied a Catholic funeral or burial? Do you want to be ostracized from the Catholic church and it's community? How much do you actually love the faith, that you'd throw it all away to join the Freemasons.

The way you put it makes Catholicism sounds more like a cult that uses intimidation and mind control on its members rather than a religion dedicated to the worship of God.

Tell me, can you still drop some gold on the vatican and buy your way into heaven with a special dispensation?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hmmmm. It's interesting that CC uses threats and fear to keep the flock in line.
Personally, I'd take the "Bye-Bye Catholic Church" line if someone tried to intimidate me into doing something without offering me at least one good, reasoned explantion why I shouldn't do otherwise.

I totally agree with you DF1. What we have on display here is a cult mentality - "Do as I say or you go to Hell". No substance. No logic. Just the use of fear as a weapon.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
CC is correct, that's what excommunication means. Sounds bad, but is our choice to take it or leave it.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hey m8, thinking of joining the masons go on
as for chief councillor i have never heard anyone talk as much crap, the catholic church is deeply embroiled in masonary and even has a masonic temple in the vatican. The catholic church even started a organisation called p2 which resulted in the pope being killed and the vatican banker being killed a R oberto calve.
Do you want to live your life attached to a corrupt church or do what you want to do the decision is all yours

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave

as for chief councillor i have never heard anyone talk as much crap, the catholic church is deeply embroiled in masonary

The Catholics say the same thing about the Orange Order. Neither are correct.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
what are u saying masonic light that there are orangemen in the vatican? me being a mason also take it as gospel that there are masonic orders in the vatican have you read the brotherhood, also how many degrees does the pope take answer 33 check your worldwide web m8 and open your all seeing eye

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

me being a mason.............

I find this statement to be highly suspect. You do not show any of the honor that has been displayed the Brothers, not yours I would guess, here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
sorry masonic light i just cant understand why you defend these people when there sole aim is to destroy us. The muslim people refer to non muslims as the infidel, and the catholics refer to us as heretics and take oathes of slaying us, btw if you think im lying when the pope dies watch what sign the conclave makes when the are entering him down just before the smoke comes out the chimney fidelity fidelity fidelity

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
These are not the words of any kind of Mason I have ever come into contact with:

originally posted by Orangeman Dave
hi im just new on the site ive been reading about the knights, the knights are really a secret society with secrets, handshakes words and signs this makes them a secret society it takes place behind closed doors and no outsiders are allowed to watch they are a anti-protestant organization i have read there wicked oathe about killing protestants and ripping protestants from their wombs and smashing their skulls of walls and also refering to protestants and jews as heretics one of their degrees is inside congress in america which was obtained by a ex member this organization cannot be classed similar to masons as anyone of any standing can join masons while only catholics and until recently white catholics are allowed to join the knights the coloured people wishing to join were put into the knights of peter claver or something to this effect all in all they are a sectarian order anti masonic,jew and protestant politically motivated and backed by the rc church

Sorry dude, in no way do I buy that you are a Mason. Look up the word COWAN.

[edit on 12/29/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

what are u saying masonic light that there are orangemen in the vatican?

No, I'm saying that some in the Church have claimed that the Orange Order is Masonic in nature, when in fact it's not.

me being a mason also take it as gospel that there are masonic orders in the vatican have you read the brotherhood, also how many degrees does the pope take answer 33 check your worldwide web m8 and open your all seeing eye

I agree with Axeman, i.e., I seriously doubt a Mason would make such a statement. To begin with, Stephen Knight's book "The Brotherhood" is pure bunk, and all Masons are aware of that. Secondly, the pope "takes" zero Masonic degrees. This isn't surprising considering the fact that the pope is not a Mason, and the Church's rules require that Catholics who are Masons be excommunicated.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
masonic ligt do u want me to scan my 1st or entered apprentice degree, my 2nd fellow of the craft and my third or high and sublime degree or even my mark master degree but i dont think u get this degree in american masonry or u can even try or test me can u tie a bo?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you better tell all the catholics in scotland that are masons that they get excommunicated this is a load of bunk. My cousin is a master mason as well and he is rc and recently got his child baptised a rc it must be different where yous live!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

masonic ligt do u want me to scan my 1st or entered apprentice degree, my 2nd fellow of the craft and my third or high and sublime degree or even my mark master degree but i dont think u get this degree in american masonry or u can even try or test me can u tie a bo?

I'll one up you mate, here's my drivers license.

Anyone can post anything on the net. I give more credibillity to this picture than your words that do not sound like anyone elses in this forum. BTW, it hasn't escaped anyone that your spelling is sub-par, for a 12 year old. How close was I there?

Do you have anything to offer to this forum? I would kind of like a reply to my inquiry this time.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
intrepid, im having a debate a constructive debate, ok so you do not think im a mason fair enough. My spelling isnt that bad, i was never the greatest at english at school. But what i lack in one thing i gain in others. What constructive info do you want me to present to the site i have produced facts to be dissed by others can they prove these are not fact? regards

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

THIS is your idea of "constructive debate"?!?!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well I just bounced "fame" off of my 9 year old and she aced it. I find it hard to believe that someone with ANY degree would spell it wrong. I mean, I'm not great at math but I know that 2 +2 = 4.

So what's my problem? You come in here and post what MAY, pfft right, be false information and get everyone up in arms.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ok intrepid point taken, i was just want to see what info people had on this subject. I will stop posting on this issue and try and find some like-minded people on the site if any lol. I would like to get talking to some american freemasons if possible to find out how the work in the lodge is carried out. Brothers in arms a mans a man (robert burns)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
one last point ive noticed that intrepid spells honor which in queens english should be honour I forgot that American spelling is wrote as it sounds which is not the way the british spell. Maybe this is how you think my grammar is bad but give me the benefit of the doubt on this one

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm a UK mason and sorry, but I don't believe you at all either.
Why would you offer to scan ritual to prove yourself?

Getting back to the subject. Just because the Catholic Church may have problems with Masonry, and even if they are unfounded problems, a mason is aware that all religions are to be respected and that denigrating them only brings you down to the level where you are open to justified critisism yourself. Of course, we are only human as well, and it's very hard to resist sometimes, but open hostility is not Freemasonry.
And "The Brotherhood"? As a UK mason I have come up against this book time and time again. It is filled with false information and innuendo and is never used by masons as a book of truth with which to prove an argument.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

one last point ive noticed that intrepid spells honor which in queens english should be honour I forgot that American spelling is wrote as it sounds which is not the way the british spell. Maybe this is how you think my grammar is bad but give me the benefit of the doubt on this one

No. (please note correct spelling and the use of punctuation ".")

Grammar Monkeys, not just for the Queen's English anymore...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join