It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious.Welsh researcher looking for, evidence.+ a.trustful friendship.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sansipo

"Watches all the nervous sheeple run for cover"

I wouldn't worry about wind turbines, just the easiest renewable in the UK hence the ridiculous investment. Be comforted that each landowner should have a trust established by the operator to decommission them when the time comes, and it won't be long.

Solar isn't much use in UK right now but as panels get more effective and cheaper and batteries become more efficient three will be a change from large scale wind farms (which need extremely expensive infrastructure, to possible local town based ones with a better back up and small gas turbine.

Power lines or transmission fees make up about a third of your bill.

Plus wind and solar create a turbulent market, you can't rely on either, but tidal, if you get it right its guaranteed to come in and go out 4 times as day, every day!

And as far as the welsh mountains, I'll stick to the Cadair and surrounds, beautiful countryside in llanfihangel-y-pennant!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Welcome! Applaud you for caring deeply about your family, and in a sense mankind in general. I was on the phone for an hour recently navigating my way through a myriad of prompts one following after another just to pay a bill, and all I can say is that experience relates to your concerns about a human disconnect, so I can relate. All I wanted was a good old-fashioned voice on the other end of the telephone line. Oh, well. sigh. Just hang in there, and keep being there for the people who matter in your life.

<< 1   >>

join