It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about stargate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay so whenever the stargate is turned on it disintegrates everything infront of it right? So shouldnt that ramp they put through it be disintegrated every time its turned on? I mean it goes right through the circle.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ever listen to the words of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 theme?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Shh...hush little baby dont say a word. Mommys gonna buy you a Viper to keep your mouth shut. This little secret cant get out...K?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yea not only that if a wormhole is one way how comes they can pull part of a person out?
In Solitudes( i think they had a re-run two days ago) where carter and oneill get stuck in antartica why dont they dail ANOTHER address instead of repeatedly dialing earth?
Hullo if suspect your home for to not work you will maybe think its teh # you're dialing and try another right?
RAR RAR RAR i need more cofffeee

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
In Solitudes( i think they had a re-run two days ago) where carter and oneill get stuck in antartica why dont they dail ANOTHER address instead of repeatedly dialing earth?
Hullo if suspect your home for to not work you will maybe think its teh # you're dialing and try another right?
RAR RAR RAR i need more cofffeee

Thats what I thought!!! Every five seconds I said: DIAL ABYDOS!!! CARTER YOU SLIGHTLY HOT IDIOT!! DIAL ABYDOS!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah, we need a whole thread for "technical & continuity problems with Stargate..."

Guess this is it!

Okay, how come in the first episode of the series (not the movie) suddenly stargate travel freezes you, leaves ice cycles on your face and makes you fall over, but never again.

I also think Apophus travels 2 ways off the same wormhole in that one.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Okay, how come in the first episode of the series (not the movie) suddenly stargate travel freezes you, leaves ice cycles on your face and makes you fall over, but never again.

I think carter said she fixed something so you dont freeze. But it doesnt make sense for you NOT to freeze.

I also think Apophus travels 2 ways off the same wormhole in that one.

Yep! yep! Thats what i was thinking! YA CANT DO THAT YOU SNAKEHEAD!

Yeah, we need a whole thread for "technical & continuity problems with Stargate..."

Guess this is it!

Yea...this is fun!
In yesterday's episode( The one where kinsey turns gould) did anyone notice jackal statues all over the ship kinsey escaped to? Was that Anubis' ship then? What happened to him? I missed that episode?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In Stargate th movie O'neill sends one of Ra's guards through the rings back, although its only his head if I remember correctly. In sg-1 Carter explains the rings are actually short range stargates, and in atlantis one of the jumpers gets stuck in a stargate and when it would stop functioning only the back end of the ship would remain, because a stargate waits untill the complete object is submerged in the event horizon beforen transmitting it to the next. So the action in Stargate the movie is impossible.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good point rebelhero. Hope this is officialy the stargate wormhole bloopers thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think it is, I hav only started watching STargate atlantis since yesterday nut I'm catching up. I have seen the movie twice and I have seen all episodes of SG-1.

In response to the original question:
The explosion in the eventhorizon does desintegrate everyhting in its way, as explained in the episode SG-1 becomes prisoner on a prison planet. But they explain that is desintegrates everything DIRECTLY in its path. The explosion doesnt cover the entire event horizon, it is only from the centre to about 35 cm outside the actual stargate, which means placin something 20 cm inward that radius of the stargate yet not in the event hotizon it doesnt get desintegrated just as the ram doesn get desintegrated. In fact if you kept your eyes open, in the episode where people run nto the explosion, someones shoes remain on the floor after being desintegrated.

I hop you understand what I'm trying to say.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I found another one in Stargate Atlantis. The stargate atlantis is fully integrated in the floor, which means that the floor would be inside the eventhorizon. In SG-1 it is explained that if something is blocking the eventhorizon from forming it is impossible te create one. So Gate travel would be impossible.

top topics

join