It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven other state flags with confederate symbolism .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: Greathouse

Well, I'm convinced. All these flags are racist. We should ban them all. As a matter of fact, we should ban all the people who fly such flags. That's right, we'll just kick out the southern states from the US and make them survive as their own country, that'll show 'em! ...wait...

Actually where I saw this article started a firestorm of dialogue about just this. People on that site wanting the entire southeast to be forced to secede, or kicked out of the States. There is no underestimating people's stupidity.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Do you not see a distinct difference between Alabama and Florida flags versus the other 5 states you listed.

While I agree that the 'dixie cross' has become a symbol of hate for many, I just believe it should be noted that Alabama and Florida's Flags have different origins that many are unaware of.

Of course I see the links between them. This thread is designed to trap the hypocrites and the wires from the earlier threads on this debate .

Resoundingly The calls for the removal of the Confederate battle flag were for its Direct link to racism. The majority of the people debating against this claimed that there would be a march on everything Confederate and that the reasoning was a lie .

Like I said with The exception of Mississippi . None of the other flags show a direct link to racism as symbolized by the Confederate battle flag.

So any movement on them will support The claim that this issue is a attempt to effectively stifle any talk of the Civil War .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Why the need to attack people, its a childish tactic that dosent help your heroic movement, so like i said earlier go buy your chinese made confederate flags and wave them proud, thats the true american way.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Well, I'm convinced. All these flags are racist. We should ban them all. As a matter of fact, we should ban all the people who fly such flags. That's right, we'll just kick out the southern states from the US and make them survive as their own country, that'll show 'em! ...wait...

Actually where I saw this article started a firestorm of dialogue about just this. People on that site wanting the entire southeast to be forced to secede, or kicked out of the States. There is no underestimating people's stupidity.

I might be able to help you to understand his reply with one word .

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
...and people died for reasons including state rights .

Yeah, the right of states to enslave people.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Lets end this once and for all . Lets pick 52 colors randomly. Place them in a hat. Let each governor from each state pick a color from the hat. That color will be the state flag. No design , no other color. A state flag of solid color that they drew from the hat....

Won't work!

What if a Conservative state pulls the color "Pink"?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The civil war was in fact about the issue slavery. But that is you came to ahead to settle once and for all the nullification theorem .

I suggest you look into that some start with the Kentucky and Virginia resolutions written in part by Thomas Jefferson .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are these other flags OK or would you like to have them censured also ?

No one had the SC flag "censured". The state legislature voted to take it down. That's STATES' RIGHTS.

As regards these other flags, it's up to the STATE and really none of our business. They are FREE to have their flags. That's not censure, that's FREEDOM!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Mississippi Flag is the next target.

It has the most recognizable symbol.

@a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Look who's talking !!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes its me, Mr X propaganda master, thanks for bringing great stuff to another thread. Star and flag seeker lol

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Are these other flags OK or would you like to have them censured also ?

No one had the SC flag "censured". The state legislature voted to take it down. That's STATES' RIGHTS.

As regards these other flags, it's up to the STATE and really none of our business. They are FREE to have their flags. That's not censure, that's FREEDOM!

Here is the definition of the word I was referring to

Censure

verb
express severe disapproval of (someone or something), typically in a formal statement.
"a judge was censured in 1983 for a variety of types of injudicious conduct"

So no one expressed severe disapproval of the flag you've got to be kidding me ?

edit on 11-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So your saying you didint attack people before they posted, strange tactic your using, ive never seen it on ats before lol.

So serious go buy your chinese made flag, and show your american pride.

So your saying you didint attack people before they posted, strange tactic your using, ive never seen it on ats before

So you're saying this is the first time in the history of ATS people have been held to the original statements?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Oh wow, lets play a game, ill ask you a question, you dont answer and go around in circles.

Im serious go grab your american pride made in china.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Of course people have expressed disapproval of the flag, but the reason the flag was removed was because the state freely CHOSE to do it, for whatever reason. It's not like they were forced to. They are not victims of "censure".

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Oh wow, lets play a game, ill ask you a question, you dont answer and go around in circles.

Im serious go grab your american pride made in china.

You initiated the game so I reciptrcated.

Absolutely no circles involved. I answered your previous question you replied with a question without answering mine .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

But that is you came to ahead to settle once and for all the nullification theorem .

What?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Of course people have expressed disapproval of the flag, but the reason the flag was removed was because the state freely CHOSE to do it, for whatever reason. It's not like they were forced to. They are not victims of "censure".

Censure occurred when people as supplied by my definition took extreme disapproval upon the flag in the South Carolina house and senate .

Yup they voted for removal but censure occurred on the floors during debate .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Where did you answer my question, dont change man its easy to see coming you from a mille , nothing got banned, you still own your guns, no fema camps for you, now be a proud american and go buy your flag made in china, ill wait for your pics and show us your new flags lol.
edit on 11-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join