It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the largest human experiments in history..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

San Francisco's fog is famous, especially in the summer, when weather conditions combine to create the characteristic cooling blanket that sits over the Bay Area.

But one fact many may not know about San Francisco's fog is that in 1950, the US military conducted a test to see whether it could be used to help spread a biological weapon in a "simulated germ-warfare attack." This was just the start of many such tests around the country that would go on in secret for years.

The test was a success, as Rebecca Kreston explains over at Discover Magazine, and "one of the largest human experiments in history."

But, as she writes, it was also "one of the largest offenses of the Nuremberg Code since its inception."

The code stipulates that "voluntary, informed consent" is required for research participants, and that experiments that might lead to death or disabling injury are unacceptable.

The unsuspecting residents of San Francisco certainly could not consent to the military's germ-warfare test, and there's good evidence that it could have caused the death of at least one resident of the city, Edward Nevin, and hospitalized 10 others.

This is a crazy story; one that seems like it must be a conspiracy theory. An internet search will reveal plenty of misinformation and unbelievable conjecture about these experiments. But the core of this incredible tale is documented and true.

Over the next 20 years, the military would conduct 239 Germ-warfare " tests over populated areas, according to news reports from the 1970s (after the secret tests had been revealed) in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and other publications (via Lexis-Nexis), and also detailed in congressional testimony from the 1970s.

When Edward Nevin III, the grandson of the Edward Nevin who died in 1950, read about one of those early tests in San Francisco, he connected the story to his grandfather's death from a mysterious bacterial infection. He began to try to convince the government to reveal more data about these experiments. In 1977, they released a report detaling more of that activity (PDF LINK).

Serratia marcescens turns bread red as a bacterial colony grows.

Their is plenty more to read Here

My thoughts , Pissed , disgusted ....

Just more of a reason for me not to trust my Gov.

Thoughts ?

Kap

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
Already posted. Sorry.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You put the pictures in though. I didn't. S&F.
edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: eta and edit

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Perfect , I am sure a Mod will be by soon to shut her down.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
At what point is the general populace going to stand up and say enough is enough?.
It must be run by a load of actual psychopaths because I couldn't be any part of something like this.
Maybe it has been done to us all to make us docile?.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
At what point is the general populace going to stand up and say enough is enough?.
It must be run by a load of actual psychopaths.

No sheeit sherlock.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You should frame your colored text as external source content. Its confusing.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

join