It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What do you think was the cause of the Kelly-Hopkinsville encounter in which a family reported a home invasion of silver-clad beings? Personally, with so many credible witnesses and no word to the contrary to this day among them, I believe that this family was actually met by a group of alien life forms. For anyone unfamiliar, here's a link to the account:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria

This story has been around forever in UFO lore. The first time I read it was an enquirer article waaay back.

The trouble I have is its too active, in other words they attack and keep coming back despite shooting at them, theres no tracks anywhere (that I haven't heard anyone question that escapes me) and what about the landing site in the quarry?

No investigation for forensics.

The cops arrive and don't see anything except damage from gunfire. Maybe they just thought the family was up to their usual tricks. I don't know what they were like, that part of the narrative is missing?

Troubled with this one.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The hopkinsville goblin was the very first ever alien encounter i heard about when i was a kid.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Classic response.

Did the investigators find any of the following items in the area:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I suspect that there are parts of it that the witnesses kept to themselves because they were involved in something illegal.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Classic response.

Did the investigators find any of the following items in the area:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Would have been my first response. Some metallic looking beings trying to enter my home. Dang skippy. They gonna be a stream of lead and a world of hurt rainin down on em. Of course they are ignorant of breaking and entering laws. But , ignorance of the law is no excuse..

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19554396]EA006[/post
What a really silly answer. Oh, yes we're brewing moonshine or manufacturing drugs let's make a story up about aliens and phone the police. Then we'll have to cover up the moonshine and the drugs before the police arrive.
Come on think about your answers.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It [could have been a band of wayward ETs or their minions that got lost or our of hand. We are at the crossroads of the living galaxy, you know. Or that last batch of corn likker could have gone bad.

Seriously, this story reminds me of a person experience. When I was a kid, this was about 1952--when UFOs were actually buzzing the White House, my buddies and I were out after dark and had noticed searchlights lighting up the bottoms of a partly cloudy, Moonless night. Traveling carnivals all had these old military surplus searchlights to light up the sky and give notice that they were at the fair grounds. Suddenly, we heard a shotgun blast, and a bit later, another. So we raced over to see who was shooting what? We found a neighbor man out on the road with his shot gun. He said, "Do you see that thing?"

Yeah. we definitely did see it. It was the searchlight hitting the bottoms of the clouds and making a light smear. He said, "That thing followed us home from town."

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's actually coming up to the 60th anniversary of the Kelly case.

There's an entertaining video about it all as well as long as you have a YT account.

There are also a number of threads of varying quality on this incident.

One of the better ones is : The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, 1955, Family Terrorised By Alleged ET's

Did they ever search for the spent bullets that supposedly hit these creatures?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
The hopkinsville goblin was the very first ever alien encounter i heard about when i was a kid.

Mine too ! I remember watching a special on TV ( I think it was Unsolved Mysteries or something like that) about it and that is what got me interested in UFO"s in the first place. I always wondered if that really did happen and how scary it must have been for an entire family to go through such an event.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Pretty funny.

Especially that.

Or that last batch of corn likker could have gone bad.

Hillbilly silvery aliens on the roof. Blam, Blam!

Git em Paw, Yee haw!

Thanks for that searchlight story, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What a really silly answer. Oh, yes we're brewing moonshine or manufacturing drugs let's make a story up about aliens and phone the police. Then we'll have to cover up the moonshine and the drugs before the police arrive.
Who says they made it up? Drinking and drugs can make one's behavior less than completely rational though, so for you to suggest that they would behave in a completely rational manner even if drinking was involved is not an entirely rational claim.

Here's an interesting take on the case:

skeptoid.com...

"In summary, allowing for the heightened expectation prompted by the earlier "flying-saucer" sighting, and for the effects of excitement and nighttime viewing, it seems likely that the famous 1955 Kelly incident is easily explained by a meteor and a pair of territorial owls. What a hoot!"

Could it really have been just owls? Well, of course we'll never know. It's certainly one possibility, and seems consistent with the reports. Another possibility is that strange creatures with unprecedented superpowers, never before or since sighted in the vicinity, with no evident motive, toyed with the Sutton clan one night in 1955. No evidence was found either way. This is one for the folklore files.

originally posted by: EA006

That's the TV show "UFO" in a nutshell. Even in the episode where the alien was trying to be friendly, they shot the alien. Apparently aliens are for shooting at.

edit on 2015710 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

I didn't say they were making either. I asked if they found any.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I suspect that there are parts of it that the witnesses kept to themselves because they were involved in something illegal.

Wow that is something that would definitely have relevance to the story. Is there any evidence that corroborates that theory? I have always found this story fascinating, I think the first time I ever heard of it was through Timothy Good. But I never heard the theory of them being involved in illegal activities. Not sure how that would even help them really. But thanks in advance if you can share.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Wow that is something that would definitely have relevance to the story. Is there any evidence that corroborates that theory? I have always found this story fascinating, I think the first time I ever heard of it was through Timothy Good. But I never heard the theory of them being involved in illegal activities. Not sure how that would even help them really. But thanks in advance if you can share.

A researcher interviewed a Kentucky state trooper that investigated who thought there was drinking involved, which if there was, would you be willing to rule out that a house that doesn't have running water might have a still? It's speculation but I wouldn't say wild speculation.

Siege of ‘Little Green Men’: The 1955 Kelly, Kentucky, Incident

In addition to those who thought it was a hoax, some attributed the affair to alcohol intoxication. I talked with one of the original investigators, former Kentucky state trooper R.N. Ferguson (2005), who thought people there had been drinking, although he conceded he saw no evidence of that at the site. He told me he believed the monsters “came in a container” (i.e., a can or bottle of alcohol).
Or a moonshine jug? Who knows?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thank you for posting that, I shall read more forthwith!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thank you for posting that, I shall read more forthwith!

The more you read on this incident, the easier it will be to dismiss skeptical attempts to label this as a mass hallucination driven by alcohol. The idea that these family members conspired to concoct a hoax is equally unsupportable.

To me, the most believable explanation is that these people saw what they say they saw. It's the only thing that fits all the facts.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Thank you too, as I said, I will read more.
You see I remember this case from being more or less a child, I think the early 80's or so when I was between 12-15 more or less, so perhaps my idea of it being timothy good was mistaken, I am not sure.
What DID strike me was the story, such a horror show for the family, and there were many witnesses from the story I read so long ago. That is why I wanted to catch up and find any information I was unaware of.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That was very entertaining, thanks.

You will note of course, that there was mention of
a glowing residue where one of the 'creatures'
had stood.

Why would a purely 'physical creature' leave
a glowing residue?

Why they almost certainly wouldn't.

Those simple farm folk of that era would NEVER
have mentioned such a thing, even if it WAS a hoax.

The real 'mystery' is seldom discussed, just all this
UFO or UFO hoax stuff.

Kev

Kev

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

You will note of course, that there was mention of a glowing residue where one of the 'creatures' had stood. Why would a purely 'physical creature' leave a glowing residue?

This was supposedly caused by "Foxfire" or "fairy fire" caused by a bio-lumiscent fungus.

Well that is if you believe the sceptics.

My comment earlier about the spent bullets was because if so many had been shot at theses creatures and bounced off of them then surely collecting them all could maybe have proved they actually hit something!

edit on 11/7/15 by mirageman because: fun guy to fungi

top topics

<<   2 >>

join