It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not a scientist but opinionated about science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I got the utmost respect for scientist, the many dangers and their work but especially the capability to spend hours, year after year to test and verify their data to prove a point. My scatter brain will go mad doing the same thing over and over again, but that said, if it wasn’t for you, I would not have the knowledge to become opinionated. Brilliant! I thank you.
Then I see a picture and form an opinion. If I explain the picture to my friends most of them can see it. But if science can find one thing they cannot prove, it will be discarded. So I call it a hypothesis to play safe. Now it not discarded, only put on the back-burner, and maybe an Einstein brain will come along, find it interesting and take it up to a theory level. Then all of a sudden it is in a danger zone; you will be attacked by different theory holders. They will even speculate that you used the wrong color lipstick while calculating, if possible. Holy cow!

Hi to the Plate-tectonics that formed our high mountain ranges. You still want me to believe you had the strength to push mountains without crumbling and earthquakes that high against gravity? Maybe, just maybe the massif unconfirmed craters we hear nothing about, yes the one’s that went right through the Earths crust seen from satellites had something to do with it. Boy o boy that must have been some impressive hits. Thanx Sunwolf. Oh darn! I forgot scientist don’t touch alternative possibilities; it will damage your name. Oops! I even see ATS have a couple (He, he I mean Trolls)

Sorry guys and girls just couldn’t resist the climate spectacle. In 1842 a book by Joseph Alphonse Adhemar called Revolutions of the Sea saw a picture about the correlation of warming and cooling between the Sun and Earth’s orbit. Discarded, totally misinterpreted (but the picture was there). Then in 1864 James Croll did some impressive calculations and added more detail. Again it was discarded, not the full concept but the picture became clearer. And then Milankovitch went a step further and became the man who was eventually credited with this theory. In 1924 Milankovitch added all three cycles of Earths variations but couldn’t prove a triggering point for the start or stop of periods. It was only after technology advanced and reliable data set became available that science couldn’t ignore his findings anymore. But although the cyclic correlation is undisputable from different data-sets the calculated effects are too small to start or stop warming/cooling and the 100,000 year eccentricity cycle only became the most prominent around the last million years (would be interesting to know what Mr. Orion Spur threw at our Solar System around 1.2+ million years ago). But science needs a triggering point and starts looking at additional influences. Bingo! It’s the atmosphere and then my “Emiliani Syndrome” was born. He was actually an excellent scientist that stood by his conclusions; others ran with it making me call it a syndrome. It’s us and our cows causing this greenhouse releases in the atmosphere that will cause an irreversible runaway towards a Venus type planet! Now we can argue till we are blue in the face from the coming Ice-age. I will not budge and just throw in angular motion and resonating cycles (still in progress) in my cyclic type of approach. The missing trigger can only be our Sun. So who is right?

Have a go, I’m learning

edit on 1C152015-07-10T02:37:50-05:00FridayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: And some

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

Have a go, I’m learning

The good news? So is science. It isn't a belief, it's an ever changing world of data. Science changes when theories become proven fact. It also changes when theories become dis-proven fact

Welcome to the world of science

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

Hi to the Plate-tectonics that formed our high mountain ranges. You still want me to believe you had the strength to push mountains without crumbling and earthquakes that high against gravity?

For this bit, I recommend taking a pile of sand or dirt, and scrunching it together with your hands. According to that logic gravity will just make the dirt/sand fly off sideways, not go up, cuz y'know gravity.

new topics

join