It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intercepts Russian bombers off coast of Alaska, California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Washington (CNN)The same day that Russian President Vladimir Putin sent congratulations to the White House to mark July 4, the U.S. military was tracking Russian bombers off the coast of Alaska and California.

The U.S. military performed two intercepts of Russians aircraft, though they never entered U.S. airspace, according to a U.S. military official.

The official told CNN that while the U.S. intercepts were routine from a military point of view, the Pentagon views it as Putin "sending a message" to the U.S. on Independence Day, especially because of the congratulatory message to President Barack Obama.

U.S. intercepts Russian bombers off coast of Alaska, California

I don't actually know what the hell this means.

Just didn't see it posted yet.

Kind of makes a person say, "ut oh" though. doesn't it?
edit on 7/9/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This may just be an update to this: Russian Bombers Fly Near US on July 4th

Please close thread if so. I may have lost a few days this week

edit on 7/9/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not really, aside from the fact that they do this routinely i will say that it does lack imagination. Give us some Humanzee, Zombie Weapon, Sleep Experiment type stuff. Just like when the stories about the US and the USSR were actually scary.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yeah, it's kind of ho hum for those of us who grew up during the hot days of the cold war maybe. That plus the media's whole "something's gonna happen on the 4th of July thing" hype.

I am def not very good at following the news these days. Maybe it's zombie-ism setting in. Probably should have just added this as an update to the other thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah this happens alot, just Russia flexing at the US

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And about the image being used in the OP? WTFIT all about?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is common. I don't understand the hype of it when nowadays a first strike would be launched by subs by either side.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A lot of these types of flights are teasers, designed to learn about defenses. Like, if the US has developed some new radar system, this could cause the US to light it up so they can learn something about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Is that a Raffy of an EF?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

People in power act like kids on a playground. Flexing their muscle? Both countries have nukes, I think the last thing they need to do is antagonize each other! While governments use their military to try to instigate a conflict, the lives of innocent people in both countries don't mean squat.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

top topics

join