It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States v.s. Iran.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What do you all think would be the outcome of a war between the United States and Iran? Personally, I think Iran would get ripped up by the U.S., but what do you think?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well, if Iran actually intends on winning, they better have terrorists in the U.S. armed with briefcase nukes (atleast a hundred), and they better strike down all of our major targets (including political, military, and perhaps some major civilian).

Edit: Of course since we have many bases all over the world, they would need to take those out as well. Such a large scale operation would be near impossible..

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"Well, if Iran actually intends on winning, they better have terrorists in the U.S. armed with briefcase nukes (atleast a hundred), and they better strike down all of our major targets (including political, military, and perhaps some major civilian).

Edit: Of course since we have many bases all over the world, they would need to take those out as well. Such a large scale operation would be near impossible.. "

lol, what the # are you talking about?

a war in Iran would be a mistake for the US, unlike with Iraq, the Iranian army would certainly defend their land, as would the civilian population, of course if the USwas prepared to take casualties in the many thousands, but it would take a very long time, and i don't believe America would have much help, even from Britain.

Attero, you are basically saying Iran would have to destroy all of the US army to survive, lay off the crack son, if they killed half of the deployed troops, the US would give up, the public over there would be mortified.

American soldiers aren't trained well enough, if they spent more money on man to man training, they would be a formidable force, but they're not.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The military today is weak.

It relies on air power and technology.

The soldier is becoming a machine.

Not a warrior.

One day the two will clash.

Just as they do in the Terminator series.

In time.

In time.

As for now, well we are not going to attack Iran.

Not like we did Iraq.

I think that the only battles we will see in Iran will be by revolutionaries of the democratic system.

Why would the US ruin that oppurtunity???

It was only some 25 years ago that the last great revolution happened.

Why would we allow it not to happen again???

That is a drastic change for a country.

20 years.

20 years!!!!!!

From militant Islam to democratic idealism in just 20 years???

That is amazing.

We are not going to ruin all that.

Would we???

Abe

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I like crack....

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
I like crack....

That is what we need here at ATS.

People like you who are able to do as you just did are very mature.

That shows much emotional intelligence.

This attitude helps to ease the tension and loosen the grip on the conversation.

It allows for flexability.

That is good, because here at ATS we strive for adversity.

We need that in the topics that can handle so much more than we offer them at times.

We should get back to the topic.

We should move on.

That is what we will do.

So how many think that revolution is bound to be???

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think there will be a revolution as long as the US is threatening. If the US backs off and let the people of Iran choose then maybe things will change. And, even if there is revolution it won't be a US friendly government that replaces the current system. We must keep in mind that the largest portion of folk in Iran are Shia and support Palestine too aware of the fact that the US gives billions to Israel and turns a shady blind eye to on going settlement building in the West Bank.

Iran would be a tricky target so far a propaganda. it's stand on liberation was easily accepted during the Iraq War because Saddam had already been painted as a "MAD MAN ADDICTED TO WMD". I wonder what they will come up with if Iran truly becomes a hot target.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Technically, we could walk right in there any time we want to. The Western military machine has no equal on this planet.

Politically. Who knows?......

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The USA would win since, there is no military might that can challenge ours and win. Iran would be harder though since they were not as opressed as Iraq, and we migth not get as many civilian support and the army would be more organized. Still we'd prevail.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Air Power and technology are the keys to winning any war in the modern age. With out it europe would still be under the Nazi's or communist and Japan would probally have invaded the United States. Western militaries would NOT be as powerful as they are today without Air Power and Technology. If there is a war in Iran it will be over just as quickly as the First Gulf War. Its the same thing in Korea. Iran and Korea have old soviet made military technology. Militarily the United States will win any war it fights. The only question is can we win every war politicalty. The only reason our military is weak is the result of having a Communist run the country for 8 years and cutting money for defence not to mention he lied openly to the American people when he was chasing that cow. The United States needs money for Defence and Education...but lets not get into the education part now. Revolutions will probally never happen in Iran. MOre power to 'em if they do happen. A country should be run by just laws written by a congress not by religious fundamentalist who base there laws on something that might or might not of happened.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Where are the posts raging against the countries such as Iran, Iraq (earlier) with laws based upon fundamentalist idealogy, yes I would include Saudi Arabia, Pakistan in this mix.

Well, back to this subject, US would win. I do not think this would to combat, there is an underlying democratic movement, we just need to move/nudge it along.

democracy-it's a good thing

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Outcome: Thousands of innocents dead. A few dozen corrupt Americans richer. Lots of debate at ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You said that more war-mongering from the US would result in no revolution in Iran and that if we were not so threatening then the Iranian's would revolt.

Yet I think the exact opposite.

I think that the more the Iranians fear an attack the more willing they will be to revolt.

You have to remember that our enemy in Iran is the government, especially the high cabinet.

So in my opinion the more they fear us the less they will fear them, them being the Iranian government.

Then again it could go either way.

What does everyone else think about this.

War mongering by the US=revolt by Iranians
or
War mongering by the US=no revolt

Which one fits????

Abraham

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Pretty much replay the Iraq invasion, but add in the fact that Iran will likely get some planes up (still quite a mystery in Iraq, that they didn't). Still won't amount to much though, as they'd pretty much get their arses handed to them on a silver plate....

However, it would be political suicide for us to do so, and would pretty much ensure that even Al Sharpton would get elected over Shrub then, so I don't think we'll see it....at least not in this current term. Next term? All bets are off....

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
thank you poker bob. its nice to know that im not the only one that thinks that way

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
political mistake and a military victory this would turn everyone against them and they wud prolly get attacked by terrorism much worse than 9/11

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
USA 2 - Hussein 1

USA 1 - Iran 1

bin Laden 3 - USA 0

Israel yet to play

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
hey masked avatar? are you an american?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
KrazyIvan

Not a US citizen, no.

Are you a crazy Commie pinko bastard?

J/K.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i was just wondering. true there are wealthy people in the united states. its called capitalism. and i love it. second. civilians get killed in war. it happens. luckly its not like wwII where cities were carpet bombed. we have the technology to minimize civilian casulties. however they can not be avoided. non combatants have been killed ever sence warfare has been on this planet. its a sad fact but itll never go away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join