It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The American ‘stealth' planes are a publicity stunt" - Russian General

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Zaphod58

There's no way to make it truly invisible,

Yet .

YES. Convince them what exists DOES NOT ACTUALLY EXIST [its impossible]; this argument is happening before my eyes with intelligent people debating a given fact. Change the profile, kill the specie; its all the same and human ingenuity can accomplish this.

Speaking from a strictly science point of view we have the ability to do a lot with 'EM radiation. In fact we can make things invisible at night by preventing scattering. We can make things that can't be seen by specific apectrums. And moving forward with carbon nanotubes we may be able to make a truly invisible plane. The technology is here now it's a matter of inplimenting it. To do this on something that can fly requires comprimises. But I see not to far in the future this won't be the case.

We can do this with sound waves blasted below the 40 HZ level of the heatbeat; you can kill people with sound waves. EM radiation; is it fair (in a time of war sure; as if ricin is fair play .0006 parts per million lethal dose/the applicators would most likely kill themselves accidently). I don't see Iran compromising; I see them roasting some hotdogs on a grill.

Sound waves are vibrations of air. You can kill with things like percussion blasts literally air pounding into you. But your not going to make a speaker that can kill someone sorry.

How did the walls of Jericho fall; by the use of the metaphorical 'trumpet'. Never imagined it as a Klipschorn theater style speaker (although I almost lost my hearing at a "Red Hot Chili Peppers" concert at the Riviera in Chicago (two days of ear ringing).
edit on 9-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

No, stealth isn't invisible, it's just hard to detect. They detected it at fairly short range, well within the range that the F-117 could have killed them with a PGM.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Whereismypassword

We have one side banking on offensive aircraft and another counter measures
A war between Russia and NATO would not be fought with only aircraft.

Indeed - back in the cold war the WarPac forces massively outnumbered NATO forces - many of the tanks were older models....but there were certainly a lot of them.
Now Russian armed forces are outnumbered by NATO in all significant categories, and if a "real" shooting war broke out Russia would be much like Japan in 1941-42 - able to make impressive advances at the beginning, but always
going to lose in the long run

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Whereismypassword

We have one side banking on offensive aircraft and another counter measures
A war between Russia and NATO would not be fought with only aircraft.

Indeed - back in the cold war the WarPac forces massively outnumbered NATO forces - many of the tanks were older models....but there were certainly a lot of them.
Now Russian armed forces are outnumbered by NATO in all significant categories, and if a "real" shooting war broke out Russia would be much like Japan in 1941-42 - able to make impressive advances at the beginning, but always
going to lose in the long run

Russia still has a lot of tanks. Not sure how many are operational. But Russia does have a significant military at their disposal what they don't have is a well trained army.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not to mention that was first gen. stealth. Modern RCS keeps shrinking like my bank account.

.....which happens a lot.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I almost made a bag of popcorn reading this entire thread!!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

As for the S400 and S500 claims, yes, the F-22 can be seen by both of them. Stealth doesn't make a plane invisible, it decreases the detection range, to the point where the stealth aircraft can get its weapons off first. Of course Russia is going to claim that their systems work great against the best out there. It's a marketing ploy. They've never gone against an F-22 in any capacity, let alone one that was trying to hide from them, so there's no way to know how they're going to do.

That's a good point. Remember, the Israelis flew into Syria undetected in 2007 and bombed a nuclear reactor using "non-stealth" F-16s and F-15s.
edit on 11-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join