It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World - Is It Really That Bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I like this stuff. Sort of discussing whether Armageddon is really all it's cracked up to be or will we just fizzle out rather than all die in a cataclysmic rain of fire and brimstone.
That would really annoy all the Christian fundies, many of whom are already orgasmic at the talk of the "end times" having already started.

Well, they can leave me out of it. I'm gonna survive and offer my services in a repopulation effort subsequent to any catastophic worldwide depopulation event (I like to help where I can)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Roaches, lampry, alligators, certain types of fish, even some mammels have been around far longer than humans have. We're no where near being the longest living species on the planet.

Humans don't need to be killed of either. We just need to change our ways.

df1

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I just hope its quick

Well, I don't want it to end too quick, as I'd like the opportunity to watch it end on my big screen television. I think they should do a couple weeks of promos leading up to it. This really going to be big.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris I think that dying at the end of the world would be a privledge, because I would be there to experience the end of humanity.

A priviledge? Who would care, everyone else would be dead and so would you.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't really think it is going to be the 'end' of the world. I believe that there will be major devastating changes in the world. I think many may be lost but in there will still be survivors.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by mysticshadow]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Those who call for the destruction of their world
are not calling for it's destruction; but their own.
Those who call upon their own destruction only do so
to escape reality. Alas, they cannot. For reality
is only their own reflection, that is reflected in everything
around them.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I agree, I don't want to be around when the time comes...although, I'm increasingly thinking about it because the world events have become more and more shocking as they days go by (e.g. - the tusnami, 9/11, Bush's reelection, etc.)
If the world does end in my lifetime, I think it would be the mass hysteria and panic...and being surrounded by total chaos and not being able to go anywhere or do a damn thing about it. Just think about it, where would you go? The highways would be jammed up, the airports...packed....(even if you had your own airplane, there would be so much sky traffic in the air you would most likely crash into another plane with people that had the same idea). I guess the only thing you could do is just wait it out in the basement with the ones you love and die with them. Scary thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ahh yes, Death.

Well I do have to admit that watching the look on some people's face's when they realize whatever religion they believed in is non-existent would be rather amusing.
But then again if we were dead I couldn�t do that, since no one, or any part of anyone would exist.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting nihilistic attitude. After all, the end of our existence wouldn't matter to the universe, would it?

We surely suck as a species. We take whatever we want without ever thinking about consequences. Having us vanish would be great for planet earth.

On the other hand i still believe that we all can do something to make our world better. Maybe we just need some more time to realize that it's all up to us?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't believe that the world itself will ever end per say. I do believe that the world as we know it, and the way we live now, must end, and will. I feel it will happen sometime in this century but that's just me lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
im not religious, but sometimes i pray for a car crash, pray the plane im in will crash, pray a car will hit me, pray for a gun to my head. praying for the end of the world...nah that's more one of my wishes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join