It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World - Is It Really That Bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Would the end of the world be really that bad? I mean, we die eventually, so how is it that bad? I think that dying at the end of the world would be a privledge, because I would be there to experience the end of humanity.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I agree, in some way, we are going to all die eventually, but I would rather die of old age than die watching the world end around me.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't see it as all that bad.....actually, it's time we were wiped out.....we're a mess as a species!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I don't see it as all that bad.....actually, it's time we were wiped out.....we're a mess as a species!

We destroy everything and make it hard for anything else to survive. We probably deserve to be wiped out

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticshadow
We destroy everything and make it hard for anything else to survive. We probably deserve to be wiped out

Agree'd. We need to be destroyed

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So, when do you think its going to end?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what "I" think or anyone else...no one can predict that and to try to do so is ridiculous. Time after time after time on this site we see silly predictions...not one has ever panned out...never...and won't.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I always feel that as the longest lasting species on earth, eventually we will consumed all our resources and nature will take back what has given us freely.

When the time comes nature will eliminated us completely or will diminish our numbers substantially and earth will regenerate and the cycle will Begin again.

The end will not come on our life time, but eventually it will come I feel sad for the ones that will have to experience those last days of the human race.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I assume that it will happen very soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I always feel that as the longest lasting species on earth, eventually we will consumed all our resources and nature will take back what has given us freely.

I though that like the roaches or something were the oldest species.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ya know, I agree. "We" need a cleasning. We have totally shifted the planets natural balance... however, it has become increasingly hard to accept "the end of times" as "cool to be apart of" .. just like the excitment I used to feel as a kid when a lightning storm would pass by.

Why? because everynight I put my one year old son to sleep, place him in his crib and stare at him wondering, thinking. No I don't want to be around for "the end of times"... no it wouldn't be cool to be apart of. He deserves (as do all children) better than what we have...

I dont pray nor will I start to but I must say since my sons birth... I have hope.

JAK

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, although it looks as though I may be going against popular opinion I would have to disagree, it is bad.

Every day I endevour to make this world a little better in whatever way I can, through whatever way I can. The reason stares me in the face every morning - my daughter. I want her to have a better life than me, what other aspirations would a parent have? In her turn I'm sure she will desire a better life for her children.

Will her children play their part in advancing the human race to a stage where war is not waged upon others for financial gain? Who knows, but it is her and her future that keeps me going, that I struggle for daily. I hope that I will be able to see my daughters children and their children learn and experience the joys that life can offer.

So would it be bad in my eyes? Yes, because it's also where I keep all my stuff.

Who knows how fantastic the future may be? If we put our minds to it I believe the possibiities for us as a species are unimaginable.

Jack

[edit on 27/12/04 by JAK]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We've got a long way to go to earn that mantle....

Take for instance the lowly Lamprey (one of those fish that clamp on to other fish like sharks, etc.). It's been virtually unchanged for over 250 million years!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So many ways that the Earth will end.

But one thing is simple.

We're all screwed anyways

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think only the ones that do not have an elevated consciousness as a human or a spiritual one, are not ready to continue in this planet, that is for the good of the humans, and for all the others species and the planet.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
"We" need a cleasning. We have totally shifted the planets natural balance...

To offer perspective, whos to say the planet hasn't impeded our natural balance and subsequent evolution......There are too many egos on this planet for the end to even be a consideration; why do we have environmental scientists or any scientists for that matter?.....The more knowledge we have the more control we may exert and that in a nutshell isthe name of the game

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Serum39
"We" need a cleasning. We have totally shifted the planets natural balance...

To offer perspective, whos to say the planet hasn't impeded our natural balance and subsequent evolution......There are too many egos on this planet for the end to even be a consideration; why do we have environmental scientists or any scientists for that matter?.....The more knowledge we have the more control we may exert and that in a nutshell isthe name of the game

Impeded our natural balance and evolution? How so? Didn't we "evolve" within the paramaters of this planet? I thought we "physically speaking" are a product of the planets evolution... but I digress. That wasn't the point of my post.

I was simply stating that I no longer perceive "the end of times" as something I'm previlaged to be apart of. And btw, I am not even saying that it WILL happen- just that I don't want it to.

And I happen to agree with you on the ego/control thing. But please it is foolish to think that those in power driven by egos wont shoot themselves in the foot at somepoint . Hello Bush? Iraq?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

I though that like the roaches or something were the oldest species.

No, compare to dinosaurs or other large mammals we have survived the longest, roaches are insects.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think the end for us is coming soon, but not for the world or planet- This old dinasaur we call earth will be around to breed more humans only to go thru the entire cycle again. I just hope its quick

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You all should get out and get some air... the world will not end. There is no way to predict the end of the world and enough with the 'we deserve to die anyway' attitude. Just because you feel guilty or inadequate about yourself doesn�t mean we all have to go with you...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join