It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nation Of Islam.......Questions....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi, this is a question to US citizens.......

I watched a programme about New York last night, Clive Anderson visiting New York and its sites....the Bronx, etc. etc. Anyway he interviewed 'a person' (with a entourage of bodyguards...or wanna be bodyguards), and this person was a representative of the Nation of Islam.This person put across some pretty extreme views, Segregation, Black only States etc.etc.

My question is - how credible is this group? How is the movement viewed in the light of 9/11?

Thanks
Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is a racest of the racest group. They make the KKK look like boyscouts. Their history goes back to the Black Panthers, a underground, anti-american group from the 60's. Unfortunately they do attract a sizable following.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Hi, this is a question to US citizens.......

I watched a programme about New York last night, Clive Anderson visiting New York and its sites....the Bronx, etc. etc. Anyway he interviewed 'a person' (with a entourage of bodyguards...or wanna be bodyguards), and this person was a representative of the Nation of Islam.This person put across some pretty extreme views, Segregation, Black only States etc.etc.

My question is - how credible is this group?

They're part of the black power movement, in a way. As to 'credible', well, civil rights for alll races were put forward because of Martin Luther King and
his groups, not the Nation of Islam nor the Black Panthers, so as far as 'credible', well, they've never done anything nationally so in a sense they're not very credible.

Also, the Nation of Islam is not a mainstream muslim group. Islam was founded by the prophet mohammed, specifically he is the last prophet, there are not to be anymore receiving divine revelation or 'prophethood' after him. The Nation of Islam was founded by a black man who claims to be a new prophet. So there is a tension there.

How is the movement viewed in the light of 9/11?

I think that its seen as whacky, but not that whacky.

Dr horacid
They make the KKK look like boyscouts

Really? The Nation lynches white people in the streets? Drags them out of their homes and murders them, forms mobs and hangs them? No, it does not. The Nation of Islam is a racist group to be sure, hell, they're anti-desegregation, and one can argue about them relative to the KKK, but they don't make them look like 'boyscouts'. Unless the boyscouts you know do something really weird.

Their history goes back to the Black Panthers, a underground, anti-american group from the 60's.

I think that they were around before the panthers. They're both militant black power groups of course.

new topics

join