It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
now i just gotta find out which train track is the "Old tracks" so i will know where to sit and wait..

That's the key. Find the right track ... and remember the 'daylight savings time' time difference (if there is one)

I was told by some folks out by the Strausburg Railroad (where the Lincoln Funeral Train went by originally) that to 'get lucky' with this the key is to find old-timers who work the rails and ask them about it.

Out in Strausburg, the train went by originally during daylight hours and when there are lots of people around (now). Ghost hunting there was impossible. Same kind of thing in S. Philly. MANY tracks .. lots of activity .. and daylight. Ghost hunting there stank.

Suggestion - take something to read the temperature (it's supposed to get cold when the train passes) and take a watch with a second hand (it's supposed to stop while it goes by). That way if you don't see anything, you will still get readings. Also - it's supposed to get SILENT when it goes by .. like a sound vaccume. (did I spell that right?
I can't spell!)

I REALLY want to do the upstate NY leg. That and the Ohio part are supposed to be the best - they have the most (alleged) sightings.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
*SHAMELESS BUMP *

It's that time of year again. The annual Lincoln Ghost Train is getting set to make it's cross country journey. All you ghost hunters who are interested have about 2 months to make your travel plans.

I thought I'd bump this for the new folks and also to remind the old ones as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's just 3 1/2 months away .... make your plans now .... Get your spot
picked, your EMFs ready, your digital cameras (IR cameras are best, but
sooooooo expensive!), your EVP recorder batteries charged ...

There are tons and tons of stories about the Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train.
I have always wanted to camp out and see what I could see. Perhaps
this year I'll finally get a chance.

The route of the Lincoln Funeral Train, which the ghost train follows -
members.aol.com...

Excellent site with pictures of the Funeral Train (earthly, not ghostly) and maps -
www.eliillinois.org...

Ohio sighting of the Lincoln Funeral Train
www.forgottenoh.com...

More from Ohio on the Lincoln Funeral Train
www.lincoln-highway-museum.org...

ive heard the story of the spectral train, but i have never seen one before, plus the links u have given are not working

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Louie Anderson
the links u have given are not working

The first two are no longer working. The second two are.
Hey ... I put them up over four years ago. It's bound to happen.
However, all the information you need to go on a ghost hunt has
been posted here. Dates .. times .. locations. All you need to do
is find the right track. A little 'hunting' of your own with the locals
who work the tracks. Its' not that hard.

If you decide to go on the ghost hunt ... enjoy! Post pictures here!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wierd I just wanted to say, I think the real train car, is here in MO.
I only have hearsay stories, it is in the woods at a religious camp, just north of Ozark MO.
I was looking to get into Browns cave, and the PPL or church, that own the property, there is an old rail car there, either it was said"told to me" that it was either the rail car used to transport his body or the railcar he rode, to the Opra in, anyways, I'll find out more tonight I go by there, to get to work....
It is on ohh, say 10-15 acres, totally fenced off "7-8 foot" high with razor wire, this is around the whole facility......
Needless to say it is a strange Church? To be this cut off, electronic entrance gate and all.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For over 10 years and I have been dispatching this railroad....

Among others from Erie, PA / Columbus, OH to Illinois

The train departed Cleveland from the Vineyard Street Station at the end of Superior Street. Cleveland 12:00 midnight, Berea 12:43 am, CROSSED ROCKY RIVER, Olmsted 12:51 am, Columbia 1:02 am, N. Eaton, Grafton 1:23 am, La Grange 1:37 am, Wellington 2:00 am, Rochester 2:17 am, New London 2:36 am, Greenwich 2:59 am, Shiloh 3:19 am, Shelby 3:39 am, Vernon, Crestline 4:07 am, Galion 4:20 am, Iberia 4:41 am, Gilead 5:05 am, Cardington 5:20 am, Ashley 5:43 am, Eden 5:55 am, Berlin 6:19 am, Lewis Centre 6:32 am, Orange 6:37 am, Worthington 6:56 am, Columbus 7:30 am. Union Depot on High Street

I'll let ya all know If we see any runaway trains that nite!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

EXCELLENT! You'll make a great ghost hunter for this!

As for where the Lincoln Funeral Train is now - I'm pretty sure it burned up in a fire and is gone.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
My group is located between Cleveland and Columbus in Delaware Ohio, near Ashley. You can bet that at least a few of us will be out to see what we can catch.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Most sightings have been in New York and Ohio. That's too far for me.
I did Philly one year, but I'm not sure if I got the right track.
Didn't see anything.

This year I'll be doing the Apr 22nd in one of these locations and times.
(weather and health permitting)

Lancaster 12:55 pm, Bird-in-hand 1:15 pm, Gordonville 1:25 pm, Leaman Place 1:28 pm, Kinzer’s 1:37 pm, Gap 1:46 pm,

That's daytime. Not as good a shot as the quiet night time.

I'll be doing a few different thing - like with a watch with a hand sweep - seeing if it stops for 5 minutes, and evps. I wish I had that thing the ghost hunters used to detect vibration. That would be great to use for a daytime investigation.

Anyways .. that's the plan. We'll see if it comes together.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Fortean Times had a decent piece recently that touched on the Lincoln Funeral Train, placing it in the same paradigm as ghost ships and so on; which raises a specific set of questions as to the nature of 'hauntings' connected to objects rather than people.

It also touches on the question as to whether the appearance of a ghost is a kind of 'reader as author' scenario where the sighting owes more to what the viewer expects the apparition to be like, rather than perhaps how a ghost may choose to appear themselves - which may explain why ghost sightings are often inconsistent or lacking historical accuracy. In the Lincoln Funeral Train case, why sightings of the train don't correspond with the reality of the train - why the train has been sighted as a the engine pulling a single flat car with the coffin on top, rather than the carriages &c.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We thought we'd take a look at the information again. This is the ghost hunt that just keeps on giving.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's time for the annual 'bump'. Bringing forward the information so those who are new can see it and plan a ghost hunt if they like. I no longer can go out and do these things. But ya'll can. If anyone decides to go, post your results. I'd love to see them! Anyways .... 'BUMP'

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for this! I'm actually planning a trip to Gettysburg around that time, so maybe I could take a little detour and see what I can come up with. My ghost hunting equipment (not the reason I'm going to Gettysburg, lol) is just sitting around in cases. If a few other ATS'ers would be interested, I may be up for it!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Everyone get out a flashlight and one of those wooden train whistles. Hide in the bushes and scare everyone!

Also, don't stand right on the tracks, just in case a real train comes by. Don't get out on a bridge or in an area that you could be stuck if a real train is coming. People have died for real waiting on ghost trains.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
*BUMP* For those who haven't seen this yet ...
I can no longer go on these kinds of ghost hunts.
But some here may be interested.
Considering this is supposed to be an annual thing ...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
^ I love you. Every year since 04 you have dilligently found this post and bumped it. I read every page - and got sad to read the last two times you are unable to do the watching any longer. Hopefully it's only due to a move away from the areas and it's impossible to get to it.

If it's health, you have my best wishes that things do not grow worse.

It just kinda kicked reality in seeing you go from 04 as an enthused adventurer to suddenly a few years later to 'I can't do this any longer but you all go and have fun!'.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Can't believe over all the years spent on this site I have never see n this thread before. Sounds like a great way to spend a quiet evening in the spring time. I live within 1/2 hr 45min from the Albany to Buffalo (Corfu) stop. While I cannot go walking long distances I sure could give it a go from my truck or close-by. And would be more than willing to devote the time to the cause. I do have a decent camera, thermal laser pointer, just no emf equipment or anything like that. So if anyone out there has any equipment that could be of use and would want to send it I would be more than happy to document any and all things possible. This thread op is proof of your dedication as some else have said previous to me. All these years and you still haven't given up, I tip my hat to you. So anyone who's interested pm me and any specific info you could provide op to my area,time etc would be helpful as I am sure you are more knowledgeable on the entire event than I.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Looks very interesting , wish I can go investigate myself

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In honor of Halloween and all the spooky stuff .. I'm bumping the thread. The new folks can look over the info and see if they are interested in going for a ghost hunt in April ..

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Okay .. it's that time of the year again. I've been bumping this thread for something like 9 years and the links might be out of date, but I think the general info is still good.

I won't be able to do the hunt this year. (health issues). But the new folks at ATS might like to take a look and see if they can.

I did it once .. near Philly. Didn't see or experience anything.
But it was daytime and busy.

I really think that the New York and Ohio legs would be the best bet.

Happy ghost hunting for anyone interested.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join