It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings of the Dying......... The things that piss me off.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello All , Been awhile since I authored anything. Been dealing with some stuff. Read my lasy thread you'll get the jest. Ive have decided to unload on ATS. It's been my venting, whipping post since 2011. I have decided to not let ALS define my views on the world and current events. I may be going out slow and shatty...but I got shat to say. In this thread I:m gonna give my simple view solution to the Confederate Battle Flag shat-pot.

The flag should be retired. Should be put into museum in each state....should be taken out and flown at half staff on the Confederate Independence day to honor those who died for what they beleived in, matter not which side. Now for all the ones who want to fly that flag because it's your right. I agree. But polite society says differently.

So here's how we do it. If you want to fly the Confederate Flag on your own property then go buy a permit each and every year and fly it till your little hearts flutter with joy. But it's gonna cost ya. A damn bunch. Now, when the ones who want to fly that flag have to dig down into that wallet or purse to purchase that permit....well let's just say Put yo money where yo flag is. I doubt we would be seeing the Battle Flag as much any more. MOney has a way of altering ones desire to outrage everybody else. I'm Southern and I am proud of my roots.....but it's 2015 folks...damn.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why would anyone need a permit to fly anything, any flag of choice, on their property?

Stalin was an arch villian, do study history.

Stand up for Freedom and Equality of all people and sovereign rights, thats the first thing. You can debate issues all you want, but any legislations, acts, bills, color of law, statues, anything that these arch villians in office or judicial write, IS NULL AND VOID AT CONCEPTION, if it violates constitution (which is a document walling in the government while preserving the infinite rights of all people), common law (no one is a slave, this is the litany of not harming others), AND your common sense. It is null and void, non existent, and a crime to enforce.

No one stands under your ideas. Or any of the world's mismanagement team either. In fact, the opinions of monsters and murderers is not in the least valid. And that is what tries to force unlawful null and void rules down our throats and I don't concur and would never obey any of them. Arrest them on sight, yes.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

We need to pay and get permission to exercise our constitutional rights?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Will I need to buy tabs to in order to show that my permit is still good? I don't like the flag and I don't like this idea either

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I think it's a pretty good idea.

At the very least, it would sort out who actually believes this design still has any real meaning, and the people who are flying it just to piss off their neighbors.

Quite honestly, I'm sick of all the symbolism being shoved down my throat lately.

Why can't it just be a design on a car?
Why can't it just be a water effect in the sun?
Why can't it just be a symbol of luck?

Why can't we, as a species, get over it?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So as long as you pay, you can raise the Nazi flag ??

If it is found to be offensive - it should be consigned to museums.

Or displayed in private.

2c.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You all miss the damn point. If you have to pay your hard earned money to back up your retoric about the flag , either stance you take, either arguement. You would see a whole bunch of folks who would rather keep their money than pay too piss the rest of us off. I think I'll do my own flag....America's outline, with a guy in the middle with his head up his arse. I'd pay for that privlege.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That flag is not even the official confederate flag. It is the Confederate naval jack. And wasn't even used from the end of the civil war until the mid 1900s

It was resurrected to protest de integration of schools in the south and to protest the civil rights movement. It really has nothing to do with the south or their heritage. Unless you're proud of heritage that means oppressing individuals and claiming whites are the pinnacle of races.

You don't see Germans flying the Nazi flag claiming they are proud of their heritage and history. So why should the south claim a flag that is grounded on racism and oppression.

The only reason anyone does fly that flag is because they "think" they know what the flag is all about. You're proud to claim a flag of a failed country? Why? None of us were born into the confederacy so you were born as an American not a confederate. But I guess whatever floats your boat.

I don't even wear the American flag or fly it because it has zero meaning to what it once was. I am not going to fly a flag of a current county that represents greed and oppression. If you believe America is still the home of the free, then you need to go walk outside and realize how much freedom you actually have.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You would see a whole bunch of folks who would rather keep their money than pay too piss the rest of us off.

The older I get, the more I accept that it's a natural part of society to have people who love pissing others off. You know, trolls weren't invented in the Internet Age, they've been around since Caveman X used to gleefully take a dump in Caveman Y's cave when he was out. : )

We can tell ourselves that they are 'broken on the inside' when, really, they are loving it. Flying flags, snubbing minorities and little things like not letting cars out of junctions...all the daily doings of society's trolls. That fat woman pushing her cart super-slowly in the aisle of your store? Yep, she's one of them...and she's smiling on the inside lol

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's the opposite of what needs to happen....more Gov't involvement hasn't to date helped with much.

Name one thing that's been made easier, less expensive, more streamlined, reduced taxes, red tape and the lot......

History shows that the Confederate flag is a symbol of rebellion, not hate. Matter of fact, the KKK *hate* that flag.

It's time to take back our minds, our freedoms and liberties from those who would have us beg them for permission, whether that be in the form of permits, licenses or the like. We created the Gov't, they are supposed to represent and work for the people...not the other way around.

We voted them in to represent us, not rule us.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm also Southern and a Civil War reenactor. I fly the Confederate flag because my ancestors fought and died under that flag. Why the hell should I have to pay to honor my ancestors? That's ridiculous. We live in America where we're supposed to have freedom of speech. Maybe the Confederate flag shouldn't be flying over a state building but the attempt to ban the flag from E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G just makes me sick! Would I pay to fly the flag if it came down to that? Hell yes! But the real problem here is that our country is becoming a nation full of cry babies who are offended by everything they don't agree with and that's really just pathetic. Our founding fathers fought hard to make this country and are probably turning in their graves because we've become a country of whiny little bitches that throw tantrums when we don't get our way.

new topics

top topics

join