It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So, newly unsealed court documents from 2005 reveal Cosby's own deposition that he had obtained and given to at least one woman drugs in order to have sex with her. Of course, he doesn't actually admit to raping them, as far as I know, but I haven't read the actual documents.

Link

Bill Cosby admitted in a 2005 court deposition that he obtained Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with. He also admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman.

The Associated Press went to court to compel the release of the documents — part of a lawsuit he settled — and they were made public Monday.

Is he now going to claim, "but it was just that ONE time" in light of the numerous accusations that have been piling up?

This is the first time he's on the record admitting to the use of drugs to obtain sex.

But he was sued in 2005 by a former Temple University employee who accused him of assaulting her. The 77-year-old comedian testified under oath in connection with that lawsuit that he gave his accuser three half-pills of Benadryl.

The lawsuit was settled for undisclosed terms in 2006, but it is known that more than a dozen women were ready to testify against him.They never got the chance to do so after the suit was settled.

Doesn't look good for the man, since he admitted he did it at least once.

So, maybe networks should stop airing The Cosby Show?
edit on 6-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

My dad said a lot of these women's accusation are false. I'm pretty sure this will convince him otherwise.
edit on 6-7-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm still surprised that people are surprised/outraged by this.

It's Hollywood. They're all a bunch of degenerates, I don't care what facades they construct to hide the fact. If they were to cease airing reruns of The Cosby Show because of the criminal sexual behavior of one of it's stars...

...they'd have to cancel every damn show on television.

Which, actually, is just fine by me. And no more Leonard Part 6?

edit on 7/6/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What the hell??? You can still buy quaaludes?
Hmmm. Wonder what else was in those puddin pops

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I used to enjoy Bill Cosby the actor, the comedian. It was shortly after the Cosby Show was in its multiple year as a top rated show, I watched Mr Cosby being interviewed, I believe on the Rosie O'Donnell Show, though I could be mistaken on this. He said, and I am paraphrasing here, that people tell him they do not see him as a black, African American...they see him simply as a man honed well in his craft. The "no color seen" comment offended him and he said that ANYONE who tells him they don't see color, meaning him as a man of color, is a racist and it is extremely insulting. He went on and on about how he achieved his success AS A BLACK MAN and he demands to always be identified AS A BLACK MAN.

That was the last time I intentionally watched anything that supported Mr Cosby's career. No more record albums, I tossed my well worn "Why is there Air?" vinyl record, which I could recite word for word. I genuinely LIKED the guy, up until he told me I was racist because I only saw the man and not the colored of that man's skin.

I have several very close friends, decades long close friendships with people who have a different skin color than mine and I am not racist. What I am is selective in who deserves my entertainment dollars and Mr Cosby deserves nothing from me, IMHO.

He should have due process and, if found guilty of charges, be held accountable for each crime he willfully committed. His celebrity and scholar status should not be a factor on any level, for any reason.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I'm still surprised that people are surprised/outraged by this.

It's Hollywood. They're all a bunch of degenerates ...

That.

I could not have said it better. Actually, I've said it just like that about a bazillion times.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
What the hell??? You can still buy quaaludes? ...

HA! I thought the same things. As a matter of fact, I was so surprised to see the mention of Quaaludes that I did a Google search on the word out of curiosity, just wondering if they are even still produced. (And yes, I realize that the news report is 10 years old.)

The first hit was on Wikipedia's page on the drug. The rest were all about Bill Cosby.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So he doesn't approve of swearing, but rape is fine?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
So he doesn't approve of swearing, but rape is fine?

Like NthOther said, it's Hollywood, buddy. What else would you expect? Every one of them. Every damned one of them.

With perhaps a few exceptions...

NAH! No exceptions. They're all degenerates.
edit on 2015 7 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I do not understand why people get so hyped up regarding Hollywood types. The way I see it, they are paid entertainers which have been around for all of human history, in the Middle Ages, they were court jesters and now people are infatuated with what they say, do and act as if they are elite…

Since when did the court jesters gain clout in society and what does that say about the health of our society that these are the role models put forward?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Easy to answer that conundrum.

Because people are stupid and do what they are told. Especially by The Box (you know, the one in your living room). The box commands to idolize, nay, worship, these over-paid jesters, so people just do it.

Must obey the masters.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
I do not understand why people get so hyped up regarding Hollywood types. The way I see it, they are paid entertainers which have been around for all of human history, in the Middle Ages, they were court jesters and now people are infatuated with what they say, do and act as if they are elite…

Since when did the court jesters gain clout in society and what does that say about the health of our society that these are the role models put forward?

I think that, to a lot of people, hence celebrity hysteria, etc, Hollywood & actors are a reflection—or projection—what people would like to be and/or achieve to compensate for their own perceived inadequacies.

Other than that, they are entertainers: and we pay big money for entertainment (see sports players), concert ticket prices, etc.

And since they often have the spotlight places on them, like public figures in general people pay attention.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

A lot of them are, and a lot of them are not.

I work with big name actors very frequently. I've seen completely a-holes, divas, some very humble and cool, and I've seen new actors transition over time.

But of course some people will be outraged or fail to believe: He's a Huxtable! THE Huxtable!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Actually do not have a television in the home; I have large monitors and a nice media room with a projector however the cable box has been returned as of about 2009.

Also, you didn't think I was actually looking for an answer to why, did you?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

It's all rhetorical.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

People would be surprised how many celebrities have criminal records.

However, any other guy who was found drugging women and raping them would find themselves behind bars. Celebrities and the elite are given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to breaking the law. It's the typical unfair justice system we have in the United States. If your rich and powerful you can avoid being charged with a crime or escape jail time.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The other thread was closed regarding this topic, which I originally posted in. So here are my thoughts on it.

My beliefs on this latest Bill Cosby scandal may be unpopular here, but I gotta say it. There may be some half-truths here, ones in which Cosby himself has admitted to regarding some things like this over 30 years ago.

But Cosby has spoken out against the "thug" culture, which the black community has embraced as their own. This culture has caused more violence and racism (by blacks) since the days of the true KKK before the civil rights movement.

This current admin has all but ignited a race war with all the accusations etc of racism from (white) cops due to "profiling" etc. This has totally distracted from the cases of ALL police violence again those of ALL races. Even though, in every single case of white cop on black "teen" violence, the media has tried to tie to racism to those cases, but ALL of which ended up being cases of real criminal thugs resisting arrest etc that were just being thugs and needed to be held accountable for it.

Bill Cosby has, for years been very clear about his thoughts on why thug culture has no place in America. He has pointed out that Americans are Americans. That there is no such thing as an "African" American, and he has clearly spoken on how ridiculously divided and segregated the black community has made themselves due to nonsensical arguments and mythical notions of rampant white racism that the left keeps throwing around, which they would love to lead every American (and those abroad) to believe exists right now. The most rampant racism in existence right now, is coming from the black community.

Bill spoke truths that the black community, and likely the Obama admin did not want to hear. Bill spoke words very closely related to the words of Dr Martin Luther King JR. But many in the black community would like to continue playing victims, and not want the world to judge them on the content of their character, but instead the color of their skin. This is segregation in it's truest form. There is no need for any sort of Jim Crow laws.

I believe Bill was set up and attacked by those with a specific racial agenda. Many in the black community called him an "uncle tom" and not "black enough" for the black community well before this scandal started.

However sick Bill may be, many on the left and in the black community are as equally sick.

I don't know what to believe when it comes to all these accusations against Bill Cosby, but I will always remember his words, beyond whatever corruption that may or may not have took hold of him. If only briefly, he spoke words truer than we have seen from many in a long time.

Common sense is becoming a thing of the past.

Those are my thoughts on it. Now call me a racist, hater, bigot, all the words of the Liberal vocab, I totally expect it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'd honestly be surprised if a major hollywood celebrity ~hadn't~ provided quaaludes in participation with sex.

Doesn't make it rape if two people agree to get high together and have sex.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I try not to put much stock into actors, but ever since I was a kid I have enjoyed Bill Cosby. I grew up watching the Cosby Show, and Cosby was one of my favorite tv dads...second to Dan Connor.

Again, I know it is Hollywood and he is an actor, but he was still someone I looked up to, he was such a good tv dad. The news is hard to stomach. Rape is unforgivable crime. I had hoped at first that this was extortion but all the extra news coming out seems to point to a rapist, who drugged young women and took advantage of them.

At the end of the day, this serves as a reminder about those in Hollywood. Just because a person's television personality is something to admire, doesn't mean they are anything close to the same off-screen. They are playing a part they are paid liar's.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Bill spoke truths that the black community, and likely the Obama admin did not want to hear.

I believe Bill was set up and attacked by those with a specific racial agenda.

Or, maybe Bill is an shady opportunist and a sleazy rapist who hypocritically allowed himself to be set up as a wholesome black role model while using his status to take advantage of hundreds of trusting young women, only to get caught decades after the fact.

Maybe Obama has nothing to do with Bill Cosby's current state of affairs.

edit on 7-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join