It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are living in the Era of the Offended

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We are currently witnessing the mental disease called liberalism at its most intolerant heights.

Irrationality over common sense now runs rampant like a plague. Crybabies and finger pointers are on the hunt. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Religion started it; vesting its fantastical self in all manner of hypersensitive mythreals in order to stave off scrutiny of its absurd notions. Over time, other elements of society have, too, adopted this approach of hiding behind 'offence' and libel (or "blasphemy"!) so as to imbue its particular bent/s with a defence against objective criticism.

Offence is a weak man's defence.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833
You got it mostly right....
We do not live in the era of the offended. That is no longer the question. We live in the era of Do I have a right to be offended? Most people today who claim offense at one thing or another really aren't. However, they have been trained to feign offense in order to benefit from the so-called offense. I have seen this nonsense so many times, I quit my last job and retired because of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: igor_ats

People are fired from their jobs, ridiculed and so on, death threats etc. All these things are real world consequences from thoughts, ppl have the power to influence from a keyboard.

People have always picked apart every word spoken in public by people that didn't like the speaker or the words, speaking in public has always come at a risk to your employment or station in life. Always. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's always been.

The internet has made this thing quite bigger than before, not a small point.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join