It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick One: Time Traveler or Parallel Dimension Travel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jinn82
Did anyone ever watch the TV series Sliders? This show was about traveling to parallel earths, the guys had a device to return them to their original dimension which was on a timer but they had to override it and do an emergency jump which messed up the device, this causes them to jump to a random parallel earth each time the timer reaches zero.

Yep, I was thinking of the same show! It was great....well for a while. By the end all the original characters had left, save one who was originally just there for comic relief.

If I could see the parallel dimensions I was jumping to, and knew I could get back...Then I might choose that. The thing about time travel, however is that you already have a bit of a road map of what to expect by looking at history books. Parallel dimensions would be a bit of a crap shoot unless you could somehow see into the other dimension before you hopped over.

Also...Time travel might lead to greater rewards...Travel to the future and get lotto numbers...Travel to the past and pick up priceless paintings from artists that were only famous after their death...etc.

Then again...with parallel universe travel, you could go to a universe where the Beatles never broke up, and are still touring. You could find a universe with a utopia society, and move there. You could find a universe where science is more advanced, and bring back gadgets that would make you rich in your own universe...So many possibilities.

I'm undecided.

edit on 3-7-2015 by bhornbuckle75 because:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Parallel universe. Because the Bacon Universe needs found, and eaten. By me. And only me. All others will perish because DON'T TOUCH MY BACON.

<< 1   >>

join