It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Threatens Christians in Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just ran across this on several Israeli news websites.

Menacing Arabic flyers, purportedly issued by an Islamic State branch in Jerusalem, threatened Christian Arabs over the weekend with slaughter unless they flee the capital by the end of Ramadan.

Various sources say the threats include old Jerusalem and The Church of The Holy sepulchre

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

If there's one thing that might unite the ME against ISIS it's an attack on Jerusalem.

Holy city of three major religions?

Not sure ISIS wants to do that...then again, maybe they are that brain-dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

More likely is it is a fundraising attempt by IS in order to show the rest of the ME that they, 'IS' can stand up to the west.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If there's one thing that might unite the ME against ISIS it's an attack on Jerusalem.

Holy city of three major religions?

Not sure ISIS wants to do that...then again, maybe they are that brain-dead.

Nah. They're attacking Christians and ridding the land of them.

Edit: Forgot to add - that's inside of the most efficient police state too.
edit on 99857Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Islam started in Mecca not Jerusalem. Islam like most cities stole the location from the Jews and claimed it as a holy city only during the Crusades.

Neither Ismael nor his father Abraham were buried there. Jerusalem was not even known as such to Abraham he knew it as Salem only.

Jerusalem is only mentioned after Moses brought Israel out of Egypt and it was a pagan city of the Cananites.

Judaism was not started in Jerusalem that is just the place God allowed Solomon to build him and house.

Christianity started from Jerusalem but is a split from Judaism.

Now Christians don't claim Jerusalem as their holy city. Jews do and so does Islam but they have no claim to it.

edit on 28-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Probably just MOSSAD operation.......we all know ISIS wont attack Israel or Christians , because tey were made by Israel

1ST!!!
edit on 6/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

ISIS has already threatened to destroy the Kaaba in Mecca.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Islam started in Mecca not Jerusalem.

Neither Ismael nor his father Abraham were buried there. Jerusalem was not even known as such to Abraham.

Jerusalem is only mentioned after Moses brought Israel out of Egypt.

Judaism was not started in Jerusalem that is just the place God allowed Solomon to build him and house.

Christianity started from Jerusalem but is a split from Judaism.

All you are telling us is why you don't think anyone but Christians have a claim on Jerusalem. Good luck with that...LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Jerusalem is a major Islamic holy city. No, it's not Mecca, but it's not far off, either.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

go back and reread the post I edited it so you could not make that claim.

Christians don't claim any earthly city as their holy city.

We wait like Abraham for that city not made of by men.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes I stand corrected it was Meddina or something like that not Mecca

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I'd forgotten that.

They've been smart enough not to do it... As an outsider, that's insanity. Were I Muslim? Unforgivably blasphemous. It would be tantamount to destroying the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So there's an ISIS branch IN Jerusalem?

Is it just me, or maybe, um, ISRAEL should freakin' do something or are they just going to sit idly by? Oh yeah, they'd rather kill innocent Palestinians than confront ISIS.

That said, *if* ISIS causes any violence in Jerusalem, I imagine they just brought a whole world of hurt on their POS cowardly backsides.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well, at least ISIS isn't occupying land illegally. The Palestinians are hence why they're a greater threat to the existence of Israel.

EDIT: Some didn't figure out I was being sarcastic.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It doesn't change the fact that Jerusalem houses holy sites of Christendom.

Like this one?

That would be the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Or this one?

The Wailing Wall.

....and last but not least.

The Dome of the Rock.

Three major holy sites. All in Jerusalem. All beyond just merely important to three major religions.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Wow, you actually went there with the biggest piece of rancid bait trolling I've seen in a long time.

Good bye.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So there's an ISIS branch IN Jerusalem?

Is it just me, or maybe, um, ISRAEL should freakin' do something or are they just going to sit idly by? Oh yeah, they'd rather kill innocent Palestinians than confront ISIS.

That said, *if* ISIS causes any violence in Jerusalem, I imagine they just brought a whole world of hurt on their POS cowardly backsides.

I would say branch is strong word. If the most they have done is put up some pamphlets it is more likely one or two loners claiming the name. They have been supporting the forces fighting ISIS forming a buffer zone in Syria made up of mostly Druze along with some local town militias and Bedouins. That zone has been under pressure but, breached so ISIS getting anybody into Israel is unlikely. Unless they break the zone but, I would expect ISIS would then find Israeli forces surging and securing a new buffer zone.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I'd bet on brain-dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

No offense, but I really hope you lose that bet... Otherwise it'll be a bloodbath.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Do you really see the Druze aligning with Bedouins, and local militia, who are in many cases, avidly hostile to them?

It'd be a good thing, I think... But memories are very long, and forgiveness for sins, real and imagined, hard to come by.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join