It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vulcan Final Flight Pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi All,

For anyone who follows the Vulcan bomber, you'll know that this year marks the final flying season of the last remaining airworthy Vulcan before it is sadly retired from the skies.

Well, I got to see it fly for myself today when it overflew the North East Air Museum.

Heres some pics...

edit on 6/27/2015 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

Great pics.
She's a beaut!

My neighbour told me to be on the lookout tomorrow at 3pm. (I'm in the east) It should be flying over my house. Hopefully get some pictures myself.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Flew over my house last year low and fast
Now I've spent a fair bit of time around aircraft and the sorts, but wow those jets roared
As it approached head on the wife beat me on the shoulder, White as a sheet.
Bless her cotton socks .....thought it was a flying saucer

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Makes me want to watch Thunderball again. Always thought that bird was interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Love Em.
Saw a Vulcan at the 1971 Edinburgh RAAF Air show in Adelaide.

Man, no kidding, it was the Loudest thing I had ever heard, the roar was deafening .....I was young.

My Fav jet was the F4E Phantom tho... love the weird look of those things. I wish I still had my Airfix kit of it...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I have my dad's log book he flew on that actual Vulcan - he was on Vulcans for 3 years - as a navigator - they were brave crew - in the cold war if they had to complete their mission in Russia they did not have enough fuel to return - then I guess they knew their would be nothing to return to thanks to MAD.

It is a shame they scrapped the Vulcan fleet

edit on 28-6-2015 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't bloody believe it...
Had a lie down for an hour, just got woke up by the roar of the Vulcan flying directly over my house...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is it true that it had two ejection seats and a crew of five? I guess the guys on the lower deck have do manual bailouts.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I remember being taken by my Dad to see the Vulcans shortly after they were taken out of service. We were on a public road at the back of RAF Finningley (now Robin Hood Airport) Even though my Dad was stationed there and we always seemed to have reasonable access to the station he said we couldn't get near during this part of their life.They were parked up and one was raised in the process of having its 'back broken' as my Dad put it. Saw them at the Airshow there a few times as a kid and couldn't get my head round the fact they were being scrapped.....to me they were cutting edge technology! And my Dad said there was nothing to replace them.....which again, I couldn't get my head round. Loved my childhood growing up on airforce bases.......ahhhhh.....good times.....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Love Em.
Saw a Vulcan at the 1971 Edinburgh RAAF Air show in Adelaide.

Man, no kidding, it was the Loudest thing I had ever heard, the roar was deafening .....I was young.

My Fav jet was the F4E Phantom tho... love the weird look of those things. I wish I still had my Airfix kit of it...

Yeah, this was low and LOUD! i also had an Airfix Vulcan when I was a kid.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'll be seeing this beast at the royal international air tattoo in July
haven't seen his aircraft in ages

Nice pics. I'll add Mkne to this thread after the airshow

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a splendid plane and don't forget the victor!

david munday sac rip.

f

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I remember a couple of these flying over my school in central London in the very early 80s. They may even have been two of the Vulcans that hit Port Stanley.
They cast a huge shadow, and made a lot of noise.

Beautiful bird.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1
Just wanted to say the bombing of port Stanley was a great accomplishment. The logistics of it all was out of this world.

top topics

join