It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17 tribunal idea is 'counterproductive': Russian official

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Moscow (AFP) - A senior Russian official on Friday rejected calls for the establishment of a UN tribunal to try those responsible for the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine last year.

"We are against it," deputy foreign minister Gennadiy Gatilov was reported by Russian news agencies as saying. "We think it is not timely and counterproductive."

The Netherlands, Malaysia and three other countries want a UN tribunal to investigate the July 2014 crash, which killed all 298 people passengers and crew.

The Boeing 777 passenger jet was travelling between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur when it was shot down in eastern Ukraine, during some of the worst fighting between government forces and pro-Russian separatists who took up arms against Kiev's pro-Western government a few months earlier.

Suspicions immediately fell on the separatists, who may have used a surface-to-air missile supplied by Russia to shoot down the plane.

But Moscow flatly denied it was involved and pointed a finger instead at Ukraine's military.

The five countries of the Joint Investigation Team -- Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands and Ukraine -- met last week in New York to discuss the proposed international tribunal.

Gatilov said the investigation should be completed before any further steps are taken.

"Now we must wait until the end of the investigation rather than adopt hasty resolutions on creating a tribunal," he said, adding that "the issue is very sensitive and serious and must be thoroughly studied."

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

In what is likely just stalling into an investigation that will likely never be resolved he isn't mistaken in saying performing a tribunal before the investigation is completed is hasty and improper.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

In what is likely just stalling into an investigation that will likely never be resolved he isn't mistaken in saying performing a tribunal before the investigation is completed is hasty and improper.

Or they are afraid of what will be shown.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

My question is why is RUssia even caring as they say they aren't involved?

If Russia has nothing to hide then they should have no problems with a UN tribunal...unless they do have something to hide.

You would think they would want this to prove they weren't involved, but the fact they don't is very telling.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I agree, but why start it prematurely. Wait til the investigation is complete with no holes, THEN do it. Russia knows that will happen eventually, but if they can stall long enough and make enough side deals they will never see the backlash.

Most likely will eventually be "official" that defectors sympathetic to the rebels went to help on their own recog, and Russia will be completely absolved.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Russians know this would be just another western propaganda grandstanding using dead people.

Just another sideshow. While western media never asks question who allowed the plane to fly over a war zone AND DESCENT IN ALTITUDE over a war zone.

But they sure will spend time on funerals and political speeches.

Russian propaganda is nothing compared to western spin, western propaganda is truly sublime.

Why should I be on the side of people who did 9/11 the US government.

Why should I be on the side of NATO, they made ISIS possible.

Why should I be on the side of west overall, the lovers and creators of endless debt.

I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER
edit on 27-6-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

They didn't descend. They were above the restricted altitude and they stayed at the same altitude the entire flight once they reached cruising altitude. There were something like five other flights around them at the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I take everything you post with a few tons of salt.

You remind me of my father, for him USA and their puppet governments around the world can do no wrong.

For all I know CIA and [SNIPPED] took down the plane, it certainly fits with their history.
edit on Sun Jun 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: *** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Do your own research. There are flight tracking sites that used the data directly from the transponder that prove the aircraft didn't descend. They also prove there were other flights in the region at the time, including one that flew right over the area that it was shot down at about the same time, at a slightly higher altitude.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Just another sideshow. While western media never asks question who allowed the plane to fly over a war zone AND DESCENT IN ALTITUDE over a war zone.

Why should they ask about something that never happened?

Russian propaganda is nothing compared to western spin, western propaganda is truly sublime.

SO making up stories that they have to pull because it is a lie is nothing...or are you just going to dismiss all the fabricated BS Russian media has provided concerning Ukraine?

Here enjoy the Russian propaganda that you think is nothing...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

www.stopfake.org...

edit on 27-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I take everything you post with a few tons of salt.

But can you provide anything that refutes what he says?

For all I know CIA and [SNIPPED] took down the plane, it certainly fits with their history.

SO what history would that be where Ukraine and CIA have done something like this in the past?
edit on Sun Jun 28 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I do agree that no kind of trial should be held until the investigation is complete. However the final report is due in October. It will probably take at least that long to get a tribunal set up.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That's just it... all this action does is clear the way for international prosecution. Its doesn't start anything until the report is done.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Why should you be on "the west's side?"

Pretty sure nobody is making you, so.....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised?
I am surprised too because ,I would have though that a tribunal would have been set up well after they built the gallows or maybe gas chambers in their case . It's really hard to tell ,because the narrative to this whole story as told by the western media is pretty choppy and dicey ,if not absurd .

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Why am I not surprised?
I am surprised too because ,I would have though that a tribunal would have been set up well after they built the gallows or maybe gas chambers in their case . It's really hard to tell ,because the narrative to this whole story as told by the western media is pretty choppy and dicey ,if not absurd .

And yet Russia has lied and put out false information and fake images to blame another country.... and the narrative the west has put out is absurd??

Lol ok...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

In this piece "Russia has rehearsed an invasion of SCANDINAVIA which, if carried out, would prevent NATO from reinforcing the Baltic states, claims US security report . www.dailymail.co.uk... eport.html

"A mock invasion of Sweden and Norway has been carried out by 33,000 Russian troops, a US security think tank has claimed." They even have pics ">) Invasion: Zubr-class hovercraft, deploying marines during Zapad-09 in Mordovia during Russia's rehearsals for occupying part of the Baltic states
In the previous world, Mordovia was a land-locked republic in Russia which didn’t even have a big river. lol

I could go through a ton of examples like the one above that would raise a eye brow at least so I will just cut to one example that is a 1000 words to make it short . "Liar, Liar! Mainstream Media Won’t Like This One
News is comprised of a few stories amplified across a vast network of media owned by a very few. And here’s the proof russia-insider.com...

You see in the real world when you have 1000 witnesses and they are saying the exact same thing one might wonder if they were standing in the exact same spot with the exact same eyes or if maybe they got their story from the same source and were just regurgitating it . russia-insider.com...

Naw couldn't happen eh .

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yet Russia and the rebels have been consistently caught lying about the shoot down.

Why would Russia perform a training exercise involving the use of nukes to wipe out Norway government or perform exercises simulating the invasion of 4 nations.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Finishing the investigation first would be productive.

(post by the2ofusr1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join